What is the funniest thing that ever happened-I need a laugh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jan 7, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I enjoyed those fog stories so much.I laughed until I cried then I did some serious crying. Feel like I need to do it again but can't seem to do it .any one else like this? Dianne
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I guess this could be considered brain fog. The day before I had been to a concert where I got really hot. I was wearing a turtleneck, a shirt, a sweater, and slacks.

My bra hooked in the front, so I decided to take it off by discretely unbuckled it and sliding the strap off one arm, pulled it through the other arm, and slipped it in my pocketbook. With all other clothes on, no one knew the difference.

The problem came when I was in the grocery store the next day and instead of reaching in my pocketbook for my wallet, I grabbed my bra (by mistake) and tried to hand it to the MAN who was checking me out!!!!
  3. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I know I can't top Abbylee's story. What a kick!!

My brain's so foggy, I can't think of anything spectacular. Mainly, I tend to put things in the refrigerator...my wallet is a good example...while I've put groceries away....then wonder what the heck I did with it.
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

I have lived in Galveston Country for 30 years my dad has lived in Madisonville just about all my life. I know the back roads to get there. When hurricane Rita was coming my husband and I left in different cars I had our 6 dogs. It took us 12 hours to get about 2/3 of the way then my husband needed gas and told me to go ahead. I started down this road and all the traffic was backed up going the wrong way I was the only one going my way. After a hour I knew I was going the wrong way I was so tired and I was going back home. I finally was able to get through to my daughter who looked up where I was and how to get to Hunstville. Where I knew how to get to my dad's house. My husband was there and he was so worried about me. The dogs and I were so tired all I could do was cry as I drove. My husband would not let me out of his sight on the way home which only took 3 hours instead of 14 hours. Rigby
  5. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

one nice sunny day my son, his father and i all went to our county park to feed the ducks and they have a lagoon there and outside of they havea playground...

well we fed the ducks adn wanted to go to the playground and wanted to take a short cut around the lagoon by this waterfall ...hubby and the son crossed over the concrete wall walking on top of it about as wide as your foot....well they had tennis shoes on...well i had on my nice leather slide shoes on with no traction on....well i ended up slipping into the duck pond and threw my shoes out cause they smelled like duck doo doo...

they left their hinnies off...and asked me if i wanted some bread....

then a few months ago a friend called me up cause she said jodie i went out last night met her guy she was seeing again. the company she was working for was a having party at a mexican resturarnt...well she hadn't eaten much the past couple of days cause she was nervous about this old flame...well she had a few drinks...

woke up at home, she was on her couch, saw a half dranked bvottle of a wine cooler ...she didn't remember coming home or buying any bottles of winecoolers....steve was in her bedroom she was on her couch...dressed...anways she said she didn't know what happened and said she never had a blackout before and asked me if i had ever had one before....i replied not that i remember of...we busted up laughing...

well do have some more but i will save them for others

jodie
  7. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

This was waaaaaaaaay before my Fibro but my hubby got a kick out of it when my parents told him about it.

I was nine years old and thought it was time I had some boobs. I put on my Mom's bra and stuffed it as full as I could with toliet paper.

That day we were having a family get together at my house. Everyone was sitting outside by the grill, chit chatting. By the time I went back outside with my BRA on it was starting to get dark. I went looking for my brother and cousins barefooted. They found me when I stepped on glass and cut my big toe. (Almost off I tell ya) My brother yelled for our parents and shortly after I was on the way to the ER with my parents and Grandma.

I had competely forgotten about my boobs. So when the ER doctor was sewing up my toe. My Grandmother reached out and pinched my toliet paper boob and said what do we have here. She reached down the neck of my shirt and pulled out a LONG strip of toliet paper. The doctor and nurses & Grandma had the biggest laugh at my expense. I NEVER wanted boobs after that.

My entire family extended and all have heard this story. When I turned 30 I had a real life breast reduction. So,you know this story came up about a million times all over again.
    I wonder.......hmmmmmmmmm do you think my dramatic experience as a child was the reason I didn't ever want big boobs? lol Well I do hope this will cheer some of you up. It has been the laughterfest with my family for 25 years now.
    Angela
  8. stacie123

stacie123 New Member

thanks for the funny story, have been there and done that. want a reduction of my own now, too. needed the laugh. thanks
    stacie123
  9. stacie123

stacie123 New Member

I too laughed until i cried, and over again. really needed this uplift, too, am feeling fairly depressed and anxious.
    more to come?
    ((stacie))
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

When my sons were small and learning the names of the different parts of the body, I used to give voice to the body parts to help them learn. For example I'd wiggle my foot and say in a funny voice "Hello, I'm a foot." Then in my regular voice I would sound surprised and say 'Oh my goodness, my foot talked!" We'd all laugh.

The game continued well into their childhood and became a silly thing we'd do with different parts of our body. After using the funny voice (of the body part) we'd always return to our normal voice and say 'Oh my goodness my hand/elbow/knee/whatever talked!'

One morning we three (two young sons and myself) were in the washroom getting ready for work/school. We opened a new tube of (flavoured) toothpaste and were happily surprised by how good it tasted. In my funny voice I said 'Wow this toothpaste is delicious', then in my normal voice I said 'Oh my goodness, my mouth talked!"

The three of us fell to the floor and couldn't stop laughing. It was a grand moment filled with pure joy and laughter.

My son (29 and 26) still tease me about the day my mouth talked :)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

11. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

12. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member