what is the most thoughtful thing your spouse has done for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Oct 3, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I was soooo thrilled a couple of wks ago when my hubby suprised me with a new microwave,,,,,,for the bedroom! LOL! I know things haven't been THAT hot in there for awhile,, but thats a different story.
    He bought it for me for the bedroom because I usually have to get up a couple of times during the night to heat up my grain bags, and this way I don't have to walk across the whole house to do that! I just sit on the side of the bed and pop them in my new mikey and away they heat!
    Isn't that so thoughtful and sweet? I thought so!! He also picks wild flowers for me from our fields, and buys me my favorite Hershey Caramel Kisses and hides them under my pillow. He also hid my microwave under the blanket of the bed!
    How about your significant other?

Blessings,
    Raz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

But darn near on a daily basis he does something wonderful for me.

Today he brought me home a bottle of Merveilles body lotion because my skin has gotten so dry from low thyroid.

It is a delightful lotion ... dream come true really ... with a wonderful scent. Not exactly low priced, but still one of my two favorites.

He said he wanted me to get a head start on the changing weather were my skin is concerned.

I was truly gifted by God when that man found his way into my life.

Elsa
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

He did just spend all summer renovating his house, for me. That was large (and ongoing), and he wouldn't have did it for himself. He also remembers all our anniversary dates, and I do mean all. I don't, but he doesn't seem to mind.

My favourite moment is recent though, and he said the sweetest thing I've been dying to have an excuse to share. He was loading our new-used fridge onto his truck and I was trying to tape the door shut and getting in the way. I thought he'd be irritated (I would be), but he came out w/ the smoothest line, "you're never in the way - you're the centerpiece Honey". Hah, he meant it too. Later he was getting all misty eyed thinking about our milestone of going and buying appliances for our house together.

Even though he's a real Red Green kind of man, and totally metrosexual phobic, he's the biggest sap.

Jeanne
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

Is he letting me sleep even if I forgot to fix him something to eat, and never saying a word to me like what have you been doing all day.
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

finding a new wife!!!
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I was teasing him, and read this title out loud, then said, wait a min., lol, I know there must be something, I can say.
    Now I need some steak for that eye. Just kidding, really, he was laughing too.

He most recently, bought me my Red Scooter, that I have been wanting for a long time.
    Trouble is, he is never with me, when I need it and I can't get it out of the Trunk. ;o(

He does bring me my Cherry Pie before going to work if I am out of it, and I don't want to leave the house.
    May not seem like a Biggie, but it's the little things that count.

like just now, I Burned the Heck, out of my right wrist, I sloched (?) coffee out of the cup and all over my hand.
    So what does he do,??? Try to make a joke, hes a real wise acre at times, lol.

I think the best thing he did was to let me live away from him for 5 year's, and find my way, through this battle, without him.
    I just couldn't deal with Idaho, and needed to be in Ca.

Now we are togeather again, ;o)
    and that is the Best thing he's done .

Hug's & Luv, to all our Supportive Spouse's
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

After all the posts about all the negative things about our significant others and family, this post is a great idea.

My husband gives me massages (gently) when I hurt the worst. He also bought me a scooter last year after doing some research on them when he saw how difficult it was becoming for me to walk long distances. He listens to me when I am feeling frustrated and offers me encouragement to keep going during my worst times. He also works extra hours so I only have to work mornings and can rest in the afternoons.

I guess this is more than one thing,but I couldn't think of just one important thing.

Ellen
  8. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

He cuts me fresh flowers

Makes up the bed for me.

Mops, cleans the tub and takes care of outside.

He tells me he loves me 4 or more times a day.

Attends Dr visits.

Suprises me with new cotton nightgowns.

Takes care of me tenderly when I am very ill without me asking.

There is so much more....all this after 24 years. He is the best guy in the world.

Thank the Lord he still is there for me know matter what.

I am very lucky.

Marcia
  9. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

When I had my knee replacement my husband stayed at the hospital the entire week and took care of me. He never left. He put cool cloths on my head when I threw up and rubbed my shoulders when I cried in pain. WHen I went home he continued to wait on me and be tender and kind. I was extremely depressed after surgery and he was always patient. It made me fall in love with him all over again.
  10. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

but I just had to say how wonderful it was to read the good things loved ones do! Raz - great thread and a boost to even those of us single!
    Nancy
  11. Suzan

Suzan New Member

He tries every day to be aware of how I am doing...and to make sure that the evening goes well for me if he can. But most recently...
    Last week, his mom passed away at home ( we live 4 houses away and are very close relationship wise) Of course, I just muscled my way thru all the things that had to happen...including a run to walmart for supplies,twice!...and then participating in all the rituals that were done to celebrate her. Well, the day after the funeral, and also at the evening gathering, most of his 5 brothers and sisters and some of their spouses...came to check on me. He was so worried about me during all this..that he was telling them how hard this was on me...and that I was doing my best not to show that difficulty to anyone during this sadness. To me, that was one of the most loving things...in his pain, he still was taking care of me.
    I love that man!
  12. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

