What Is On Your 'To Do' List? May 4 thru May 10

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, May 4, 2009.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good afternoon! I hope you all have gotten rest, feeling better, and/or had a good weekend. As always you are all in my thoughts.

Trying to motivate and get ready to pick up some groceries and go to the library. I am ready to read... sometimes I can concentrate, other time's, I can't. Think I can do that right now! LOL

My daugther and my grandson had Saturday all by ourselves! Elizabeth and Sam came to our home. We took a short walk, went to my mom's, DD acutally left us in charge so she could go to Target! It was a beautiful day and a very special one.

Met friends at a coffee house yesterday and was able to cruise in my convertible. It has been a long time with this lon....g winter. It was a good day.

DH knee has been bothering him and he FINALLY got sick of my 'nagging' him and went to doctor. Had an MRI which showed torn area's, cyst, etc. He wil be seeing orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I am hoping anything that might be done is microscopic.

My list today, contains the shopping and library. Been busy and a tad tired. It is too beautiful to stay in today...

Look forward to hearing from you all!

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, Kim, thanks for getting our thread started. It's hard to believe we're into May already - but wonderful because it brings me all the closer to seeing my children for our planned weekend of dinner theatre & shopping.

Kim, I'm the same way with reading - sometimes I can concentrate ( then I take advantage and devour books ) and other times I can't focus enough to get through a paragraph ( that's when I'm happy to watch TV or rent movies). Cruising in your convertible sounds like great fun :) I hope you DH's appointment goes well tomorrow and that a microscopic treatment is available & effective.

The weather is gorgeous. I'm meeting my niece today and we're going to the movies and the mall. I haven't seen her since Jan. so it will be nice to spend some time together. Beyond that I have a few small things to do:

- put laundry away
    - swish washroom
    - clean kitchen
    - tidy living-room

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I had a good weekend in spite of a pain spike. Spent Sunday with the whole family celebrating Pops' birthday.
    I treasure the time I get to spend w/the parents & 5 brothers. Lotsa love there!!! :)
    This weekend was the culmination of an annual, massive 2 week long festival in my city & I got to enjoy some of it.

In spite of everything, sometimes life still rocks!
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Kim, thanks for getting the thread started again for us this week. It's great to see you posting more often too. Glad your hubby listened to you (finally) and is getting the treatment he needs for his knee.

Anne Theresa, great to see you posting as well. I know that you changed your medication which may be helping with your weight loss, but has it affected your health too? You certainly deserve a break and some sunny weather too.

Hubby's home now and it's so wonderful to see him again. It's also great to have his help with the pets again. Every little thing he does is one less thing for me, but I'm having some trouble adjusting from the stress of being by myself with Katy in the hospital and him being home.

I was ultra 'on it' while he was gone, now I need to find that middle ground again.....and we're trying to enjoy our quiet moments together knowing that she's in the hospital and someone else is taking care of her for now.

Hubby's going to do the fruit/vegetable run at the commissary for me today so I'm going to take a bit of a 'me' day and sew some jammies today, shower and just try to relax. I need this to recharge my batteries for whatever is ahead of us.

Hugs all,

PS, Welcome to the new poster, hope you continue to come back!
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all- we have the granddaughters today and tomorrow, as my daughter and SIL are having a little getaway. So wish me luck- and that the baby will take a nap! She's a real Mommy's girl.

Nancy- glad your hubby is home and can help out. I hope you had a nice recharge day.

Anne Theresa- when is your weekend with the kids coming up? I'm thinking in June? I hope it is all that you hope for and that you all have a wonderful time.

Welcome Pippi! Cute name!

I will be gone for about five days starting Saturday....I'm going to visit my folks in Iowa. My dad has recently been moved to a nursing/rehab center because of diabetic complications. He can no longer walk at all, but he is getting some PT while he is there, which may be for two months or more. He's really depressed, so that's a big reason I'm going. My mom remains at their assisted living, so I'll stay with her there. She will like the company.

Take care all!
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I've been extra busy lately, but decided I had better get on here today and see how you girls were doing. I still don't have my hearing aid yet! I went on Friday and my hearing doctor's office goofed up and forgot to schedule an appt. on the same day with the audiology office as they are the ones who do the hearing aids. They weren't able to see me on Friday so they scheduled me for Monday. Then when I got home, there was a message from the audiology office saying I needed to pay them $500.00 before they would program my hearing aid!
    Of course their office was closed by then so I had all weekend to be upset about it.

I called on Monday and after calling their office, they were surprised I didn't already know about this. One kind lady in the billing office at first said my balance was zero, then said if I do in fact owe this, then asked me about making payments. I said that at this point I don't have any choice but to pay it as I had already called my insurance company and they don't pay dispensing fees. Then I had happened to mention to her that I don't work year 'round and work part-time and she thinks I might qualify for a reduction in the $500.00 as my husband and I don't make a lot of money. She's sending me a form to fill out. So that makes me feel better.

But I can't believe the way they do business! Before I had the surgery, they checked with my insurance company to see if the surgery would be covered and it was. The only thing I had to pay was my deductible of $250.00.

At Harry's job they just started laying off truck drivers last week. Then I had attended that meeting that the president called last week and the news wasn't good. The college isn't in the best shape financially. The president wants to take immediate action over the summer to cut our expenses and he gave ideas like laying off people, cutting hours, cutting depts., etc.

