What Is On Your To Do List? 7/30/07 thru 8/5/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Yikes! Cannot believe we will be in to August by the end of the week!

I should dust, again, today! Four animals, and our son, help to keep things 'stirred' up. Need to wipe down bathroom counters and kitchen too.

It is hot and HUMID here today, as it will be for rest of the week. I preferred hot, by itself!

Friday we meet with our daughter and her fiance, to help pick appetiziers for their wedding. It is a 'cocktail' reception, with her wedding in the evening. Afterwards we will finalize the wedding list.

Nancy. Your daughter looks beautiful, and SIL, very handsome! She looks so happy and I love her dress. Congratulations!

It sounds as if you have all been busy! Anne Theresa, I hope you are doing better. Ellen, I really would love to see the 'Beatles'. I think they may be here towards the end of the summer. Linda, how's that new stove? Just what I love to spend my money on, appliances..NOT! Alaska, would you send some of the food you are canning?!!!

Hopefully, this will be a good week for all!

2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Planning weddings...been there, done that. Exciting time...

Hopefully I can get somethings accomplised this week.

today I did get the kitchen floor mopped and changed the sheets on my bed, gotta get the rest of the beds though.

We put 30 quarts of corn in the freezer and I have about that much more to do, bring your knives and pull up a chair..

hope to can some tomatoes this week, but our weather has been so lousy that I am not going to have the bumper crop I had last year.
    Also time to start getting my baby girl ready to move back to her dorm, have to replace some of her stuff that got damaged in the break-in.

Hope everyone has a good week
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sorry it's humid, Kim...I hate that kind of weather. How exciting that the wedding is coming so soon...when? September? Can't believe it's almost August. I hope you are feeling good enough to enjoy every minute of DD's wedding. You will be a beautiful MOTB. What color is your dress?

Lacey, I used to can, freeze, etc. Long, long ago. Hope you are able to accomplish what you plan.

I just mopped the kitchen floor. This weekend was full of spills around here. First, DH didn't check the shower curtain and flooded the bathroom.

Then, I put a juice bottle in the frig., left, came back, and found Cran/Rasp juice flooding out of the frig, onto the floor, under the frig, in the frig...you name it. What a mess that was to clean up.

Then, something else happened...can't remember it, but the last was DH sitting here at the desk with a beer...you guessed it...he spilled it all over some papers, the calendar, etc.

Is this what happens when you turn 60? Why am I asking you youngsters? (-:

So, I mopped the kitchen floor after grocery shopping, seeing the dentist, and making the bed.

Showered and now I'm waiting for the floor to dry so I can clean our stainless sink.

I'll be puttering today.

Hope you all do what you can, but do overdo!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, your daughter looks radiant in her wedding gown. I hope she has a happy, successful marriage.

My mission for today is to attend a Weight-Watcher's meeting. I missed last week due to pain & IBS. By my own personal rule, I try not to miss two meetings (or appointments, etc.) in a row, so I intend to push myself to attend today's meeting. WW is going well by the way, I've lost 6.2 lbs and hoping for a further loss of 1 or 2 today.

After the meeting, I'm going to come home, read, cuddle my pets, watch TV, nuke some soup for dinner. By way of housework, I'm just going to maintain until I have the energy to move forward.

I'm very tired, struggling with pain, the usual. Still no word from the pain management clinic. I see my g.p. on Wednesday, perhaps they've made an appointment through his office(fingers crossed). I'm frustrated with the process but I'm okay, feel blessed with good life, grateful, etc.

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Well, my daughter's plane finally arrived a few hours late yesterday but they're home safe and sound.

They didn't take the cat with them because the elevator is broken at their building and they wanted to make it to the 5th floor in one trip so I imagine I'll be seeing them again soon.

I vacuumed, mopped and windex'd yesterday so today should be an easy one for me.

I hope to water my plants and make it to base later to check the mail. I'm out of my supplements and hoping they come in today. I can't go many days without the Fibro Complete Multi they sell here before I start going downhill.

The weather is strangely chilly again with lows at 50 and highs in the 60's. Beautiful but it's supposed to get even colder so I might sew more flannel jammy pants for myself too.

Hugs all and thanks for the compliments on the wedding pic.

Nancy B
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have one piano student today, then I will take the month of August off- yay!

Today, I have no plans, so I should clean windows. They have been waiting for their "spring" cleaning, and now it's almost August! I think spring is well past and the windows need attention. Inside and out!

I have basil that needs picking, so I hope to make pesto today as well. We freeze it so it can be pulled out for a quick "summertime" dinner later on. Basil smells so wonderful!

Take care, everyone, and don't work too hard!
    p.s. Kim, come on over. I have about 8 kinds of jam on hand![This Message was Edited on 07/31/2007]
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My main missions for today are to (1) shower/shampoo, (2) go to the dollar-store with a friend, and (3) walk around the block with sweetie.

I'd like to accomplish at least some of this list, though realistically, a few items will likely be carried over to tomorrow:

- fold & put away laundry
    - empty wastebaskets
    - clean washroom, including floor
    - sweep & spot clean living-room floor
    - clean kitchen counters, sink etc.
    - water plants

Wishing everyone a good day,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I just finished folding socks, LOTS of SOCKS! Of course, there are always those in hiding... grrrrr.. where are they anyway? LOL

Need to swiffer floors today. I finished list from yesterday. Take a bath and that will be it for the day.

Cannot shake this chronic fatigue. Too much to do in the coming months! Elizabeth's wedding is Sat. Oct. 6! I need to get some strength back!

A good day to all!

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim: It's hot and humid here in Michigan, too. The weatherman is saying hot and humid through next Monday. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Anne Theresa: Congratulations on the weight loss! I think most of us here know how hard it is to lose weight.

Nancy: The wedding picture was just beautiful. My brother is on Seroquel, too. His doctor just weighed him at his last appt. and he has gained 16 pounds. He has the munchies like you wouldn't believe! That's where I got the info on the Topamax, which I've been on for about ten days now. I still haven't noticed a change in my appetite, but maybe I will once I go up to the full dosage. Jim is resistant to going on this medication, but if his weight keeps going up, he may have to. Anyway, congratulations on your daughter's wedding. I'm sorry you couldn't have been there.

Lacey: I see you are from Kentucky. My tomatoes are still fairly small and green but I think I will have a pretty good crop. I don't need to can too many this year since I have some left from last year. I've started freezing broccoli, beans and squash.

Sue: I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your story of the spills! Is this what I have to look forward to?

Okay, on to my to-do list:

-sweep and mop kitchen floor (done)
    -iron (done)
    -finish grocery list
    -make spaghetti
    -put away laundry (done)
    -put away yesterday's dishes (done)

Tomorrow's list:

-grocery shopping
    -take my brother to get his hair cut
    -go out for lunch with my brother

I'll probably talk to all of you later in the week! Take care!

10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'd take a guess and say my daughter's gained about 10 pounds a month for each month she's been on the Seroquel. She's weaning off now, but slowly since she wanted to remain level for the wedding week.

This drug also causes hypothyroid which she now is so I'd be watching those symptoms before they increase. Have the doc check your brother's bloodwork often just in case.

Today's my daughter's birthday and if she's feeling ok, (she caught a cold on the plane) she's coming in and we'll go shopping on base and get a few things done. Maybe a fun lunch somewhere too.

Otherwise, I'm resting! And a bit of cleaning too.

Hugs all,

Nancy B

11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Also, Happy White Rabbit Day! My cousin just wrote me that it is an old Irish tradition to wake up this morning and make a wish....too late, I had already woke up!

Well, I didn't get my windows done....maybe today.

I'll probably take the kids swimming today.

Ellen, I'm jealous that you have beans and broccoli. We didn't plant a whole garden- we have too many pests- but our tomatoes are about where yours are. I picked two this week and they were good!

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Instead of going to the dollar-store yesterday as planned, my friend and I went to the mall. While there, I was fitted for, and purchased, a new bra. I'm hoping a good quality bra (read expensive) and proper fit will offset some of my back pain. At the present, I don't know what causes more pain; wearing one or not wearing one. LOL

My main mission today is to get through the day as comfortably as I can. If I feel up to it during the course of the day, I'll focus on the following (carried over from yesterday's to-do list.)

- empty wastebaskets
    - clean washroom, including floor
    - sweep & spot clean living-room floor

I hope everyone's day brings some joy.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

The people on our board are just not too bright,I think. I'm going to attribute it to that rather than that they are malacious. I really don't think so, though.

