What is up with my younger sis???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bapakay, Feb 25, 2006.

1. bapakay

bapakay New Member

I am 10 years older than my younger sis!!! I have not been there for her for several years now due to my own health issues. My husband ans I were the ones that used to help her when she had the water or electricity turned off!! But it seems like she has forgotten all the help we used to give her. She was a single mom for years. I can remember my husband literally bringing home her built in dishwasher to work on it!!!! But those days are long gone and forgotten. She is remarried now and can't seem to even acknowledge I have health problems!!!

Before I was diagnosed, there were many times I could not join her at things due to unexplained fatigue and pain. I was at that time still working as a nurse. She also has issues with me not returning calls,etc.

Today I called her, as I had not heard from her since Christmas!!! She talked maybe 5 minutes and had to go. Her daughter was getting ready to leave her house???? Said she would call me back!!! Well, you can probably guess, she never did!!!

When our mother was dying, this same sister wrote our aunt and told her off for not coming to see mother!!! this aunt was going through a divorce at the time, I did not understand either, but knew she was going through a rough time in her life.

Then my sister never came to see me a few times when I was in the hospital!!! So she is doing the same thing to me that she berated our aunt for!!!!

So, I just do not know what to do next???? She is my only sister. she is the baby and has gotten her own way in

life. I think she thinks i have betrayed her by being sick!!! I just wish i could count on her if i ever need her!! as it is now, she didnt even retrun my phone call today!! Am I being to sensitive???? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!! Bapakay
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

at least she calls me...maybe not back when she says so but she does...eventually...

she is 9 years younger than i ...

i think it is time to bring it to her attention on how you feel hurt by this and ask her if there is any reason she can not contact you more often because you would love to hear from her and see her more often...

i live in ca and my sister lives in michigan as well as my brother and other family memebers..they neve come to visit me and i personally am tired of being the one that spends my money on visiting them...hell they need t get out of that state of michigan once in awhile...and they do they do florida vacations or whereever they want to ...but i have not held it againts them..i have decided forget it and i will go on my vacations to where i want to go for now on...now if they would like to come out here they have place to stay...

well you need to talk to her and see what happens...

jodie
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that you're not asking for the moon....just a phone call now and then. I'm sure you are feeling the need for a family connection.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is easier for our families and friends to get stuck in denial than it is for us. If she doesn't acknowledge your problems, or even you, she doesn't have to deal with them. Please do not write her off. She may come around in time. Just know that for the time being, she cannot be counted on. Do whatever you have to do to get through this without her. She knows she can call you but if she chooses not to, there isn't much you can do. This is really sad and I hope she wakes up before she regrets her behavior. Family is the most important thing in the world.

I'll pray that she comes to her senses.

Love, Mikie