What is the best antiaging prdouct in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Jan 30, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I am about to turn 30 and I can see that my skin is starting to change and I do not like it at all. I have tried differnt creams and things, but thought some of you might share what in your opinion is the best skin care cream or line that you use/have used that has made a noticeable differance in your skin.

[This Message was Edited on 01/30/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Pixie Dust.
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I like Vichy products and they smell great too!
    I think Oil of Olay has this product I can't remember the name now but they say it fights the 7 signs of aging and that it has been dermatologically proven.

I am going to buy myself some Oxygen gel since I have been having such good results with the Cellfood. It is made by NuScience Corp.

4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

kriket.. they just had a "thing" on Good Morning America yesterday about affordable and pricey skin care, anti-aging, products....

The ones that were affordable.... Oil of Olay products as mentioned above. They even had some extra bonuses than some of the department store pricey products.

I am going to go get that line and use it ASAP! I have the same issue... don;t like it at all! I am 5 years older than you and feel I need to start taking it more seriously.

Good Luck!
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

This is a gazillion dollar a year industry (gazillion - made up word for a lot), and rarely does it have any actual effect.

The best aging product I use daily is a mantra: "Each wrinkle I have, each age spot I have, is part of the life I've lived. I wouldn't trade it for anything, because it's mine."

I know it's harder for women - society places such absurd pressure on youth and physical perfection. And, of course, you need to be THIN! Well, women were built to gain a little weight as they age. (Men, too, but we're not told to fight it as much.) As Kathleen Turner once said, "You can save your face or your a**, but you can't save both."

My favorite quote, and I'm paraphrasing here, was from the Swedish actress Liv Ullman: She said something to the effect that she refused to fight aging because she didn't want to deprive herself of the face God intended her to have when she was older.

Did you see how fabulous Chloris Leachman looked on the SAG Awards? The woman is in her 80's, has not had a thing done, all her wrinkles are in full glory, and she was BEAUTIFUL!! Mary Tyler Moore, one her umpteenth surgery, standing right next to her, is almost fifteen years younger, had not a wrinkle on her, and looked like a freaky mannequin.

A non-drying soap, a good moisurizer, and a good concealer. Add that to the attitude "I am beautiful at any age" - it's all any woman needs.

Just my opinion.

6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks callum... well put!
    I think helping keep our skin healthy looking is a good thing, but as far as the wrinkes or aging signs that come on their own,
    Guess it's better to "Embrace it & Not fight it"

7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Well, I've tried so many in my 56 years, and my body is one big wrinkle after another.

I'm convinced you can't fight genes! It's what you inherit from your parents, really. GENES.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Or if you want an actual product name, Olay's products are almost all excellent for the price.

I began using moisturizer when I was 21 and I'm often told that I look a lot younger than I am. I credit the moisturizer habit.

9. kriket

kriket New Member

If anyone else has anymore suggestions, please feel free to tell us what they are!!!

10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Too bad society didn't have the same attitude, about three years ago i started to get my first gray hairs, and freaked! Three of them one for each kid! LOL

At first i pulled them out diligently, but i finally gave up and have about 10 or so floating around, and i'm proud of them, i earned them.

And hey, i have highlites!

11. kriket

kriket New Member

What do you consider a good moisterizer?

I started getting grey hair when I was in high school and yes, I feel as if I earned everyone of them.

Sometimes I use vitamin E or oliveoil on my skin. I have heard that these two are some of the best old time remedies used by some.

12. Callum

Callum New Member

A good moisturizer is something with something that disappears easily into the skin, and doesn't make the skin dependent on it. For example - have you ever noticed that the more you wear lip-balm products, the more you need the lip-balm products? I have never had chapped lips. Ever. I have also never put any lip product on my mouth (I ate the chapstick I was given as a young kid) Now, I know that part of the reason why is that I don't lick my lips, but if you use a product that does the moisturizing work of the skin, the skin is gonna go "wait a sec... I don't have to produce as much oil as I did - this area seems pretty well lubricated."

If you want to spend the money, there are products that you use non-embrionic stemcell research to create moisturizers that actually repair the skin, but these are very pricey (I know that Dvaar is a great product, but out of my price range). Anything else is just gonna temporarily plump and gloss over, and will hopefully prevent further damage.

Try some product that looks good to you, and then stop using it after a few days. If the dryness comes immediately back within 24 hours, it's not the best product.

More important - skin care and behavior.

*Watch what you eat. Make sure that your diet is rich in Olive Oil, fruits and vegetables.

*Avoid the sun. SPF 45 if you absolutely must remain uncovered, otherwise where big floppy hats.

*Use a non-drying soap on your face (I really like Cedaphil, and it is so cheap!)

*Be careful, both when you are applying makeup and washing your face, around the eyes. The tissue surrounding the eye, especially under the eye, is so delicate - it tears easily, and can cause the little tiny lines and saggy bags as we age.

*use a micro-dermabraser once a month - if you don't want to buy one, you can make your own with oatmeal.

But most importantly, discover the beauty of the lines around your eyes! Laugh lines are, I think, one of God's most beautiful creations.

The above is my opinion - I'm no expert, I just know a lot of actresses who have to try and fool a camera lense.

And remember - YOU'RE ONLY THIRTY! So young... It only gets better. And I mean that!

13. Callum

Callum New Member

LOL - Don't you know, if you take a grey hair down, three of his friends come back to revenge his death!

I always hoped I would be one of those men who grow grey early - Leslie Nielson, Steve Martin, Anderson Cooper. They seem to retain their looks forever!

Unfortunately, my hair decided it would rather leave than turn white - and it did.

14. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Ok. here are the two things that seem to stay on the list over the test of time"
    Sleep , and----------
    Water---LOTS of water

Do you remember a couple of years ago when people were raving about using preparation H on their face? I didn't but somehow I thought of that when i read everyone's post.

I use the Oil of Olay cleansing pads for sensitive skin every night.

15. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank you for your advice. I am interested too in your oatmeal scrub. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to know how it's made and used.

[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  16. Callum

Callum New Member

I usually use just a little olive oil, but you can google it, and a LOT of different options appear.

Joyfully listed a biggy I had left off my list. Making sure you are well-hydrated (while being careful not to OVER-hydrate). Divide your weight by 2 for the amount of water, in ounces, you do not want to exceed (as you can flush out needed sodium, potassium, etc. by drinking too much), and then don't exceed 8 oz. per hour so you don't pass it all out.

17. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Is Alpha Hydrox. You can get alpha hydroxy acids in several brand names..but they do help. I am 53 and have found it really makes a difference in the fine wrinkkles around my eyes and forehead. Not very expensive either!
    I have also become a fan of Bare Escentuals make up..in part because of the spf factor. I am "lazy" about sunscreen at times...but I don't go out without my "face on". So this way..I have my face on..and have spf to boot! Plus you don't get all those strange chemicals on your face! I just saw a new one at Tarjay...I think L'oreal, has come out with their own brand of mineral makeup...at about 1/2 the cost. Maybe worth trying?
  18. Catseye

Catseye Member

birth control

sorry, couldn't resist

19. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Too funny! Birth control! Still laughing.
  20. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Daily use of a sun-uv blocker every morning probably very useful. Be sure to start at age ten!
    Also, a spaceman fishbowl type head piece that blocks sun, wind, heat, and with a metal foil topping may be worthwhile in the near future.
    Perhaps the Chadors that the mideast women wear over heads work for moisturizing, etc.
    Maybe more and more of our lives will be lived in computerized virtual realities....in twenty years maybe we will never need to get out of pajamas.