what is this? feel hot.....then terrible

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crillee, Sep 12, 2005.

1. crillee

crillee New Member

I know that we all have temperature regulation issues but has anyone ever experienced this: I will start to get really hot...not external hot but internal. Like I am burning up. So hot it keeps me from sleeping well. This is usally a sign that for the next day or two I will feel just awful. Achy, like the flu, not a muscle kind of ache but a sick ache, where you just want to lie in bed and moan. Then miraculously it goes away. I have been diagnosed with Fibro and of course always worry that it is something more.

Has anyone else had this? Does this sound like fibro? I am 31 and female, so I don't think its menopause.

sigh. As always, thanks!!
  2. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

You know, I've had that too and wondered about it. I'm not sure if I can attach it to a flare (I'm 35) but I've wondered about it. The first time the insides of my thighs were so hot I thought I had wet myself. I hadn't but the heat moved down the back of my legs and up through my back. It lasted a few minutes and then went away. I'm not sure what that it. Let me know if you find out.

Heidi
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Sounds like a classic CFS flare. With maybe some out of wack hormones. Maybe you can approach your doctor about this, as it is similar yet different then FM and there are some viral treatments you could try.

I hope you feel better,

Elsa
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes I've been there. But I stop doing that about a week ago. I'm 50 and I'm thinking I'm done with that monthly deal, I hope!
    I would sweat and sweat then get cold then hot hot again drove me nutts. I feel for you.
    Drink lots of water and see if that helps you. Your body needs a ton of water to deal with this.
    I think it was the EBV in my case as I am taking homeopathic med. 4210 and when I started it I got much worse. By that I mean I get hotter and sweat more.
    Get better soon
    Dee50
  5. blkkat

blkkat New Member

WQW!! ive been that way for about 4 days its really HOT in my face! i feel sooooo sick! then i'll be freezing! then i feel fine! im female and 42 LOL blkkat
  6. hubby

hubby New Member

I did the same thing even with estrogen for so long and it made me feel crazy as you never know when it was going to stop. Sweat to take a towel around, and have air on and then have to get under blankets too cold, and then sweat and a viscious circle. My husband just knows my thermostat is off. and I did too before I read about it being in syndrome.

I took a break from some of my meds, a little over amonth for estrogen and finally started back on it, and now knock on wood, I have had no sweating to speak of for about a month unless there is an explanation.

I hope you feel better, I know how crazy it makes you feel. In menopause and with everyone goingn off hormones in panic, I thought how crazy am I that I cannot do it, without so much trouble and have to go back on them.

Finally my Dr straightened me out, and suggested going back on, even though I had decided too when I started having painful intercourse. I forget that it also makes your skin a lot more elastic, hormones are so complicated, and not just the female ones, as other posts from the FMC have proved.

have a good night

Hubby
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and I am in a big relapse right now and I get so hot when the room is actually COLD and have to throw all the covers off - sweating too.

I'm putting it down to this relapse or flare.

Rosie
  8. crillee

crillee New Member

Good to know I am not alone. I don't want to overworry myself which never helps so before I drive myself crazy I like to make sure I am not alone. It's not menopause. but at least I know it's fibro or CFS (not diagnosed with CFS) they seem to be so much the same that I don't think I need to figure it out but just need to find a way to cope and calm myself down.

Thanks!
  9. crillee

crillee New Member

so those is it just a symptom of CFS of FMS also?

mom2seven!! I am so impressed with you! and the same age as me! I can only handle my dog! :)

10. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Count me in here too !!! I am always feeling this way, it is just a horrible feeling. You just have to lay down right and away and just moan until it goes away. You can not explain it to anyone they'll think your nuts, well !! they think wer're nuts anyways..lol.......its does feel like the flu, but it is the fibro, it is one of the symtoms....sharon5650
  11. crillee

crillee New Member

I desparately want a child....are you saying I shouldn't?
    I think it would break my heart.
  12. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I've started blaming everything on FM and CFS. If the mail comes late, if the kitchen is dirty, if the car is out of gas--everything. What a creepy disease.

I happened to see your question to julie with 7 about having a baby. I just want to put in my 2 cents. I'm 52 and have a 4year old son. My only child. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. If we stopped having babies because of defective genes, there would be no more babies because none of us is perfect. I expect there will be a cure for this ailment in the next few years, since it seems to be so popular. As soon as someone rich and famous gets it, enought money will appear to fix it. Anyway, there is a picture of me with Ian and my husband, Wade on the profile. It was about 2 years ago. There is nothing like holding your own baby for the first time. Finally, you've become someone's religion! If I hadn't gotten pregnant--it was a surprise pregnancy--I would have had a full and fulfilling life and not wasted too much time being sad. But, as you can tell, I'm thrilled things worked out this way. So, if that's what you want--you go for it! Besides the hormones racing around your body when you are pregnant make you feel great!

Francie
  13. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

My hot temperature and sweats came at the same time menopause came. I found out that RSD also makes me get the hots (LOL, that sounds funny). Also Neurontin and Effexer were adding to the problem. The exhaustion was more from Fibro for me. Just have to lay down when that happens. RSD pain causes severe high temperature inside and if it is an arm or a leg/foot it would turn purple and be hot to the touch. If I could get rid of the pain I would find it all quite interesting.

Maree

14. Irishdude

Irishdude New Member

I'll get flushed, particularly in the face, but the strangest thing is that my right ear, and not the left, gets hot and bright red. I kid you not. My wife thinks it's funny, but it ususally means a flare up of my FM symptoms.

keep the faith!
  15. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi there-

I am only 31 and have horrible problems with this. Could this be a sign of Lyme disease??
  16. crillee

crillee New Member

You are all so awesome! Julie and Francie thank you so much...I agree, if we all worried about what we would pass on or how we would feel, we would never have babies!

As far as the question about lyme, who knows. I have been tested, one band reactive, of course was told I didn't have it. I am also not on any medications but am taking lots of Vit C, B complex and a multi. This hot thing started before that though when I was only taking the multi. If it weren't for the unpredictabity of this darn thing I could mangage. Going to be starting a new job on Monday and of course I worry that I won't feel good, and well we all know where the worry gets us! :)

17. JonP06

JonP06 New Member

I have this happen to a few times before, I also had the opposite happened where I was cold and near shivering while everyone was normal. It usually happens to me in the cooler months but in the warmer months it sometimes comes with a headache and dizziness. I just jump in the shower to cool off and then go lie down for an hour or so, it seems to help. When the opposite happens, it almost always give me a real bad rash then the arthritis comes in. Not much to do about that but just crawl in the bed, cover up, and get some rest.....rest, that sounds like something I could be doing right about now.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2005]