What is or who is FFCS? Thanks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChungieDolor, Dec 28, 2005.

1. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

I saw a message about this and that people receive treatment.

Also, I have a thyroid problem, and want to know what type of lab work do I ask for to see if I have lyme disease or other auto-immune diseases.

My doc is all psyched out with the med Lyrica, and wants me to try it, but my insurance does not cover it. He was suppose to give me a 7 day sample, and did not. He said his wife has had success with this new med. I have read derogatory comments about it.

I have an appt with him today so any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

FFCs are the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers.
  3. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

The lab test you want to ask for for lyme (and insist if you want a more accurate diagnosis) is the Western Blot from Igenex. Most docs do the Elisa test and it isn't worth taking. Many with lyme come up false negative with the Elisa.

Lyme disease is not just a blood test but also a clinical diagnosis by an LLMD (lyme literate MD). Most doctors don't know much about lyme disease and aren't willing to learn. There are always those few though who will listen and learn.

Most of us who go to the FFC's have finally found the root issues of our FM/CFS. They do extensive testing on all hormones to get them back in balance.

Then they test for blood thickness because those of us with viruses and bacteria have very "thick" blood called hypercoagulation which is caused by the viruses.

I went to a pain doc for years and she told me my thyroid was fine when in fact, the more extensive testing done by the FFC showed it was not fine. They put me on bio-identical hormones for thyroid, cortisol, progesterone, testosterone and estrogen.

I've sufferend for over 30+ years with all kinds of ailments and was diagnosed in the last 6 years with FM/CFS.

From the testing at the FFC I found I have lyme disease and 3 viruses which are the underlying cause of my pain, stiffness and many other symptoms too numerous to name.

If you do a search on this site typing in FFC you will see the successes of many who are going to these centers.

They are giving us our lives back!

Hope your appointment goes well today.

Sandy
  4. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Thanks for the inf. Does your insurance cover this type of treatment? Sounds as if these centers are in larger cities. I live in Arizona. You know, the Pace Commercial!

i Hope I make it to my appt today, am in lots of pain right now, and hacking like a seal. You know those gunner coughs that you can not clear! Abuterol here I come.

So many thanks to all who have responded and given me information and support. I do not know what I would do without this message board. Thanks again!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor