What Is On Your To Do List? 8/6 thru 8/13

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a nice, even if it was uneventful, weekend!

Had my mom's birthday party, at our home, on Saturday. It was very nice. My mom is a wonderful woman and so appreciative.

We met with DD, and her fiance, last Friday with their caterer. The food was great. They let us sample enough food for eight people. Really helped Weight Watchers program! LOL

Yesterday was rest. Today will be the same, with some light cleaning. With two doctor's appointments, this week, I'm trying to find balance, until my body regains some of it's strength back after surgery.

Everyone, have a good day. It's very hot and humid in Indiana. Don't overdue!

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2007]
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Happy belated BD to your mom...and lucky you to get to eat wonderful food. Glad you're taking it easy today. Hope the appointments go well.

Just had the sutures removed from my dental implant...everything looks good. In a couple month, I will have a new tooth in my gaping hole. Not so gaping anymore with the implant in the space.

Do laundry.

Mail some letters

Organize office and pack some stuff.

Our moving will be next Feb. or so. Doing anything that involves the building industry is so frustatingly slow and even when pushing, the turtles just draw into their shells and go slower. So irratating.

Foggy and cool here today. Very bleak.

But, it's not hot and humid...very thankful for that.

Have a good Monday, folks.

3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Kim, I remember planning my son's wedding, stressful time, but I really enjoyed it. Fast forward 7 years...he moved back home. Oh well.

Glad you had a good time with your Mom, I hope my kids will say such nice things about me one day.

Canned some more tomatoes today and managed to organize my closet.

I'm gonna try to rest some this week, have to move my baby back to school and that is really tearing me up. she is my sunshine...guess you have to turn loose of them.

Hope to get some heavy cleaning done later this week, but I'm not going to push it...it's goning to be really hot and humid here, so I guess most of what I get done will be inside.

Have a good week everyone...lacey
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just noticed the dates on the thread! (-:

Maybe you ought to edit them a bit...!

The heat getting to you? Or is it Marti and Tini?

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sweetie and I went to see the Simpson's Movie yesterday. It was good, funny, typical Simpsons.

I have a doctor's appointment set for this afternoon - no biggie just a medication renewal - then, early this evening, I'll go for my weekly romp at the mall with my friend.

Wishing everyone a good day,

God bless,
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, All:

Kim: I got confused by the dates on this post, too, but that's okay. Darn brain fog. I guess we just have to laugh about it sometimes.

Lacey: I just picked my first tomato from our garden. My girlfriend, who lives a little further south, gave me a couple tomatoes from her garden, so we will have tomatoes with our dinner tonight.

Sue: My husband had a dental implant done last year. As you know, it was more expensive (our insurance didn't cover most of it), but he's glad he went with it versus the bridge.

Linda: We saw the Simpson's movie last week. I've never been a Simpson's fan, but I have to admit that it was a cute movie. Yes, I'm getting myself geared up to start work next week. It helps that I like my job, but I can't stop listening to the voice that always asks "will the FMS allow me to work another year?" Thankfully I am doing better and I try not to worry about it. I am grateful it's a part-time job and so far it's worked out pretty well. The first part of the school year is extra busy and harder on me physically, but then it calms down. I keep telling myself what will be will be.

Nancy: How is the construction going at the neighbor's? I hope it's over soon for the sake of your sanity. I hope your daughter and her new husband are doing okay.

We have been having quite a bit of rain here the past week in Michigan and things have really greened up again. My garden is really producing a lot. It's nice to see green grass again. We had quite a thunderstorm last night and earlier today.

To-do list:

-ironing (done)
    -fix dinner (done)
    -pool therapy class (done)
    -go out for lunch with my husband (done)
    -the rest of the day have more relaxation time

Tomorrow's list:

-pick up my brother, Jim and take him and his camera to the
    camera shop and have it looked at
    -have lunch with Jim
    -Jim is helping me get groceries (I will drop him off at
    the Hope Center afterward and then head home)
    -not sure what else the day will bring

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are so right Ellen about our foggy brains! No Susie, unfortunately I haven't seen Marti and Tini for awhile! LOL At least I would have an excuse! LOL LOL

I've been to a doctor's appointment and to the vet, for my cat Biddie.

She's been hiding from us and wanting to keep to herself. The vet could not find anything wrong, but she did have tons of ear wax. They gave her a tad of cortisone, and ear medication. The vet said it was unusual for a cat to hide due to something this minor. What do all of you cat lover's think?

