what is the best thing that makes you wake up feeling rested?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Apr 23, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I have had CFS for a year and a half now. Tried lots of stuff but nothing has made me feel better in all that time. I have to think and so does my doc at FFC that waking up feeling not rested at all is a contributing factor. Should I participate in a sleep study??

Right now I'm on .25 mg of Klonopin and it makes me sleep but wake up horribly tired next morning.

Ambien,Lunesta,Sonata all haven't worked for me. Melatonin gave me bad nightmares.

Open to suggestions...
    Thanks,
    Kelli
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

They said I don't get any stage 4, deep sleep. There was nothing they could do about it but at least it was some kind of answer. I think a sleep study is a good idea. AMY
  3. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I got no stage 3 or 4 sleep!! But there are different meds you can try! I just started on deseryl(trazodone) and don't know yet whether it will work. I am also taking Lunesta. I usually sleep through the night waking once or twice to potty; but I only get as deep as stage 2 sleep(as far as I know. I'm going to give the deseryl a month to see if it's effective. There are other meds you can try and combinations that work, for instance: Elavil, Flexeril.... Get a sleep study and hopefully the doctor can help you! Good luck!

Tracy
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

My cousin, a retired RN who worked in a psyc ward the last few years she worked, said the top dose is 600mg. I wouldn't want to have to go that high but I take 150 mg and it works very well for me. I have no morning grogginess, could wake up if I had to but don't with no reason to and feel
    rested in the morning. Now if I just didn't wake up in severe pain and stiffness until I take my medications I'd be set. LOL!
  5. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Will my FFC doctor know a place? I guess I could research it on my own but thought a dr would need to recommend it.
    Can you describe how/what the study is? You have to sleep somewhere for 3-4 days? Just wondering.

Thanks.
    kelli
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

My doc set it up so I'm not sure if you can go get one on your own without a doc order. I went at around 8pm & left around 7am. They hook all kinds of wires to you so it was hard to sleep but all in all it wasn't too bad. AMY
  7. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

If you can afford to have the sleep study done, you may as well have it done. It might reveal something.

I had a sleep study done in the first year that I had cfs and they discovered very mild sleep apnea. I now sleep with a cpap mask and machine and have done for the last five or so years. I do not really think it has helped me much. I always wake up like I've been hit by a bus.

But..... you might be different.
  8. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

I'm taking 15 mg. of Restoril to help me sleep and it doesn't make me drowsy or give me dry mouth when I wake up.

Hugs To Ya!
    Claudia
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kelli:
    You might want to ask him for some Dalmane. I took it years ago and it helped me sleep. I believe doctors are afraid to prescribe it these days. Many years ago it was very popular.

nyrofan
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

1.875 mgs. of Klonopin (I'm weaning off, .125 mgs. at a time) and 1/4 of a tablet of melatonin seem to do the trick. If I can take a ZMA by 7:00 p.m., it helps too. Also, if I listen to my brain wave tapes which induce beta waves, I sleep better.

Love, Mikie