What Is On Your 'To Do' List? 7/9/07 thru 7/15/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning,

Another hot and humid day. I feel sorry for those in the western states. Fires and heat are out of control.

I need to wash my hair today. Clean up the house some. Swiffer the floors. Other than that, it's pretty wide open.

Appointments start tomorrow, so I'm, once again resting up.

I hope you all have found some relief from this heat wave we are having. It seems as if Global Warming wasn't a 'crazy notion'...

Hugs to all,

PS... I will delte last weeks post if that is okay with you all. Or would you prefer to keep it up? I try to delete some, a few days after the new one, to clean up the board. Let me know! Majority rules! LOL
  2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Everybody is finally back to work and school after the 4th holiday, hopefully I can get caught up on my rest...

today is the day for cleaning the couch and chairs..
    I'll be canning greenbeans this week also, wish everyone was here to help string them, hard job, but they taste good in the winter.

the rest of the week will be spent on planning...
    planning to paint the walls, planning on weeding the flower bed,planning to do laundry...

have a good week...lacey
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We returned yesterday from Chico, CA...110+ degrees most of the days we were there. I got sick...digestive problems, etc. It was so miserable. We loved being with grandson and parents, but my oh my, it was hot.

Rest up, Kim! Doctor appointments take a lot of energy.

Lacey...I used to can green beans...and you're right...lots of work, but taste so good in the winter.

Sitting here in nightgown doing laundry. Have diarrhea...the heat did me in.

Take care each of you.

Check back in tomorrow.

4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Kim: your profile says you are from NE Indiana and you spent time at the lake! Our daughter-in=-law's mother owns a cottage on Lake James. Is that whdere you were? They and the whole family (their family) gang spent the whole weekend and holiday there, enjoying the family and all of the family July birthdays, including the great-grandma.

Give me a hint as to where you go?

lacey: how in envy you the green beans!!! We had a big garden and I canned and canned each summer. When the family came home, they always knew that they would get a big pot of green beans, cooked with lots of bacon and diced onion. Oh my, they were so good. I would send the kids out to pick!Then I had to go out and pick all that they had missed. They did not like the job.

Sue: I know how your stomach feels from the heat! I'm OK but heat can get the best of you. Stay

Stay out of it for a while.

Linda: I'm doing OK, thanks. If you like my stories, read the last "Porch" toward the end. Too long to do over. Hope all is going OK with you.

For July 10, i am trying to get the energy to change the sheets. It hurts my back so bad that I have to sit down on the bed once in A while. i also need some new sheets. This is sale time so I know that I should buy a set. I used to alternate my 2 sets but now i put the washed set back on as I dislike foldking fitted sheets!!!

Then I will probably take a nap withy Maggie, my cat! I go in the pull my pillow out and call her and she comes right in an lays down by me.

This is way tooooo long.

Take care and maybe i will do more tomorrow.

\Gentle Hugs

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Took my daughter to her doc appt yesterday and did some running around on base so today's a quiet day for me, except for the constuction noises upstairs.

I want to water my plants, shower/shampoo, make some jammy pants for myself, finish the box to send my friend (with MS) her jammy pants that I made her...and I need to do a load of laundry for myself.

I might roast a chicken for dinner tonight since it's so cold this morning that you can see your breath!!!

And Linda, no plants in the planters yet....they didn't have the kind I was looking for so we may go to the same store again, (different location) further away but with a better selection this weekend.

Hubby went to the lawyer's yesterday about the old house, we're officially being sued for 8,000 more EU....he seems to agree that these people are off their rocker so I'm still not going to worry about it.

And canned green beans Lacey???????? Yum, I remember how good those taste!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B

Oh and Anne Theresa, I have another favor to ask when you're feeling better. My old laptop broke and it has your wonderful recipe for cauliflower soup on it. I even bought the cauliflower all excited to make it then remembered the recipe is gone........sigh! Could you post it again for me?
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Tuesday To-Do List

It's another rough day for me. It doesn't look like I'll be doing much of anything. I do need to return a couple phone calls and it would likely do me some good to sit out on the porch for a few minutes so I'll make that - and getting dressed - my goals for today.

