What is the treatment for a pinched nerve?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Sep 24, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my previous post titled: Please help me with symptoms of numbness/tingling in hands.

Many of you suggested a pinched nerve. If that is the case, what treatments are available (if any) for this condition?

abbylee
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

traction. They gave my mother a device that hung over the door and had a harness that she had to put on
    and "hang" there for half an hour a
    day for a period of time. She said it
    did help.
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you have already seen a doctor I would ask him if a Chiropractor would help.

The doctor might prescribe muscle relaxants if muscle spasms are pinching your nerve. If it is coming from your spine, like a problem with degenerative discs, I would not do anything without a doctors approval. You could wind up making your condition worse.

I have diagnosed myself so many times and when I finally went to the doctor I had something completely different.

It is better to be safe and see a doctor if you have not done so.

Take care

[This Message was Edited on 09/25/2005]
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have had a pinched nerve in my lumbar spine, between L4-L5 and S1 since May and it is absolutely killing me!!!

The pain in my low back is horrific!! The pinched nerve makes my leg, foot, and 2 toes go numb, too.

I've tried everything. I am currently going to a chiropractor - but I think I'm quitting this week since he is not helping.

The chiro suggested that I go see a Neurologist to see about getting a cortisone shot in my back or a Pain Mgt doc to get a nerve block done on my low back.

Hope you find something to help you!!!

Janet