What is something about you no one would believe?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jul 27, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Someone mentioned a Sammy Hagar concert that was in St. Louis this past week. I mentioned how much I loved him. My friend was in total shock. I asked why? She said, "you don't seem like a person that would like that music." Are you kidding me. I have an antique clock in my basement that doesn't work and it's set at 8:05 (time to rock). This made me think of all the things friends have told me they were shocked to hear about me.

Here's a partial list - what are yours? I thought this might be a fun post. You could tell us why people are shocked.

I DO love rock and roll and almost all music. (I have no idea why people are shocked)

I am extremely pro life (most of my friends think I'm too laid back to have this view).

I smoked for a little while in college (can't even stand to be around smoke now).

I would have loved to have a dozen kids and be a stay-at-home Mom. (I have an MBA - guess career woman didn't fit with that one??)

And yes, I used to say some bad words. I kicked that habit when I had a child.
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

four kids
    go to church
    dont drink or do drugs
    quit smoking

i did alot of partying , even when i had my 1st child, so people would be suprised to see the change
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Most of my friends would never believe I mooned the whole nurseing staff when I was in the hospital when I had a break down .They would never believe I had a break down.

I love to sing loud in my house somtimes.My husband thinks I sound pretty good.

NO ONE would beleve that I have done alot of public speeking and loved it. When I was a kid I was so shy ,tears would run down my cheeks if I had to even talk in front of people in class.

I'd guess most people that know me really wouldnt be surprized about anything I might do.I've always been a open person.

[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I was a full-nude artist's model for spending money my freshman year in college.

I modeled for a guy who lived near my college and was a mid-life crisis civil service chemist who really wanted to be an artist - so his full time job was as a chemist and his part-time passion was art.

So now you all know why I'll never be able to run for political office - LOL!

Somewhere out there are "reclining nude" charcoal sketches of me on a sofa(which I liked and I wish I'd actually asked for one - he was very good at portraits and I looked awesome when I was 18) and a full size partial nude (left boob hanging out) which I hated, because it started out really great and then he got all existential with the colors and I ended up puke green.

I was about his 5th or 6th model - he had several other similar canvases.

At the time, he struck me as kind of weird - just a fraction too intense - he was never inappropriate or anything, and his wife was always home when I came to his house's studio to model, but just the same, I agreed to do one full portrait with him (about 4 months) and then decided I wouldn't take him up on the next "offer" for work.

The downside of being an artist's model?

You have to tolerate being posed by the artist - this can take a long time and be irritating.

You have to stay in the same position for HOURS at a time - very difficult to do when you're deliberately trying to do it.

Being nude for a relative stranger is much easier than you'd think it would be. I've been much more uncomfortable being nude with someone I care about.

Anyhow that's my "No Way, Way" story...

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

In my younger years...I was raped at 13, had two stalkers (one was a serial killer, and it was the FBI that informed me that he was stalking me), I was kidnapped when I was 21yrs old (a very long story, but a miracle!), and that although at times I can still be afraid to be alone, I am more traumatized by an abusive ex husband than any of the others.

I actually met John Kennedy Jr. He was the most kind and caring person I have ever met. He stayed and talked to me for over and hour when I was working at a convience store! Oh, and did I mention the best looking man I have ever seen!

The only thing I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother to ten children. Unfortunatly I wasn't too good at picking a good man, so I gave up on that dream.

And that through it all God was by my side, even when I didn't know it! Hugs, Tam
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

When I was 18 yrs of age, I flew to Atlanta with a friend and did some carpentry work for a couple of weeks. When it was time to get paid, the people we were working for left town which resulted in no paycheck. So we decided to fly back home out of the Atlanta airport where 2 hijackers were going to hijack our plane to Algeria.

To make this short, the FBI and the cops grabbed me and my friend, along with the 2 hijackers to question us all, because at the time, they weren't sure who was who..