Given the way I feel, I'll probably cancel my Tuesday-night get-together with my friend but I'll wait a few hours before I decide for sure. Thank God, my friend is supportive & understanding and doesn't take it personally if/when I cancel even up to the last minute.

Better days ahead...

I make this in a large crock-pot and let the ingredients simmer for several hours but this recipe could be easily adapted to the stove-top or microwave.

1 large cauliflower
    3 potatoes
    2 cooking onions
    6 celery stalks
    1 tsp each of salt, pepper, chives, basil & other spices as desired
    2 vegetable bullion cubes
    2 cups skim milk
    1/4 cup becel margarine
    (or butter, or olive oil)
    1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 tbsp corn starch
    2 cups low-fat grated cheddar cheese

To boiling water (about 4 cups), dissolve bullion cubes and add chopped cauliflower, unpeeled potatoes, celery, onion, salt, pepper, basil & chives (and other spices, as desired).

When vegetables are well-cooked, mash to desired consistency.

On the stove top, melt becel then add milk. Stir in flour and corn starch until the mixture thickens.

Add mixture to crock-pot, and then stir in cheese until melted.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Until I'm on the other-side of this seemingly endless flare, I'm only going to focus on doing one thing a day, be it a task, errand or outing.

My mission for today is a manicure.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had an appointment yesterday, and stopped at grocery on the way home. Took off makeup, made a salad and crawled into bed to read and watch tv.

Debating whether or not to go with 19 y/o son and DH,to plastic surgeon's appointment. DS had major scarring inside lips, which have made his mouth 'crooked' since his accident. He says he doesn't want to do anything with his scars on face. It is his constant reminder of what caused his accident. Alcohol. His face is beautiful. It is up to him.

Linda! Happy Anniversary! I hope you were able to relax and celebrate the years spent together. Both good and not so good! LOL We will be married for 27 years in October.

Joan! I am familiar with Lake James. Spent many a day there as a teen! It is directly north from us. We bought on a chain that is NW. Close to Warsaw and N. Webster IN.
    Love living in lake country! What a small world!

Sue.. hope you are feeling much better! What did you do on your birthday???

Anne Theresa, take care. One minute at a time!

I will keep the 'week before' thread, for a week after starting new thread. Sound good?

Many hugs to all of you!

[This Message was Edited on 07/11/2007]
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks for the kind words, all. Linda, to answer your question, I don't have an appointment for the pain clinic yet. I'm on their waiting list. I'll keep you posted.

I had a massage therapy appointment scheduled for this afternoon but I canceled it yesterday (they need 24-hrs notice to cancel) anticipating (correctly) that I wouldn't feel up to leaving the house today.

Today's Mission is to shower, shampoo and get dressed. Also, make muffins.

Without trying to build an unrealistic to-do list, there are a few tasks I'd like to do to keep the household running; make bed, put dishes away, clean cat's area, swipe washroom, water plants, so I'll do what I can in those areas without getting side-tracked and over-do.

I have Pre-made meals in the freezer.
    That and salad-from-a-bag will do for our dinner.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone! Here it is Thursday already and I'm now just getting on here for the week. Earlier in the week I had some bad lower back pain and pain in my back of my left leg. One morning I could barely get out of bed, but I felt better once I started moving around. I'm doing better now.

On Tuesday of last week a reporter from our local newspaper and a photographer from the paper came and took some pictures of me for a story they are doing on FMS. The photographer took a couple pictures of me sitting in my chair in our livingroom, one of me looking like I am vacuumming (they wanted me to do something that is hard for me to do physically), and one of my husband looking like he is putting my scooter in our trunk with me standing by the car and watching). Fortunately, my husband got out of work early so he was able to be there. The reporter had already interviewed me several months earlier, although she had a few more questions for me.

The reporter said that story should be in the paper sometime in August. I'm not sure how many other people they interviewed-I guess a few.

Kim: Could you not erase the previous weeks' posts? Since I'm not on here on the weekends and not much during the week during the summer, I like to read the previous week's post to see what I have missed. I know you asked for people's opinions on this. Thanks.

Joan: I know what you mean. Changing the sheets is a dreaded chore for me, too. Lifting up the mattress is hard on my hands and arms.

