what is the best bed??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leslieb, Aug 25, 2002.

1. leslieb

leslieb New Member

WE are on a search-

We need a new mattress.

We had previously looked at the Select Comfort but did not like the way it was made. Now they have improved it and put foam where there was empty space before.

We also found a place that sell the tempurepedic (SP??) It was comfortable BUT very pricy -now I would like input and comments from people who have actually used the beds.

When we got home hubby, of couse went to the computer and there are many option on both kinds of bed- same construction- but you are not paying for the brand name.

We also found a bed that has the air chambers like the select comfort plus the NASA foam on top of that- that sound like the best of both worlds!!

Any input/suppestions would be appreciated

Leslie
  2. leslieb

leslieb New Member

WE are on a search-

We need a new mattress.

We had previously looked at the Select Comfort but did not like the way it was made. Now they have improved it and put foam where there was empty space before.

We also found a place that sell the tempurepedic (SP??) It was comfortable BUT very pricy -now I would like input and comments from people who have actually used the beds.

When we got home hubby, of couse went to the computer and there are many option on both kinds of bed- same construction- but you are not paying for the brand name.

We also found a bed that has the air chambers like the select comfort plus the NASA foam on top of that- that sound like the best of both worlds!!

Any input/suppestions would be appreciated

Leslie
  3. Kurt

Kurt New Member

My girlfriend and I purchased the most expensive one and we both LOVE it!!!! There are two products that I will stand behind and Select Comfort is one of them. I would recommend an air mattress to anyone. My girlfriend likes a really hard bed and I like really soft one and the adjustable dual mattresses are great. I sleep wonderfully now! However, I should not that I have done a number of other things to fight my FM. I would recommend anyone with FM selecting a really nice bed because of the sleep disorder thing. Just remember, you spend at least a 3rd of your life in the bed you purchase, so spend a little more on your bed, you will love it!

Kurt
  4. Lanie

Lanie New Member

and we LOVE it! What a relief it is to sleep in a comfy bed. I wake up a whole lot less sore in the morning as well. We got ours thru QVC, you can check their website, and found it to be a better value for a higher quality bed than the store.
    Hope this helps.
    Lanie
  5. seaview

seaview New Member

we also went on a search and decided on a latex mattress by New englander. It is wonderful and I am very happy with it. I would stay in bed all day if I could.:) just my 2 cents........Kathleen
  6. metoo110

metoo110 New Member

wanted to welcome you and give you my input.

like you i searched alot of info on computer and thought i'd for sure buy an air bed with memory foam. but when i went to a store to try it out, i found i didn't like it. if you like a softer bed, your likely to end up with a hammock effect.(letting to much air out) then your spine is not alined.

ended up with a latex bed and LOVE IT!!!!!

i've had it for a little over a week now. you can see my post about it by typing "my new bed" in the search. you can also type in just mattress and you'll come up with lots of post you can read.

good luck, i hope you find what's best for you. as stated above we spend lots of time in our beds during are life time.

good luck
    donna