What is this Building?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Dec 29, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Ok. Had to get rid of that NASTY Gooey Duck. Click on my Username and tell me what this building is and where it is located.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Can't get a good look at the building. There's a flying saucer in front.
  3. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Then the time spent laughing can be accounted for
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2006]
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'm clueless what the building is. I had the same initial opinion that it looks like a flying saucer.

Somehow, it makes me think of a building that is possibly located in Australia.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Looks like a big ship docked at Glasgow shipyards,No sorry there's skyscrapers in the background,i'll guess at Dallas.
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

But, it also looks like SOMEHTING ELSE. When you figure out the OTHER thing it looks like, you'll find the answer.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/30/2006]
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

Doesn't it look like,,,,an edible item?
  8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

We used to get edible sherbet flying saucers when I was a kid,LOL.
    Or is it anything to do with a mushroom?????
  9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Kind of looks like a mushroom or a piece of pie to me, too. I've been searching online for a while, but can't seem to find anything yet.
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

like a huge light, a big mouth

11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

a mushroom? A satellite dish? a pancake? a popover? a beret?

What in heck is it?

I give up oh is it a hamburger????? is this McDonald's HQ? Is that a large bottle of ketchup in the back?

Love Annie Cromwell
  12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I think it looks like a satellite dish, but have not come up with anything, yet, on my search. Kim :)
  13. elliespad

elliespad Member

If I tell you the edible item, it will give it away. So, I will at least tell you it is in US, near me.
  14. elliespad

elliespad Member

It looks more like all the items you've all guessed, than the edible item it is named for.
  15. elliespad

elliespad Member

I will tell you, it is a Convention Center. And its' name, is an INCREDIBLE EDIBLE food item. Got it now?[This Message was Edited on 12/30/2006]
  16. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That one really fried my brain. Good yolk, Elliespad.

The Convention Center in the Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza, in Albany, the state capitol of New York.

Can't believe I couldn't find this one earlier. And I did a search on Google Images for Albany buildings, too.

17. boltchik

boltchik New Member

There was an "Egg Harbor Convention Center" in New Jersey, but the picture was all wrong! (And the state too!) Congrats Ken! That was a brain teaser! Kim :)
  18. elliespad

elliespad Member

You win the prize! Would you like that Sunnyside Up or Over Easy? I worked downtown Albany for YEARS, went by that everyday. Worked about 2-3 blocks from there. Been in it several times. I actually know the owners of the company that did the welding for the steel in it.

One more view:

19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Is the Egg Building as interesting inside as out?
  20. elliespad

elliespad Member

No, not interesting at all inside. Looks/feels just like any other big open space. Much more impressive outside.