What is the best form of Magnesium supplement?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Feb 16, 2007.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I'm looking to supplement my diet with Magnesium and am looking for the best form. Anyone have any sugestions?

Do you know what the differences are between the different types? (oxide, citrate, glycinate, taurate, malate, etc.)

What other supplements should a person take to aid in the absorbtion of Magnesium?

Thanks!
    Val
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Val,

Magnesium Glycinate is a good form of magnesium to take. It is a highly absorbable form so your body will take in the magnesium.

Citrate is also a good form and well absorbed

Oxide is crap. It is not well absorbed into the body

I don't know them all but I know Glycinate is a really good one. I use the glycinate after many here suggested it and after reading online.

So that is my input :) Hope it helps.

Take Care,
    Pam
  3. applecrisp

applecrisp New Member

I found citrate to be very good. Taking it with a calcium supplement helps aid absorbtion.

Remember the best form is liguid if possible, the body absorbs this the best. If you take any vitamins or minerals try to do liquid, the harder the pill the harder to absorb..next would be capsules.
  4. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Thanks very much for responding to my post. I will pick up something other than oxide, I've heard nothing but bad about this form.

Val