what is stronger?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, May 20, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Hello, I was taking oxycottin 20 release two times a day with hydrocodone 10/500 3 times a day. This wasn't strong enough. So the doctor changed the hydrocone to oxycottin 5 mg 3 to 4 times a day ( and stayed on the 20 mgs 2 times a day). The pain is still there. She said I could take 3 20mgs release a day instead of the 5mgs. I don't know the better way to go. The pain is still there. I don't want to do the methodone because I have heard about weight gain. I just recently lost 60 pounds. Do any of you have any recomendations about which ones to take.

Thank you,
  2. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Thank you, I might try methodone some day. I was told to but I don't know if it is to strong and also the weight thing. Has anyone else lost or gained weight with methodone?
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Methadone works well for me. I've been using it for 3-4 months with no weight gain. God bless, Anne Theresa
  4. Treca

Treca New Member

for 1 year and a half and never gained weight because of it.

When I was on it it was the only thing I had to take for the pain. I loved it, it worked great for me. The only reason why I got off of it was because I wanted to try meds that where not a strong narcotic and see how well they worked for me. If the meds I'm taking now ever stop working I will go back to Methadone. At the time I stopped the Methadone I was taking 2 10mg @ 2pm and 3 10mg @ bedtime.

Even though this drug has a bad rap behind it. I truly believe if you take it like you should and always see and talk to your doctor. That way they can monitor you very closely it will work just fine. I hate that this drug has such negative info and things behind. It worked for me and it makes it harder on people who take it because the doctors are scared to prescribe it for fear that you will misuse it. It makes me so mad that we have to fight and prove to most doctors that we have fibro and we won't misuse it because of the people on the streets that use it to get high.

Sorry for being so long winded. The subject on Methadone always strikes a raw nerve with me.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]