I am done for the day. DD is coming over tonight and try to finish up her wedding announcements. You are right Lacey, I do enjoy this...until we disagree! LOL I can remember sending our daughter back to college, enough that I have tears in my eyes at this moment. Please take care.

Sue.. cannot imagine having to pack and deal with builders and contractors. If I have any sanity left, it would be gone after doing so! Hope your tooth is doing well. Get some rest..

Linda.. You know how they have the sales, "Christmas in July"? I'm having "July in August" loss of sanity! LOL As usual you have been very busy! Are you having this extreme heat and humidity? Keep cool baby! LOL

Anne Theresa.. I've wanted to see the Simpson's Movie. I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy it!

Hopefully, will try and get some more cleaning done tomorrow.. Just have to wait and see!

Everyone keep cool, and do watch you need to do for you!

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Monday was 90 degrees here although you wouldn't know it at my house with the wonderful breezes....

But yesterday it was only 65, rainy and a bit foggy so I didn't get much done. Today's weather looks like a repeat of yesterday's.

The construction noises should be finishing up today, finally. I tried to nap yesterday but they were still finishing up a few things and no matter what, I can't sleep through them hammering.

I was feeling so great on Sat, Sun and Monday that I got so many little things done that this week I'm free to do what I want, or don't want to do.

My daughter's doing well, her and her hubby seem really happy together.

I got my supps, but only by having hubby order and have PH FedX them to his hotel in the states. Still not sure why they had an order then turned around and cancelled it twice. I need my supps!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hey, the sun's coming out. Amazing.

Shower, clean up self and house

Take a walk

Myofascial release therapy at 2:30 this PM

Water plants

Read a book. Need to engage my mind somehow.

My best to each of you today. Take good care of yourselves.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have no appointments, outings or errands planned for today. I'm happy to stay home, putter around the house, read and rest.

I'm beginning to understand the value of rest, not just the need for eight hour's sleep or the practice of taking small breaks between tasks, but the ability to come to a complete stop several times during the day, so my body can completely relax and my mind can drift undirected, as in sleep.

It can be a challenge to reach this state of relaxation, particularly while in pain or feeling ill, but it's worth the attempt because the attempt itself has some direct benefit.

Wishing everyone a good and restful day,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Folded RSVP cards and wrote names on the inside envelopes today. I was able to even stuff some of them. Hopefully this will help DD finish up.

DD realized, last night, that she had used the inside envelope to address, rather than the larger one. Her printer can have more envelopes by tomorrow. Hopefully, they will be sent out by Saturday.

Wiped down surfaces and swiffered today. Time to rest!

Hope you are able to do the same..

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Although it's still rainy and cold here, my daughter is coming over and we'll go shopping at our PX this morning.

I have a doc appt at 1:00 this afternoon for meds, new doc didn't give me enough last time so appts are more often now.

We'll stop at the commissary on another base so she can pick up a few things.

And hopefully, I'll still be able to make dinner tonight so when her hubby picks her up after work we can all share a meal together. Something simple like home made pizzas.

My hubby hasn't seen her since she got married since he was gone in the states the week she got home from her trip. A bit confusing but everyone's home now and tonight we'll all get together.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm sorry for the pain going around here. It seems like everyone is having difficulty now. I wonder why?

Lindy...dentists! Aren't they just great? I'm pretty tired of dental work right now. Glad you got some things done before so you can rest and recoup this afternoon.

Nancy...nothing about homemade pizza sounds simple to me right now! (-: I admire your stamina.

Kim, Ellen, Anne Theresa...feel better, OK? Take it easy. Glad you get to stay home today, AT...

Went to Costco...needed some food. Actually got out of there for under a hundred dollars. Wow!

Make bed

Do some dusting

I don't know. Finish my book.

Tomorrow I have a fasting lab to do...no food after tonight at dinner. Doctor's appointment next week. Hope I lose a few more pounds before I see him again.

Myofascial massage is wonderful for those who haven't tried it. Works out all the bunched up fascia and makes your feel taller and lighter. Interesting.

Also have done 2 sessions of Pilates...don't know how I like it yet. Stretching and using muscles I didn't even know I had. (-: Anyone else tried this?

Take care, each one. You are special and worthy of special care!