Lacey: I have a vegetable garden and one thing I grow is green beans. My mother used to can them a lot, but I never had good luck. They would seal okay, but several weeks later, they would unseal for some reason. I don't have this trouble canning tomatoes. I've been freezing green beans now and that works out fine and is easier for me to do. I sit down while doing this as much as I can.

Anne Theresa: Sorry you are not doing well. Hope you are better soon. Take care.

Linda: So how are the temperatures where you live? I've been seeing all the fires out West on the news. It finally cooled off here in Michigan and it's been so nice being able to enjoy the outdoors again. My husband wants to see the movie "Retoutaille" (I'm sure I haven't spelled this right). It sounds like a cute movie about a mouse.

Today's to-do list:

-wash garage windows (done)
    -pick up pine cones (done)
    -pick up branches in the yard (done)
    -water gardens (done)
    -vacuum carpets upstairs (done)
    -shepherd's pie for dinner

-vacuum hard floors upstairs
    -sweep porch
    -wrap husband's birthday present (birthday is the 27th)
    -relax and read a magazine that came in the mail

As for the weekend, we plan to go to a festival in a small town near ours. We've been to the festival other years and it's a lot of fun. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

My father-in-law's birthday is Sunday so we will visit them and take over his present.

Take care, everyone, and have a good weekend.

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Kim, please don't delete the last week's posts....I like to catch up too if I miss something over the weekend.

Another reason not to is that just last week my laptop broke and I had to ask Anne Theresa to re-post a recipe for me since I no longer had my old hard drive. I hated to have to do this since she's feeling worse now but she was kind enough to re-post it for me.

Today's list is short...and hopeful.

Mop floors, make some more jammy pants and relax. My daughter may be coming today so that alone is exhausting.

I'm always more tired by the end of the week with the construction going on upstairs taking away any chance I get to nap.....

Nancy B
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Nancy and Ellen: I won't worry about deleting the posts! I am so happy that both of you, and Linda shared your opionions!

Cooler weather and nice outside, today. I would like to swiffer dust the front part of the house, do some laundry, and wipe down baths. I will get as much done as possible.

We are thinking about going to our cottage, tomorrow, and spending a few nights there. As long as the weather is nice.

I wish you all a relaxing weekend. Anne Theresa, I hope you are feeling better!

Hello Everyone..

Seems like the "to do" things just keep coming and coming..not enough hours in the day..and I've decided that if things don't get done..oh well..there's always tomorrow or the day after tomorrow!! Since we're getting ready to leave again next week for the vineyard, I have to concentrate on packing, etc, for the trip..ugggggg..and things here at home will just have to wait!

Kim..I, too, am one of those that likes to read the previous weeks posts..because I'm gone so much of the time from spring until after harvest in the fall, I like to catch-up on how everyone's doing..so, I would appreciate it, too, if you would not delete the previouse week(s) posts..thank you so much..infact, I didn't realize that you were deleting the posts..I thought I had lost my mind when I couldn't find the post for previouse weeks..LOL..

Sorry this post doesn't have my "to do" list, but I've got to scoot..

I wish you all well..I know the diseases we all have are rotten, but, hopefully, tomorrow will be the beginning of better days ahead for all of us..take care my friends..

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Spent most of yesterday sewing with my daughter, she came and spent the day with me, full of decorating projects to share. It was actually fun....

Today I'll probably sew another pair of jammy pants for her fiance, he's had jammy envy for months now, even changed into his Spongebob new jammy pants and they wore their matching set home last night!

The weather is finally getting hot today so not much else going on.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Jammy envy! Nancy, you made me laugh with that turn of phrase. I just love it!

The Physical Therapist came to my house yesterday to measure me for my new walker and to complete the relevant paper-work. The process is complete now and my new walker should be delivered to me on Monday or Tuesday. It's the new fangled kind, one that folds from side-to-side rather than front-to-back. It's black, with a nice seat and an attachment for my canes. I'm happy.

She (the PT) made a referral for someone to help with the planning/building/funding for a wheel-chair ramp up to the side door of my house. The wait list for this, she said is over two months so it will be a while before this projects get underway but I don't mind waiting.

