What Is On Your To Do List? May 11 thru May17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, May 11, 2009.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I hope all mother's had a good day, yesterday! Our's was low key, and very nice. Of couse with a new grandchild, it was even more special!

Sorry I did not respond last week. My CFS has come to visit and I am flat wiped out. My favorite is not only the exhaustion, BUT, the lovely swollen glands I 'sport'... Made me look like I had no jawline in pix, yesterday. Very attractive.

Today I have a med review. I'm not doing anything to my hair, nor am I putting on anything but mascara. Too much trouble!

Look forward to hearing from you all!!

Hugs, Kim
  2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Hi! Makeup? What's that? I think I have some in the closet somewhere. LOL

Cute hats hide all bad hair days. :)

Congrats on the new grandbaby! We had a new baby at our gathering, too (my niece), & a first time mommy.

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello Kim & Pippi and those who follow.

Kim, I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Mine was nice too.
    I'm sorry your CFS is back with such a vengeance. I hope you get some relief soon. As for make-up etc. I never wear make-up when I see my doctor. I figure he is the one person who needs to see the real me, rather than the rouge-coloured version I present to the world each day.

You're right, Pippi, a cute hat does go a long way to hide a bad hair day :)

To-Do Today

put away laundry
    make bed
    swish washroom
    empty wastebaskets
    make dinner (?)

God bless,
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I hate to be the downer in the group, but Mother's Day and a lot of these holidays can be kind of hard for me. I took some flowers out to the cemetary for my mother. Every year it gets a little easier, but I don't think I will ever stop missing my parents. Mom died in 2002 when I was 43 and dad died in 1998 when I was 39. I was very close to them. My sister has always been very jealous of me for some strange reason when I just wanted to be friends with her. I was the executor of the estate and she did everything she could to make settling the estate a living hell for me. Even when mom was alive and not doing well physically and mentally, she stole money from mom and she stole money from my brother, Jim as well after mom died. Long story.

For some strange reason the whole family sided with her and now they all get together on the holidays and I am not included. Not that I want to be with these kinds of people, but I am sad that I no longer have a family to be with on holidays. I am thankful that I am married and have my husband's family, but it isn't the same as your own family. Since that time, my older brother and I have reconciled, which is good, but I still don't have a family. Christmas is especially difficult. My mother always made a big deal out of Christmas and my family used to have so much fun during this time. It just isn't the same any more. I really don't want to see the people who have hurt me so much, but somehow I wish I could pick out new family members.

I do wish I could see my great-niece and great-nephews. For years I agonized that they were growing up not even knowing that I existed and I didn't even know what they looked like. The last time I had see my great-niece she was two-too young to remember me and one of my great-nephews was just a baby. The others were born after I no longer was in the family.

Last Christmas I finally decided that I had a right to make myself known to these children and I found out my nephews address and sent his two boys christmas presents and a letter introducing myself and put in a picture of myself and my husband. They are 7 and 5 now.

I knew my niece's address and sent my great-niece and nephew presents, a letter and another picture. I was afraid that my nephew and niece would throw away the presents, but they didn't. They let the children have them and my niece even sent me a note thanking me for them. And she had the children sign their names at the bottom of the note. I have saved it as it is very precious to me. These children are 10 and 7 now and live in the same town I work in. I've driven by their house.

So now I am sending the children cards for the holidays and their birthdays. I just didn't want them growing up not knowing I existed and then maybe later finding out about me and thinking that maybe I didn't care about them.

I'm not sure why I've told you all this. I guess Mother's Day makes me feel a little emotional and reading over your posts made me a little emotional, too.

Including today, I have four more days to work! I still need to meet with Chris from the Computer Center. We were supposed to meet yesterday, but she e-mailed me that she was out sick. Yesterday I was busy, but I'm not sure what I will do today. I guess I should clean out the fridge in the lounge. People always leave food that has now spoiled. Fun job.

Well, next time I will try to write a cheerier post. Take care everyone.

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.......

Ellen, I really feel for you about the holidays and family mess. I sincerely can understand how you feel.

Mother's Day was a bust for me too, since I miss my Mom so much and only seem to fall apart on Mother's Day. Think about it, I have one child in a mental hospital and I haven't spoken to my son in over 5 months. Doesn't speak well for a Mom who loves as much as I do and has tried as hard as I have......

Told hubby to just get us a weekend's stay in a castle for next year and get me out of here!!!!!!!!!! (I've always wanted to do this)

Other than that, we had a wonderful long weekend together and I'm almost embarrassed to say how much we enjoyed it, just spending the time together alone....

We had some very deep conversations since we're facing so much on our plates right now and it was so good to just be able to talk about things that are so important to us without interruptions or focusing on Katy.

We even discussed the possibility of my having pancreatic cancer since it seems to be the only reason I can find to have the new disease that I have....we'll see. So hard to find information, I've even called a nurse advice hotline and they couldn't find anything either.

Of course, shopping was a big part of our weekend and I found out that at my favorite store, I'm already in their smallest size and will need to shop in the children's section next. I've checked online already and at the teen shops I'm either a 0 or a 00....but the fashions don't quite suit me.....very depressing.

Today I spent 2 hours at TriCare speaking with the lady about Katy and trying to find some information on how to better help her next. I think we need to research disability and possibly a group home for her. Ellen, any advise on this?

Grocery shopped as well today but I'm too tired to finish bringing up the items from the car.

Tomorrow I plan to stay in and cuddle up....the house is so relaxing but only for a short time.

Hugs all,

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Yesterday's post was a day late, but I'm glad I copied it so I could paste it in. Didn't want to lose it and it seemed like they were having problems with the site.

Today should be a day of rest for me. I plan to make hubby another loaf of gluten free bread and just curl up a bit.

Hugs all,

7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Good morning!

Hello and welcome to Pippi.

Kim-Sorry to hear you are having a flair. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day with your new grandbaby!

Anne Theresa-It is nice to hear you had a good Mother's Day. I didn't know Canada celebrated the same day we do.

Ellen-(((hugs))) I really simpathize with you. I have experienced similar with my family (my sisters, Mom and such). It is very hurtful being an outsider, although sometimes that is the best place for you to be. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Nancy-(((hugs))) I am very sorry to hear about your son:( I didn't know you hadn't spoken to him in a long time. It is great to hear about your weekend with hubby. How nice for you both. How did you lose this weight? I lost a bunch of weight a while back and it was so difficult. I was in size 2 and I'm tall so it doesn't look right. I added protein smoothies and tried everything. It came back slowly and took almost a year. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm not helping by saying that. I hope you can feel well again and certainly hope it is not cancer! Many hugs.

My hubby and I are less stressed. I noticed a few days ago that we are much improved since my FIL passed away. We have a busy week ahead with evening events for the next 3 nights. I will need to rest during the day to get through it.

I have a doctor appointment next week to go over my meds.

My son turned 7 on Mother's Day! He is so big. He is 4' 2" and 3/4 Wow! I think we may have turned a corner with the behavior issues. He is doing well and I'm crossing my fingers.

To do:

Clean house- we are hosting the cub scouts mtg tonight

Social Story- we are going to the Padres (baseball) game Friday night. It is a strech for my son but I hope we can enjoy it.

E-mail my Mom to see if we can stop by for a visit on Saturday since we will be in her area

Wash and style hair

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Molly, I lost this weight continually without trying since last June or July. I now have a new disease Pancreatic Enzyme Deficiency so that means I'm not getting any nutrients from food, or suffering from malabsorption. But....since I don't have Pancreatitis or Cystic Fibrosis, it's usually caused by a tumor in the pancreas blocking the ducts. That's all the information I can find. I just don't fit in the usual box on this one.

Hubby and I went out to dinner last night at one of our favorite nearby places (we're really enjoying ourselves) and my doctor was there eating too. So I interrupted his evening for a bit, but he told me I can stop by today or tomorrow and he'll put in a consult for a CT scan for me to check for the cancer. This is a huge relief for me since my appt isn't until the 26th of May.

