What is the single most important thing you've done to rop

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by shelbo, Sep 18, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

help your condition? I'm thinking in terms of diets, supplements, therapies etc

TIA Shelbo
  2. pearls

pearls New Member

Absolutely, the most important thing I've done is to stay away from junk food and sodas! My diet is not perfect, but I work hard at eating properly. Second to that is exercise, which is very useful when I'm doing it (though not overdoing it).

-Pearl S.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

#1,,,Changed my diet to whole grains, fruits, raw veggies ,,chicken,,fish ,,,wild game meat,,and some pork (because i love it),,,small amounts though,,,,,only drink water,,coffee,,,tea,,,like Pearl says no junk food and no pop,,,,,unless it's a special occasion ,,,,,exercise,, that includes some light yoga and stretching every morning and walking at least a mile a day,,,,,eighter outside or on the gazzell,,,,,,I have also replaced as many of the meds as i could with supplements,,,i take fish oil,,B-complex-D3-milk thistle and am going to check into grape seed extract,,,,,S
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Moving away from my dysfunctional, alcoholic family.

Couple thousand miles.

Rock
  5. Catseye

Catseye New Member

Stop listening to idiots that bash alternative medicine because they are scared of it - they will never recover and are hopelessly brainwashed.

Avoid all wheat, dairy, corn and soy containing foods like the plague. Also all junk foods. Eat mostly veggies, but not too many root veggies. "Whole grains" doesn't mean anything good, it just means "whole food that cannot be digested properly". Only brown rice would be an acceptable food IF the gut is not full of bad bacteria and yeast. And it probably is. In fact, assume it is unless you can prove differently, which brings me to my next point:

Do CDSAs to determine the state of your gut/immune system and take the necessary steps to treat it.

If the adrenals are shot, use Adrenal Cortex Extract when you need it.

All the supplements in the world will not work unless your gut is in condition to absorb and assimilate them properly. Use a good multi vitamin powder while you are treating your guts. Something with a rice powder base is a good one. Remember, whey contains milk proteins and may hinder your progress. Only a CDSA and an experienced health practitioner can guide you on exactly what to eat and what to avoid.

Use digestive enzymes and betaine hcl to help digest your food.

Do your homework! I had to avoid all carbohydrate foods, wheat, dairy, corn and soy while I fixed my gut. There were tons of bacteria and yeasts to kill off and it's almost impossible to eliminate them while you are eating carbohydrate foods because carbohydrates turn into sugar in your body and the "bad bugs" feed on sugar. I was using emulsified oil of oregano pills to kill off the bad guys in the gut.

If you suspect infection all over the body, like with fibro, consider using MMS but start slowly like the instructions say. Fibro is mostly caused by fungus in places which will cause pain. See beatcfsandfms.org for correct info on these diseases.

I took tons of supplements before fixing my gut and they did help a lot, but the diet change and the gut bacteria kill-off was the big deal - I am almost back to normal now. The gut is the key to cfs. It is the heart of the immune system and where you absorb your nutrients. It's also the place where most of the body's serotonin is produced. So if you're depressed it's a good chance it's your messed up gut that is responsible for it.

Find a qualified health practitioner, NOT a medical doctor. The medical profession has their way of doing things - drugs and surgery. This is great for life-saving conditions, but for chronic diseases, they are guaranteed to misdiagnose you (by not addressing the root cause) and make you worse. The medical profession does not attempt to find the root cause of illness, they attempt to relieve symptoms - ONLY. This does not work for cfs and fibro.

The root cause in most cases is too much bad bacteria and yeast in the intestines. If this is allowed to continue, the rest of the body will eventually be affected with a myriad of horrible symptoms. The body is being starved for nutrients because of inefficient digestion, the liver and kidneys cannot keep on top the detoxification without the nutrients they need, and the gut/immune system will be open to yeast and any other opportunistic infection that comes along - probably a very bad one like lyme.

You can do your homework and figure out a plan for yourself, but this could take years, literally. There's so much to learn. I'm using Dr. Farr from becomehealthynow, he's pretty good. But any health practitioner you use has to have a good track record in treating intestinal hyperpermeability and interpreting CDSAs. These are not things that medical doctors learn about so they can't help us. Our biggest mistake and waste of time and money has been us expecting them to "fix" us and they don't know how. But that doesn't mean NOBODY knows how. They are just the first person we go to, that's all.

CDSAs - comprehensive digestive stool analysis - is not something medical doctors work with. So don't bother getting a medical doctor to help you with it. He won't be able to interpret it and probably doesn't even know what it is.
  6. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Sugar free diet, probiotics ( i'm taking 550 billion cfu a day) that is 550 billion a day, there is no typo, and anti-fungals like olive leaf extract, garlic, oil of oregano, and grapefruit seed extract. In my experience the problem starts in the gut (dysbiosis) and the toxins from yeast ( specifically acetaldehyde) and toxins from any other bad bacteria,
    cause adrenal fatigue (by interfering with adrenal hormones), depression and anxiety (from interfering with neurotransmitters),fatigue, headaches,Ibs etc. I also learned that the toxins delay muscle healing, and I believe are local irritants.

So if the toxins are being stored in the muscles, those muscles will be irritated and hurt, causing fibromyalgia pain. So the only way to get rid of the pain and or fatigue, is to address the problem at its roots.

This solution has not come easy to me. I have done literally thousands of hours of research online and in books over the last 10-15 years,sometimes 50-60 hours a week online. Being disabled since 1989 gave me plenty of time to do so. I have seen many doctors, an intergrative medical doctor etc. None of which help me.

In the last 4 months I have gone from barely being able to function to helping a friend of mine work on his house, putting in 4,6, and 8 hour days! And the last two days I worked with him, I barely felt fatigued afterwards! I am certain my days of being disabled are numbered. I know there is alot of conflicting information about cfs and fm out there. But I and others have "connected alot of dots" so to speak for you.