What is the One Absolutely Best Thing That Has Helped You So Far?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 7, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Tell if there is one thing that has helped you the most, what is it?

Kendra
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes that it true isn't it? This board is so valuable.

K.
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

You are amazing. You always have good stuff to offer as far as natural cures.

How are you feeling by the way? I remember one post you said you were almost in a wheelchair. Are you any better now.

I pray so.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Light exercise has done me the most good overall. It was the one thing I added to my drugs, etc., that I really got a "whoomp" out of, and it changed my outlook and my feeling of wellness and my control over my body.

Gotta love endorphins :)
  5. darude

darude New Member

What has helped me so far is ACCEPTANCE of this new life. Not one I would have chosen but trying to make the best of it. I WAS the life and soul of the party now I'm learning to enjoy the quiet life. One step at a time trying to improve just a tad every day.
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

I was gonna say the same thing Draude. Just to know that I won't get better actually helped. I was even flown across the country needed three plane seats to lay down, that were bought to go to the best hospital NIH National Institue of Health.

I knew the NIH wouldn't cure me but I still went. If I get blessed with extra energy I know longer think I'm getting better.

Good question
  7. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Oh ya this site has been the best thing for me a real blessing, i think knowing that your not alone and crazy helps a lot. take care all,marieann
  8. puggymom

puggymom New Member

though I have switched to the CherryFlex pills, better than any pill I have ever taken. I heard about them here.
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

what did cherry juice do for you and where can I buy it?

kendra
  10. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

Weekly B12 shots. They take away the fibro fog and fatigue...
  11. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

1. Stormy's Shake, which lead the way to other healthier eating habits. Cleaning up my diet and eating better has made a HUGE HUGE difference.

2. Probiotics to help clean up my GI tract

3. T3 compounded thyroid hormone

Okay, I kept it to three, that's not too far off!

Definitely agree on finding this board. It has been an invaluable resource!

Katy
  12. lwhite

lwhite New Member

Without a doubt, the Guafinisen Protocol and massage therapy. The protocol has reversed my Fibromyalgia so much since I began the protocol about 15 months ago. However, I cannot function without bi-weekly deep-tissue massages. I also visit a chiropractor about once a month and have begun Yoga classes. I still hurt at times, but I am 75% better than before I began the protocol and found my dosage! Go Guai!
  13. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I didn't know I was allergic! It's the main source of my fatigue. I can handle my pain with meds, but the fatigue - arrrggghh!
  14. JLH

JLH New Member

I would have to say THIS BOARD.

Because ......

this board is where I learned about Cymbalta and Neurotin. These two meds have helped my pain more than anything, and I would not have known to ask my doc about them had it not been for me reading about them on this board!

and .... this is the only place where I can talk with people who understand what I am talking about when it's in reference to my health!

Love you all,
    Janet

P.S. I think I have a lot in common with Darude, because I, too, was always the life and soul of the party, and the "go-to person" at work--if anyone had a question in our office, everyone told them to "go to Janet, she will know" because I had been there as long as the furniture had (I retired with 30 years service) and knew our division inside and out. Now, like Darude, I'm learning to enjoy the quiet life as well as enjoy my time at home.
  15. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My understanding husband

A hot shower

Pain meds

A SOFT bed

PRAYER SO OFTEN!!!

And this wonderful board (FAMILY) to come to!

Love.....Mari

Sorry that there is more than one....but these help.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  16. marw

marw New Member

Physical Therapy

Pain meds

Exercise (but ice down any painful joints afterwards)

this Board (which I am just now learning how to use)

Some articles by Deborah Barrett (you can find them on this site)

Hot baths/showers and/ or heating pads/elec, blankets

Hot wax tub for feet and hands

17. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Treatment for my pain. I found a good doctor who understands how to treat pain. It is hard to do anything when you are hurting all the time.

18. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Prayer
    Massage therapy
    Hot baths
    Heating Pad
    Cal/Mag/Zinc
    Sublingual B-12
    plus I use
    Motrin
    Vicodin
    Zoloft
    Klonopin
  19. kch64

kch64 New Member

Like many of you, I don't have one thing yet.

I think probiotics are helping me. I'm going to start taking guai regularly. I started and then stopped.

I'm working on my blood type diet.

I need to learn to "let go and let God".

So, I'm working on it and when I find it, I'll let you all know too.

Chocolat...good to hear from you. hope you're feeling better.

Kendra
  20. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes, my faith is what's kept me going. If I didn't have it, I would have fallen apart years ago.

Kendra