Of course after all was said and done, and the plane was delayed and then grounded, they arrested the 2 hijackers and the rest of us were put on another flight and finally got home late. It was all on the news and that was in 1970.
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

I was a true sixties baby. My parents were weekend nudists. My fourth birthday party was a picnic with my parents at a 'naturist' reserve, and I actually remember how dumb I thought it all was -- especially for volleyball playing and sitting in the sand!
  8. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Interesting post.

I am 1 exam away from being a Master Florist.

I modelled professionally in my teens. The kids in my school never believed me ever.

I am one of the few outside of Hollywood that has not slept with Charlie Sheen when I met him in BC Canada when I was about 17 years old.

ehehehe secrets can be fun!
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I suppose some people would be surprised that I have tattoos

and piercings

and where I have them.
  10. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

The person who mooned the nursing staff has to win the prize so far! Keep 'em coming.
  11. sues1

sues1 New Member

keep them coming
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry i just made at my ex-hb right now....

i have only one tatoo, did a swimsuit calendar for body glove...then i got pregnant and that was then end of that for me...

good golly i can't think of anything else...

i'm so down to earth and a lot of fun to be with usually...

oh i had my stalkers as well, and ran away from to potential rapists...they got caught though....

jodie
  13. rockgor

What a strange and wonderful assortment we have here:

The mooners (but not moonies); the tattooed;

The mamas and the papas; the animal lovers;

the scholar and the pilot;

the models; One assisted by the FBI and one arrested by the FBI.

No wonder we are such a fascinating bunch. I love this board!
  14. charlenef

charlenef New Member

1. my father was abusive 2.he commited suicide when i was 9yrs old. 3. my 3 cousins and gram died in a fire when i was 7 4.i was a bad teenager drank did drugs and i was a bully .5. became a christian when i was 24 yrs old. 6.opened my own daycare. i used to fight with everyone now all i want is peace!!!!!!!!my life is nothing like it used to be. for all the fathers and mothers out there be good to your kid or they will be looking for something to make them feel good if only for a moment ,i know.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  15. darvick

darvick New Member

I did smoke when I was younger. haha
    My son died at age 13, now 11 years ago.
    That I can be a b**ch.
    That I do have Fibro, even if Im not limping that day.
    Everyone thinks I'm such a nice,strong person. yea right
    Did meet Andrea The Giant once Hes was Huge :)
    I do have very opininated views on this president, not nice
    Not as interesting as some here hehe, although I do like skinny dipping.
    Oh yea Im gay and have been with my partner for 13 years. :)
  16. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Well lets see:
    I have approximately 650 brothers and sisters having grown up in an orphanage. Its great when I need an attorney or expert in some unusual field. I love them all too even tho I dont personally know them all.

I quit high school in my junior year having left the orphanage and gone home to my mom and stepdad who did not want me and let me know every second how unwanted I was. Went on to get a GED and college after to being a Respiratory Therapist.

I was in the military for 6 years and loved it.

I speak Turkish.

I have been married more times than I am willing to tell you here.

I was told when I was younger in the orphanage that I was a prodigy of music. I played the piano and organ for years but the moment I left the orphanage I never touched a musical instrument mainly due to poverty and living on the street and just trying to survive.
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hmmmm. We've pretty much seen it all here but these are some things that not many people know about me:

My great-great-great (lost count of greats) grandfather was William Pitt the Elder of England.

I was President of our local Chamber of Commerce.

My cousin owns a winery in OR - and I can't drink wine.

When I'm surprised in a bad way the F-word! flies out of my mouth no matter who's around. :>O

I can honestly never remember my age without thinking hard. In my mind I am always 42 - which has changed from 32 over the past ten years.

Marta
  18. rockgor

He was a pretty cool dude considering he was both a politician and an Earl. His policies and influence in the British government had a great effect on American history.
  19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

No real tattoos, but I once rode a motorcycle to the Sturgis bike rally in the Black Hills, and got a fake tattoo of a scorpion on my upper arm.

I have a Masters in film and had I not fallen in love with teaching, I would have ended up in Hollywood, probably working as an assistant director on cheap horror films.

I can touch my nose with my tongue.

Kholmes

20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've heard he was a pretty hard-nosed guy. Certainly nothing like me. lol

Marta