Saturday To-Do List

My Mission for the day is to menu plan, make a grocery list, clean/organize fridge and shop for groceries.

Additionally, I'd like to

swiffer, spot-clean hardwood floors
    tidy bedroom
    put dishes away, clean kitchen cupboards
    dust & polish desk, dresser, coffee table, end-tables (I'll probably do the dusting over two days.)

Enjoy the weekend,
    Anne Theresa
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hope all of you are handling this summer heat...and flooding for some. What bizzare weather.

We must take yet another trip to Mt. Shasta to talk with our architect. We will be taking another load of stuff over to our storage shed there, so Jim is out arranging it now.

I must do some laundry...in progress.

Pack for a couple days.

Clean clutter.

Tonight we are going to dinner with dear friends. That I am looking forward to doing. We will play cards later.

Feeling cruddy. Don't know when I will ever feel good again, but going to go rest for a bit while hubby is gone. Then, maybe I will feel like doing some more.

So tired of life right now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Anne Theresa...you seem to be feeling a bit better today.Hope it continues. Kim, I hope the lake was a lot of fun and very relaxing.

Take care, each of you. You are special people.

The weather here in the bay area has been beautiful the last few days..nothing like what it's been at the vineyard.

KIM..best of luck with your appointments..I'm glad you're resting up as appointments can be draining!..it's still pretty hot at the vineyard..looks like we're in for a cooling off period next week..will only be in the 90s..anything is better than being 107!! My brain is on "pause"..again..I can't remember where you live, but, if my memory serves me right, you are having very hot weather, too.

Your son sounds like a wonderful young man who learned a lesson the hard way..I wish him well.

LACEY..my family loves string beans..would love to help you can..however, you'd have to teach me how, first!! What else do you can? Once we move to the vineyard, I would really like to learn how to can different things, but, it makes me a bit nervous because I'm afraid I would do something wrong and poison my family!

SUE..my youngest daughter just graduated from Chico State..she loved the town, but, oh my, hated the high temperatures..I'm so sorry that the high temps got to you..it can be nasty stuff..my daughter has moved back home for a short time until she decides where she wants to teach.

For about 13 years, while our children were growing up, my family enjoyed houseboating during the summer on Lake Shasta..its a beautiful lake.

LINDA..congratulations to you and your hubby on your 30th wedding anniversary! I don't know about you, but, it seems like just yesterday that my husband and I got married..and THAT was 41 years ago..I just don't know where the time has gone..and soooo quickly, too!

JOAN..changing sheets is such a chore! Even though I love the smell of fresh clean sheets, changing them is not one of my favorite things to do..I rank that right up there with cleaning the bathroom!!

NANCY..I don't know where you live, but, "cold" weather is sounding pretty good to me right about now...and between Lacey's string beans and your chicken, I'm getting hungry!

ANNETHERESA..I can hardly wait to make your cauliflower soup..it sounds wonderful..throw in a salad and some bread and what a great dinner!

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well..take care.

ELLEN..will your story be on the front page of your newspaper?..I sure hope so..the public needs to be made more aware of our diseases. Glad to hear that your feeling better, also.

My "to-do" list will consist of working in the vineyard this coming week..everything else will be put on hold here at the house until we return.

Take care and hope everyone will be feeling better this next week.

18. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I also can all of my tomatoes, juice and whole tomatoes for soups and chili in the winter time...I make pickles, freeze cream style corn, make strawberry jelly(I raise my own strawberries) and blackberry when we have them.
    I am a country girl and have a fear of not being able to feed my family in hard times, we learn early to prepare and save for the bad times.

Well...mooooove on over girl..I'm coming to your house!! My mom was a country girl, too, and learned to do all that at an early age..she was raised by an Aunt who owned a boarding house, and that's how mom became such a wonderful cook, along with learning how to grow a garden and can fruits and vegetables..unfortunately for me, I never had the time nor the interest to learn how to do all that stuff..but now, I have the time and I'm quite interested in learning all I can about growing things. I envy you and everyone else who cans their fruits and veggies..hopefully, one of these days, I will be able to join your "canning" club!