What is the strongest women's deodorant on market?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Jun 28, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi everyone! Ladies, what is the strongest womens deodorant out there on the Wal-Mart shelves? I need something really strong. I usually use Dove or Secret and no matter how much I pile on, I still sweat under my arms and it goes right through it. I think my body chemistry has changed or something. I never used to have a problem with sweating so easily and worrying about b.o. I am going back to work in 10 days and don't want to sweat through my clothes or stink the place up! :>)))))))))))) Help!!!!!!!!! Love, Carla
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and sprays are the weakest, not to mention bad for the environment.

Ban is the best i've used, its a roll-on. Its a pain waiting for it to dry in the winter, but I apply it first thing when I get out of the shower and then do the Q-tips, face cream, etc. Blow dryer works in a hurry. but it lasts me three days if need be, even in summer.

Unscented ones work best, believe it or not. When I became chemically sensitive I thought it was the end of the world because I sweat like a man and thought the unscented wouldn't mask well enough. But scented deordorants are worse if you have odour, they enhance it really. Just like feminine hygeine products, the reason why they don't sell scented pads and tp anymore.

jeanne
  3. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Roll on's I have never had luck with, they just stay sticky under my arm all day and eventually wear off. I thought about trying a men's deodorant, but was concerned about "smelling like a man"! Maybe I can do a sniffing session without too many people watching. Are men's deodorants chemically made to be stronger than womens deod's? ok - maybe I can try to blow dryer thing with the roll on - maybe I will give it a try. I just don't want to stink! I kept a stick deod. in my locker at work in my purse last year and would re-use on my breaks. But, the sweating just seems to be getting worse or the deod. has stopped working, I don't know. My chemisty seems different since changing all kinds of meds around on me last year. Carla
  4. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

My son had a major problem until I started getting him Mitchium. I buy him the unscented roll-on. The ad says it is so strong you can even skip a day. I know it really works. They even make Mitchium for women

LOIS
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know this is not what you probably want to hear, but you might want to read the labels and check the ingredients of the deodorant you purchase. Most of them are loaded with aluminum and other heavy metals, which are very toxic.

After reading your post I started to wonder if armpit odor might be caused by what we eat. I did a web search and found some interesting information such as red meat consumption is the leading cause of body odor. I hope it's ok for me to post the web address for informational purposes. It is www.newstarget.com/004417.html.

I can't vouch for this info, but I think it's worth considering.

Lolalee
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

or you might want to try Almay. It's hypo-allergenic.

Happy hunting.
  7. spmary

spmary New Member

Degree works for me. I was raisd by a Victorian mother who had a lot of "sayings": Horses sweat, men perspire and women glow. She should live in Tidewater Virginia! I sweat!!!
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

are two lines of products I use because I'm chemically sensitive. but I know Marcelle is Canadian and I assumed Almay was too, so not sure if you can get them. I guess you must have a fair amount of Canadian products because we have lots of American.

The Marcelle deodorant was very good, another roll-on, but more expensive than Ban, sicne Ban is sold all over and Marcelle only in large pharmacies w/ specialty cosmetic lines.

If you don't let a roll-on dry before dressing, it will stay sticky and not work to well because it just gloms onto your clothes. The secret is letting it dry properly first. I used to use Secret too, but can't take any sticks anymore, but it was the strongest stick deordorant. The gels are very strong too, but they need to dry properly like a rollon, but don't take as long. if you are chemically sensitive, the gels aren't ever fragrance free enough (for me anyway).

YOu mentioned about your body chemistry changing. I have that problem too and have to swap deodorant brands every yea r or half a year becaue they stop working if I use them too long. Funny quirk, but maybe you have it too.

jeanne
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Funny, my hubby just came back from his business trip with a new one called Certain Dri.

He's always been "pitty", sweats and drips through everything and this stuff is great. You put it on once or twice a week at night, then your regular stuff during the day.

For me, I've been using degree since it came on the market. Other deordorants always quit working for me after awhile, but this one hasn't.

No sweat stains!! None...

Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]
  10. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Secret works for me and doesn't break me out or make me raw.
    Roll on is sometimes better.
    The tip for any deo is to make sure your pits are dry before you apply. With roll on make sure is dries before you dress.(I get dressed in my room under the ceiling fan) Also when you change clothes reapply some deo.
    For example, for night time shower takers, apply deo after yur shower. Put on Pjs, then when you wake the next day you
    reapply when you change into your outfit for the day, why???
    Because some of the deo has rubbed off on your clothes.

Never use deo to try and cover body odor...make sure your use soap and your pits do not smell after you bathe...also, if your clothes are not truly clean/sanitized, there may be bacteria/odors on them.

So, bathe well, at least once a day. make sure your pits are dry before you apply and reapply once during the day when you change your clothes.

Another tip, sometimes you should try a different soap if yours isn't leaving you fresh. And for women, keep underarms shaved, the hair canhold sweat and bacteria.
    After applying deo, shower to shower or similar body powder really help to control moisture/odor.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Now, are you talking DEODORANT or ANTIPERSPIRANT?? If it's the smell you are concerned about, I don't have a suggestion for you. If it's the wetness, though, I have 2 suggestions: there's a very strong prescription-only antiperspirant called Dry-Sol. Most doctors can give you a sample to try. It's very good at stopping wetness completely, but it's so strong, it can irritate if used every day. A compromise between this and any average antiperspirant is a product called Certain-Dri. It's got the same active ingredient as the prescription Dry-Sol, but at about 1/2 the strength---so it's sold over the counter at most drug stores (like Osco or CVS). My daughter, who has this problem---Hyperhydrosis, where you sweat too much---likes the OTC Certain-Dri because it's strong but not as irritating as the Dry-Sol, which is almost too strong for her.

Hope this helps a little.

Hugs,
    Pam
  12. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Lady Mitchum.. Works for me.

Dawn
  13. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Degree Maximum, Secret Platnum, Lady Mitchum - none of them did the job as well as Lady Speed Stick by Mennen for me.

I have used both the "Satin Pear" and another scent and both worked better than all of those.

I have also found that the solid stick as opposed to the gel formulations work better.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  14. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Don't think you will find it at Wal-Mart but if you ask your local pharmacy to order it if they don't have it in stock they usually will. You put this on like once at night every 3 to 6 months and it helps control the sweating. It is the only thing that ever worked for me. For daily use I have found Degree to work the best for me.
  15. SBear

SBear Member

I take a good shower every day and use Degree, and it works for me.

By the way-----men's deodorants are much cheaper for the exact same stuff! Read the active ingredients on the label! Women pay more-------don't fall for this scam!
  16. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I have used Arrid XX for years! It was the only one that worked for me. I tried 'em all. They make it in nice scents like powder, ect. and also an unscented one.

I saw no one mentioned this one and thought I would mention it. It sounds like you will have a lot to choose from!

Take care, Sally
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, Arid XX has worked for me for years too but I've recently learned how important it is to take malic acid if you use a deoderant containing aluminium. (Also if you use alum. pots and pans.) Aluminium binds yeast to it and you know the rest of that story.

I noticed a difference in my brain fog (as in none now - what I am now is normally dippy ;>P after taking mag. and malic acid for one week.

Marta
  18. kat-E

kat-E New Member

Tussy?
    Ladies Choice?
    THese 2 both have different main ingredient than most of the deoderants on the shelves.

Certain Dri?
    Is like the prescription strength stuff, you only use it at night, and you put saran wrap under your arms.

You should be able to find all of them at wally.
  19. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Same problem with armpit stains and it's so embarrassing!!

I have without a doubt had a change in my chemistry. Probably hormone related.

I was one who always tried to stick with the Crystal and stay away from anti-perspirants for health reasons. The Crystal does help to kill odor causing bacteria, but not with sweating. As mentioned above, sweating is actually good for you and a major way of releasing toxins BUT the armpit stains have gotten much worse.

I've tried all of these except Certain Dri. Not sure it's the healthiest choice but being wet under the arms all day is more than uncomfortable.

I'm going to try Certain Dri. Thanks for posting this, I've been stressing this one.

scapper
  20. JLH

JLH New Member

Also, remember ........

You must buy a brand that is a DEODERANT AND ANTI-PERSPIRANT.

The DEODERANT part keeps the smell away

and the

ANTI-PERSPIRANT keep you dry and not perspiring.

So, you must buy the combination deoderant/anti-perspirant!