Go to massage.

Water new flowers. Got some new shrubs,etc.yesterday. The backyard is looking really nice now.

Just the normal stuff.

Life just isn't exciting,is it?

Anne, I do hope you are feeling better. I could use a good bra but don't have the energy to find one. Our town has nothing in that area...on our own.

Take care, each one.

14. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I don't have time to read everyone else's replies right now, but here's my to-do list from today on....

Today (Wednesday): Straighten up my HORRIBLY messy house! No time for actual "cleaning".... just straightening-up the overall clutter.

Tomorrow: LAUNDRY, and that will pretty much take up the entire day.

Friday, Sat. and Sun: Working those nights, so I'll be sleeping all day.

Next week: Go get my new driver's license that shows my new MARRIED name! My fiance' of 3 years and I got married on 7-7-7!

15. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

How could I forget??? My daughter starts Kindergarten next week, too!

16. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Here's a secret that's not-so-secret.... Victoria's Secret! LOL

I get their catalogs every 2-3 months or so because I have ordered underwear and bras from them in the past.... now they are ALL I will wear! I never wear any of my old non-VS stuff anymore! It just fits SO great, is SO comfortable, and you would not believe how inexpensive it is! You should check it out online or get a catalog, if you're in the market for a good bra and don't get out much.

Oh, my gosh, I just wrote a commercial..... lol

It wasn't intentional, really, I'm just trying to be helpful!

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We do have a VS, and I just remembered that my sister told me how great their bras are. She is larger than I, so probably I can find something.

Thanks for sending the thought along. Maybe next week I might go for a look-see.

Gentle hugs to you all..Just a quick note to say "hello" to everyone.

We just got back from the vineyard, and needless to say, my body is screaming from head to toe..and to make matters worse, DH and I are coming down with colds!! With the temp. being 100+, I can't imagine where we caught the "cold bug" from..yuk!! We did get alot accomplished, and I can only say, I'm sooooo glad the hardest part of the work is done!!

I will post again, as soon as my body recovers..in the meantime, I see you all are keeping busy..does this mean you're staying out of trouble, too?? :) I'm sorry some of you are feeling under the weather..hopefully, that will change soon.

Take care and pamper yourselves!
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It has been brewing for over a year now, and these unresponsive, arrogant board members aren't doing their jobs; so, a number of owners have banded together to bring things to their attention...yet again but written and pursued.

Such fun living is sometimes.

Also got another letter from yet another person on our house plans...he, of course, wants money, too. I'm up to my eyeballs in anger right now. Everyone wants money and we still don't have plans to submit to the county. Everyone said they would be ready by late August to start building. Hah!

AAGH! Sorry I unloaded. Just unloaded on DH as he was driving to lunch...should make his day.

Me today? Trying to get over being mad.

Watched Man of La Mancha with Peter O'Toole this AM on TCM. What a wonderful movie...wonderful music. I recommend it if you ever get a chance to see it. Timeless.

Just finished giving Felix some time out front to sniff around...need to do a few things...don't know what. I'm still ticked off. Spend most of my time angry or depressed lately. Don't know when it will change.

Anyway, take care, each one of you. Thanks again, all of you, for the VS info.

20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hope things have calmed down some after your last post...

I did a lot yesterday and had a great day. My daughter's husband got her ID card so we shopped on base, ended up going back in 3 times but we had a great day. I bought them new bedding for their wedding present.

Had trouble sleeping last night as they were hammering at 8:00 and that's way past my bedtime. I called the landlord and it stopped right away, but it still interupts my sleep patterns so I'm a bit more tired today.

I need to go back to base to check the mail, grab hubby's dry cleaning so he has clean pants when he gets back. I volunteered for this, he always has so much to do. I need to mail a few cd's of my daughter's wedding pics too. And I should take in our trash and recyclables too. All of this helps him.

Having trouble with Pro Health sending my vitamins and supps this time. I've ordered twice and they send, cancel all in one fell swoop. Not sure what's going on but without my PH multi, I'll be in trouble in a few days.

Need to give my Maltese a haircut but not sure if I'll get it done, she also needs a bath badly.

Hugs all,

Nancy B