My Husband, Jim, is the GREATEST. It will be 32 years in January that we were married. We met in the 8th grade in school, graduated together in 1971 and he is my best friend. We were married 1 month when I developed a huge pilonidal cyst on my tailbone and had to have surgery to have it removed & then I got proud flesh around it and had to have another surgery to have that fixed. Well after 1 month of marriage he had to clean, shave around the area, apply medication and bandage it every day. My Mom said if a man can do this after 1 month of marriage, then I should never doubt his love for me.
    This is not the most thoughtful thing he has ever done for me but I hope will give you an idea of what kind of a man he is.
    There are too many thoughtful things he does for me daily but the thing that stands out is when I was diagnoised with FMS he read everything he could get his hands on aobut it and still does. I tease him that he could do lectures on FMS and he has become an expert on it. He has never missed an appointment with the doctors with me and I don't know how many times he tells me, "I wish I could take all your pain away & I wish it were me with FMS instead of you". I am so lucky to have such a supportive man in my life and without him I would curl up and die. I tell people if he should die before me to just shoot me and bury me with him.
    I'm sure this sounds mushy and maybe corny to some of you but I can't imagine living without him.

Thank You Lord for bringing him to me,
    Jeanie
  13. juliejo

juliejo New Member

We have been married for 34 years and have 2 most wonderful precious children and 4 beautiful and equally precious grandchildren.
    He is my life and means everything to me.
    He dos'nt need to do anything special.
    Just being here with me is all i need.
    He is my life, my rock and my reason for being here.
    Oh going all soppy now.
    Juliex
  14. Marcia, (ImDigNit)
    Does your husband have a brother? ha. Just kidding, I am married to a good man already. Yours sounds like an amazing man... Good for you! You lucky devil! :)
    Shantel
  15. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

even though he's had three back surgeries and is in constant pain. I suppose the most thoughtful thing since I have been sick is that he brings me coffee up stairs in the morning so I can take my time getting up. In cold weather, he always makes sure he warms up my car so I don't have to suffer the cold. And every night, he heats up my rice sock and makes sure I have a glass of water by the bedside.

It really is the little things :)))
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

is such a dear. He helps when I need it, he doesn't expect me to do any more than I can, even though I do, and he goes out of his way to make my life easier.

Puts the dishes in the dishwasher every evening...even if I haven't made dinner.

Makes the bed on weekends.

Carries the laundry basket downstairs before and upstairs after laundy done.

Drives me everywhere.

Buys flowers for me.

So, I am a lucky person.

The best thing is that he helps my folks and his mother. My first husband hated my parents, and I feel so blessed to have a supportive spouse now that my parents are older and my dad is dying.

I am most blessed, and it looks like I'm not alone.

Blessing on all supportive partners, friends, and family!

Sue
  17. kim840

kim840 New Member

Doxygirl, I think our hubbys are clones. Mine is not very romantic.... kinda shy.....but he put in a beautiful love song and when I got in the car he played it and said it was how he felt about me. I definitely got teary.

And hagininthere... I love the humor and the reality of your comments.

We have a journal we keep every day. I write in it at night and leave it on the counter. He reads it in the morning and then writes something back to me so when I wake up and he's gone to work, it's waiting for me. It's always good, loving, encouraging stuff.... that's the rule! The most beautiful things have come out in his writing that may not always come out in words.

He does things unexpectedly... flowers, candy, just pops in with them here and there.

He always asks me each day how I'm feeling. He doesn't say anything if I sleep the day away or don't cook anything for dinner. If I cook, he cleans up and visa versa. He does the hard chores around the house (floors, bathroom, pool) I know he would do more but I don't want to give up doing any and all I possibly can. Uses those muscles in a good way.

He understands when I'm grouchy or discouraged and stays clear when he needs to... if you know what I mean. There's no pressure to do anything I cannot do.

And he can give the BEST foot rubs. Sometimes I need to ask and sometimes he just plops down and grabs my feet!

But, I'd say the best thing he does that touches my heart is that he prays for me several times during his day. Always asks the Lord to take the pain away and has said he wishes it were him instead of me.

All of this from a man who suffers with his own DD...severe clinical depression.

Always Hopeful,
    Marcia

[This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  18. BethM

BethM New Member

several years ago my sweetie cleaned out the garage and installed a garage door opener, so I wouldn't have to go out in the weather to get to and from my car. This has been so wonderful, when I come home tired and hurting, and know that I don't have to be out in the wind/rain/heat/snow/or whatever, between the car and the house.

Every time I open or close that garage door I say a little prayer of thanks, for my darling spouse!

Peace,
    beth.
  19. kim840

kim840 New Member

Beth... I like the story about him installing an automatic garage door opener ..... however, be careful not back into the door as many of us here have! LOL
  20. mdempsey

mdempsey New Member

My husband never complains about doing more than his share of the housework. also, he never says a word about the money I have to spend on drs and meds.