And yes, I actually have some good news. I learned the new computer program at work so I can do this final project I have to do before I can leave for the summer. I was worried about learning it, but it really isn't that hard.

Kim: It's a good thing your husband went into the doctor since he needs surgery on it. You don't want to put those things off forever.

Anne Theresa: I have concentration problems, too. That's nice that your kids are coming for a visit. I'm sure they are looking forward to it, too.

Pippi: Welcome to our little group, here.

Nancy: It's nice that you and your husband can finally have some couple time. Now if you can just relax and enjoy it, but I suppose it's hard to when you are worrying about Katy and wondering how she is doing.

Terri: Good luck with the babysitting! Sounds like you will have your hands full! I'm sorry your father is depressed and not doing well. It sounds like you could be in for a stressful visit, but at least your mother is doing better.

Well, I had better get back to work. Eight more days left after today!

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Pippi & Welcome to the thread! I'm glad your able to enjoy your family & participate in local festivals in spite of this illness. I agree with your philosophy - sometimes life does still rock!

Nancy, to answer your question, yes the new medication has been helpful. In particular, I've seen a reduction in my neck pain & headaches, as well as an over-all feeling of wellness. The side-effects are troublesome (nausea & fatigue) but so far, the benefits outweigh the unpleasantness. It's nice you get some quiet time with your hubby, enjoy!

Terri, to answer your question, my children and I are meeting at an indoor resort the weekend of May 15th. It's perfectly located between our cities so that we all have to travel the same distance. I'm really looking forward. I hope the time with your parents is as enjoyable as it can be under the circumstances. I hope your dad's spirits pick up, depression can be so difficult.

Ellen, I hope all or part of the fee for your hearing aid is waived. You're right - it is a terrible way to do business. It bothers me when things are not up front from the beginning. Everywhere I look there are tough times with lay-offs and cost-saving measures. It's such a financial struggle for so many. Take care.

Kim, I hope you're enjoying that beautiful baby!

I'm going to scoot to the salon for a pedicure. While I'm out I'll stop at the pharmacy & grocery store to pick up a few things. I've already done most of my chores so when I get home I can read & relax, maybe watch a movie. Then I'll make something easy for dinner.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Yay-it's Friday. I have most of my class evaluation project done. It was especially difficult this semester as they had us done it a different way. At least they are all typed and the professors all have their comments. Now I am writing notes so that next time I will have something to go by as I only do this twice a year and it would be easy to forget how to do it (especially with our fibro brains!).

Yesterday the form came in the mail to hopefully give us a reduction in the $500.00 for my hearing aid. The only thing is, they ask if you have a 401K, stocks, bonds, equity in your house, money in savings, checking, CD's, etc. I talked to one of the ladies in billing today and told her we do have a house and asked her if we are expected to take out a second mortgage to pay the $500.00. She said "no", that's only for people who owe a lot of money. But I wonder about some of the other things. We have CD's, 401K's, stocks and some money in my checking. But some things like the money in the CD's and 401K's are our retirement money and we would be charged a fee for taking the money out early and it is our retirement money and we have no intention of taking it out to pay this $500.00!

I hope you girls don't feel bad about me and I've never done this before, but I feel like lying on this question and just saying "no". We don't know about Harry's job and we don't make much and we need to hold on to what we have. We have already lost a lot of money in the stock market so we need to hold on to what retirement money we have. And the money in my checking account is already going fast. Do you suppose there is any way they would find out we have some money? And I feel they weren't upfront with us to begin with and they put us in this position and my insurance company won't pay it.

Harry has been working nights and was gone last night so I haven't seen him in a couple of days. He's called me a couple of times today so I guess he's really missing me! I haven't brought up the form to him on the phone. I figured it could wait until he got home so I'll see what he says.

I hate to do this as I know it's a sin to lie, but I feel I have no choice.

Anne Theresa: Well, I'm glad your new medication has been helpful, but I'm sorry that the side effects are bothering you. Nausea and fatigue are not fun, but hopefully they will eventually go away. Sounds like you are enjoying your new scooter!

Well, my workday is almost over. I think I'm the only one in the building. Five more days left!

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, tough times call for tough measures, I know you don't have a lot of money and that what you'd have to pay for your hearing aid would be difficult for you. Sometimes you just do what you have to do to get by. And someone should have told you sooner.....but you need that hearing aid, I'd hate to hear of you going without something so important.

Anne Theresa I'm glad that you've found some relief with the new med, but the side effects don't sound like a picnic either.....poor thing.

We visited Katy yesterday and she looks good. Had make-up on too which is a good sign. She's lost some weight and I could tell, so she looked wonderful too....

Today we might go for lunch then off to another PX to pick up a few things.

Re-homing Samson has turned out wonderful....the house is quiet and peaceful again, Dixie is happy to not spend the day hiding on the sofa behind my purse for safety and I'm so happy not to have to spend an hour a day outside taking him potty. Whew.......the guy we gave him too works for my husband and just loves him dearly. He's young, active and coaches little league so Sam's gonna have an entirely new, active life which is just what he needs.

Our timing was just awful, none of us knew how ill we'd get this winter and how difficult it would be to take care of a larger dog. Katy couldn't/wouldn't walk him like she agreed and it just wasn't fair to the dog.

Happy Mother's Day to all tomorrow......