What is the best form of magnesium for FMS'ers??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetieLF, Dec 2, 2005.

1. SweetieLF

SweetieLF New Member

Hi Everyone.....:):)

Does anyone know what the best form of magnesium for people with FMS and MPS and CFS is to take? I want to try it........;);) Also I'm assuming wait two hours to eat anything with calcium after taking the magnesium pills too right? Thank you all....I hope everyone is feeling well lately........:)

God Bless, Laura
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Is calcium best in chelated form too? thanks :)
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

I take magnesium glyconate during the day and ZMA just before retiring at night.
    I used coral calcium first and then sea calcium (sea vegetable source) which also provides trace minerals. Before taking vit D3 I had problems with calcium.

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2005]
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Like Tansy, I too take the ZMA before going to bed. It really helps with sleep. You can buy it here at Pro Health.

Sandy
  5. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I use magnesium cream compounded by a chemist. I rub it on. If you are interested, you could check this idea on other threads. Don't mean to be short, but the other entries have lots of info I am too tired to repeat.

It's great for pain.

Hope magnesium in any type you take helps you.
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm all for anything that helps sleep! :)
  7. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Me too ! and I also would like to know what ZMA is .. I have MVP (mitral valve prolapse)and I'm hoping to help it as well. I'm confused about what type of magnesium to take for that .. i know it has been discussed before .. my brain has a huge DUSTBUNNY in it today ! yikes !
    Fudge : )
  8. SweetieLF

SweetieLF New Member

You all are so incredibly kind........*gentle hugs* :) :) I ordered some Magnesium Plus and ZMA from Pro Health, so I'm praying..........

I'm going to look into the Mag cream too....it sounds wonderful :)

Thank you all again.......My prayers are with you....

*Gentle Hugs*
    ~Laura