Sorry I haven't been posting..the past few weeks have been horrible..my family is falling apart due to my sister and her husband getting a divorce..it has turned very nasty. Everyone in the family has been calling me because of "he said..she said"..and finally I just blew..told everyone that I could no longer handle the stress of all the calls, and that I want to stay out of it..besides, it isn't my divorce!! So, being the "mother hen" that I am, I gathered up my nephew, my 3 kids, and my mom, and told them that we have to move on..the courts will handle this mess..

Besides all of this, the past year has been very stressful for DH and I due to finances..we thought we were going to lose everything, but, just recently, we were blessed, and were able to get our finaces straightened out..it's called getting paid! Being farmers isn't easy!!

So..while all this was going on, my sewer line backed up and my frig went out!!! Not sure what else can happen, but I'm bracing myself!!

I'm so sorry for venting..but, I feel so much better knowing that you all are my friends and will understand..thank you again..

As for my "to do" list..I plan on doing NOTHING for a few days..except to pull myself together physically and emotionally and to try and catch up on reading past "to do" lists!!

Hope everyone is feeling better..don't over-do it..take care..

15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Sorry for all the trouble you've been having....

Yesterday was exhausting...3 1/2 hours shopping and getting my hair done, my appt on another base, commissary shopping (had forgotten to eat from 10:30 until 2:00 so my blood sugar was way low so I forgot everything I needed to buy) then on to rushing back to the clinic for her appt, my meds...home then cooking the pizzas...which were really good btw!

Then I slept for 10 hours last night which sounds good but isn't good for my blood sugar problems so I started my day with an episode of weakness, numbness and dizzyness, but couldn't eat due to my thyroid pill.

So for today.....I'm off with nothing but piddling around the house planned. Whew........

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2007]
  16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

Kim: I can't imagine why your cat would be hiding, but as we cat owners know, they can be strange creatures sometimes. I'm glad nothing was seriously wrong, though. I remember how stressful and busy my own wedding was and I had a small wedding. Has it really been eight years ago already? I'm thinking your daughter's wedding is this fall-September or October?

Linda: Yes, Michigan is nice and green right now-not usual for August, but I love the green grass. It's been the usual hot and humid for August, though.

Nancy: Will those builders ever be done? I'm sure you're thinking the same thing! Hopefully it will be over soon! Is the cold weather normal for Germany? When I was in Austria, their seasons where like ours in Michigan.

JB: I'm so sorry things have been so hard for you. When it rains, it pours! My therapist told me years ago that I was the rock in the family, the one people leaned on. Not always a good thing-especially when you are sick yourself. Take care and vent here anytime you need to.

Well, I've been a good girl and done a lot of housework this morning so this afternoon I plan to have more relaxation time. The small town I live in is having their summer sidewalk sales so I will go to those. Unfortunately, I can't manage my scooter by myself, so I will have to limit my walking at the sales so I don't overdue. Walking slowly helps to conserve energy and I will have to limit my time. I don't really have anything I need to shop for anyway, but just like to browse.

Next Wednesday I go back to work so I won't be back here again until then. Starting then, I will on here everyday again (except weekends), which will be nice. I am getting myself geared up for another school year. They have changed the schedule this year and the students will be coming back the week of August 20 instead of the 27th. But I think I am ready to get back in the swing of things, but the beginning of the school year is always rough on me.

To-do list for today:

-wash bedding (almost done)
    -put clean sheets on beds (done)
    -put laundry washed last night away (done)
    -put dishes washed last night away (done)
    -macaroni and cheese for dinner

-go to a party at my sister-in-law's
    -pay bills
    -vacuum out car
    -pick veggies in garden
    -not sure what else

Have a good weekend everyone and I'll talk to you next Wednesday!

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Enjoy your last week of vacation. We will look forward to your return next week.

I was interested in your husband's dental implant. My husband has had two, and he loves them. Our insurance doesn't pay for them, either, but I think this is the wave of the future. The main reason I did this was because of advice from a dentist friend and not wanting to ruin the perfectly good tooth in front of the space. How long has your husband had one?

Had blood drawn

Clean the bathrooms

Take a walk

Cook dinner

Have a good weekend, friends.

18. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

No, this weather is NOT normal at all. We haven't really had a summer yet and it's kind of scary.

We didn't really get winter either last year, although it snowed twice, I only needed gloves one time the entire season. And I had flowers that stayed in bloom all year last year.

Today hubby and I might go do some shopping. Just anything to get out of the house and the rainy foggy weather.

Hugs all,

Nancy B