what is Talwin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by faithinlove, May 21, 2009.

1. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I went to the doctor again for the bad pain I feel almost all of the time. She gave me this medicine and I can tell you it is making me feel, I think actually worse than what I felt when I was taking no meds. I feel dizzy, cannot concentrate, just a list of things. She told me it was for pain but I would like to know if any of you on the board have taken this medication?
    thanks, Faith
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I'm not really familiar with this drug, but from quickly looking up info on it, it looks like it is a pretty strong pain reliever.....if you were previously taking any other opioid pain relievers, it can cause a withdrawal reaction to those, and it can cause cardiac and respiratory issues (or aggravate existing ones)....it also has some inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in some people....and any new drug also obviously has the potential for allergic reactions to the main ingredients, too, as well as other side effects....and many of us react badly to most meds.....so from the little bit of reading I just did, it seems that there could be several reasons that you are reacting badly to it (although if it were an allergy, most likely you would have other reactions, too, but not necessarily)....if it continues to cause problems for you, I would call your Dr about it
  3. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I was feeling a little anxious because I am sensitive to medications. I may not take any more today since I have just had one, I think I will talk to the doc about it. I just feel funny so thanks, Faith
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have taken this in the past for migraines.

I felt like I was on a bad acid trip. Ended back in er and just wanted it out of my system. It is for pain but I hated it(didnt help migraine). Its been around for awhile never again for me.

be careful cuz it can make you dizzy(I couldnt even get off coach).

go slow