Doctors won't usually do this until they've read the report from the German docs so I do appreciate this.

Today is my facial appt at the mall. We're pretty broke this payday, I figured out we've spent about $1000.00 on medications this month with Katy's Tricare problem and my new meds.....and I'm not sure I can afford this but it's so relaxing that I'm going to do it anyway.

I also need a few more tops so I'll look at the mall while I'm there.

Top priority is also stopping by the clinic to set up the CT scan.

Hugs all,

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day of work. So far I've managed to stay fairly busy. I think Cathie in Art Dept. might have a project for me today. Writing down a list of all the chemicals they use in their dept. It doesn't sound like much fun, but this environmental agency is requiring it. I still have a few more notes to write out on how to do the class evaluations which shouldn't take long and then that will be done. Then come December when I have to do evaluations again, my notes should help me remember how to do it.

I'm really feeling bad for Harry. We're thankful he has a job when so many people here do not, but his work schedule has been changed to some really crummy hours. He is working nights now. Sometimes he gets up at midnight, sometimes at 4:30 a.m., sometimes at 2:00 a.m., etc. I know he's not getting the rest he should and I worry about him getting sleepy behind the wheel (he's a truck driver). He told me he does allow extra time in his schedule that if he should get sleepy, he will pull over and take a 20 minute nap. But I wonder if that is really enough. But for now we don't have any choice. He was told that if he didn't work nights, there would be a lot less work. And some people at his company have already been layed off.
    Harry has signed up for work driving into Canada so hopefully those hours will be better. He is taking Monday and Tuesday off next week to get his application done so he can drive there. Plus, he needs to have another physical-something all drivers have to have done on a regular basis. And with me working, we hardly see eachother. At least that will change soon.

Nancy: It made me so sad to read your post about Mother's Day and your situation with your children. Why haven't you spoken to your son in five months? Did the two of you have a fight? I remember when your father and he came to visit everything seemed fine then. Maybe it's a blessing I didn't have children. They can cause so much heartache.

As for the group homes, things may be different in Germany, but here's how I got my info. In the town I work in, there is an agency called the Community Mental Health Agency. I'm sure other places have similar agencies. I went there and spoke to Jim's caseworker and got a list of the group homes in my county. I was on my own when it came to contacting the homes and scheduling times to go there and talk to the people who ran them. To be honest, many of the homes that I drove by, I took one look and immediately knew I didn't want Jim there. Very rundown on the outside so I figured they probably were just as bad on the inside. And the really nice homes were way too expensive. Not too much in between.

But I did manage to find a few, but unfortunately they were not close to my home, but that's what I had to go with. On the list, it said how many people lived in the home, whether it was just for men, just for women, or for both. It gave the cost, whether or not Medicaid would cover it or if it said private then I knew Medicaid wouldn't cover the cost. Also, it would say whether or not they had an opening or not. With the high demand for group homes and there not being very many group homes here, not many said they had an opening. It was tough going.

Of course I don't know what it's like in Germany. Hopefully the situation is better than in the U.S. Most of the time you have to share a bedroom. The group home Jim is in now is 45 minutes from my home and Jim shares his room with another man, John, who is very nice. Jim is expected to make his bed and keep his room straightened up, which is no problem because Jim would do that anyway. The women who work there are very nice and I get along well with them. I think they should get paid more for all they have to do and working with mentally ill people is very stressful (as you and I know!). I was very fortunate to have found this home.

If you can think of any other questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Also, I certainly hope you don't have cancer! I will be anxious to hear the results of your test.

Molly: I am so glad that Liam is doing better behavior-wise. And I'm glad that you and your husband are feeling better. It's sad that it's because your FIL is now gone, but it is one less thing on your plate.

To-do list:

-dust basement
    -do load of laundry
    -water therapy class
    -drop off Jim's coats to be dry cleaned (done)
    -get garbage ready

Talk to you tomorrow!

10. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Thursday mornings I voluteer in my son's classroom. His behavior has been worse there since late last week! Mainly in the playground. He is trying to be funny but is hurting the other kids. He thinks if it is funny to him then they must think it is funny. Oy! The in-home behaviorist told me it is common that when you turn the corner in one area another gets worse but that it should all get better soon. I sure hope so.

I cannot believe summer is almost here. Summer is really tough for kids on the autism spectrum. There is no routine. I have four weeks of camp set up throughout the summer. We plan to do the library reading program again. I still would like to look into swimming lessons.

Our in-home behaviorist works at my son's school so I just found out that they are putting on a social skills group this summer. It just got approval. She would like for my son to be in it and thinks he really needs it. She is going to try to find out how it is funded and how I can get my son on the list. This would be a daily class from 1-3 with kids from his own school. This would be great! He really wants to be friends but does not know how to go about it.

Nancy-The weight loss sounds concerning. I am so glad you ran into your dr and got that scan moved up.

Ellen-Congrats on it almost being your last day! Are you looking forward to summer? Hopefully your husband will get better hours in the near future.

To do this afternoon:

go to the grocery store and Target

fold laundry

make large salad for staff appreciation lunch at son's school

make early dinner-dh and ds are going to a magic show at his school tonight. I will rest:)

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009]
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, thanks for the information on group homes. She's going to need one and it will be in the states (hopefully). Having this time to ourselves has taught us that it's just too hard on everyone here and it's having an effect on both of us health wise. Yes, we needed this break, but we need more than that too.

Getting her disability and Medicaid should be our first steps.....

Molly bless you....so much stress and so much to do even though you are ill yourself. I'm so glad you have someone to help you, even sometimes.....

Hubby took the day off work so we can try to enjoy our last long weekend without all of the stress we've lived with before. We'll probably go pick up my passport, shop a bit and eat out.

My good news is I finally got new bras, even have a black one now to go with dark tops. It's been forever since I've had more than one at a time and my last one has been too big for months now. I found my size and it's not even a training bra so I'm very happy about this.

My CT scan is on Monday but I don't know how long it will take to get results...but my doc did say it's possible to have the Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency without having Pancreatic Cancer.....I hope so!

Anne Theresa, I hope we hear from you soon. Hope you're feeling ok.

Hugs all,

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'm just coming out of a 3-day episode of fatigue - the worse I've had in a while. Wednesday, I stayed in my p.j.'s all day, too tired to even feed myself, yesterday I managed to get dressed at least and make some soup and today I managed to take a shower & do a bit of housework.

I'm going to read & rest this afternoon, then tomorrow morning my eldest is picking sweetie & I up and whisking us away for our weekend of dinner/theatre etc. I can't wait to see my boys; thank God the fatigue has lifted enough that I'll be able to enjoy the weekend.

I hope you're feeling better Kim and that your CFS symptoms have eased up. I have FMS rather that CFS but, as mentioned above, I suffer some wicked episodes of fatigue and so I can relate somewhat with what you go through.

Ellen, I hope your last days of school were enjoyable and that your time off is something you can look forward to, in spite of unsettling financial times. I trust we'll still be 'seeing' you via the library computer system. I hope you know you're not alone with your mixed feelings about the holidays. My own family of origin is broken & I miss my parents who have passed away. As much as possible, sweetie and I prefer quiet holidays at home. It's much easier that way.

Nancy, a weekend's stay in a castle sounds like a wonderful approach to Mother's Day (or any holiday for that matter). I'm glad you managed to have your CT scan moved to Monday and I hope it doesn't take too long for the results. It's good to know from your doctor that it's possible to have the Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency without having Pancreatic Cancer - of course, I hope & pray that's the case. It seems you & your DH have been making some heartfelt decisions with regard to Katy's long-term care. I will say a prayer that you find an ideal home for Katy, somewhere she can live and grow to her potential.

Molly, it's nice you're feeling optimistic about Liam's progress and that you and your DH are feeling less stressed. I hope your able to enroll Liam in the summer program. It sounds like a good program and will help provide some structure & routine to those summer days. Enjoy the ballgame tonight.

Pippi & others who haven't posted in a while, enjoy the upcoming weekend,

God bless,