What is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 16, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

So today I wake up at my normal time and am feeling fine. All of the sudden, severe pain hits me where I normally have pain (right sided area), but 800x worse! I'm laying in the fetal position. My daughter had the flu last week so I'm thinking that may be it. I popped a few pain pills and went to bed.

I fall back to sleep, wake up now, again, feeling okay. I can feel the pain as I always do, but I get a creeping feeling that it is about to get worse again. MORE pain pills!

This has happened to me for the past few days. The pain medicine always seems to do to the trick.

This wouldnt work if it were the flu, right.

FYI- no vomiting, fever or diarrhea. I do feel nauseous because the pain is so severe. Thank God I see my doc again tomorrow!
  2. cordy250

cordy250 Member

deserves a visit to the doc. Sounds like you might be having a gall bladder problem, like gallstones, but anything that is that much of a departure from ordinary pain needs attention.

Taking pain meds can mask a worsening condition, like appendicitis and should only be a temporary measure until you can get professional help.
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i would call the doc asap.....the right side of the body has trouble spots, that were already mentioned here....appendix and the gall bladder....gall bladder is up by the ribs on the right side and the appendix is on the lower abdomen on the right side....

don't wait....