what is YOUR Awareness Day message to the world?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, May 12, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

What would you put on the loudspeaker of every public adress system in the world today? What thought about our illness would you make everyone understand?

Today is your day. What would you say?
    (( ))
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! I understand you're busy and have your own life to live, and I'm not asking you to get involved with mine.

But just for a few seconds, keep in mind that a lot of people in the world have problems and illnesses not readily apparent. So maybe try and be a little less judgemental.

And hopefully people will do the same for you. OK?
  3. darude

darude New Member

I would ask them how they would feel if.

1. They were sentenced to a life in Prison
    2. Were tortured every day

AND they committed NO CRIME. Well thats what these dd's feel like.
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

The pain takes you to places beyond belief .The fatigue holds you there .Only those that are strong survive it.and when you think its all that you can take ,your mind ,body,and spirit struggle .Like a butterfly in its cocoon .You are the cocoon left behind.You return to life only as a spectator. To weak to spread your wings but hopfully you have gain a new spritality and respeck for this thing we call life, because of it.You feel like you must be dieing only to wake up and find its another day and it starts all over again.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/16/2006]
  5. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

would ask them if they thought god was punishing them?
    Because when i was dx 10 years ago that was what i thought.
    Hope this helps.
    Fibrolady37.
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

It's the REAL thing!

I'm not looking for a hand-out, just a hand up.

Let's get together and find a cure!

God Bless.
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I know it's a little late for this thread to pop up again, but maybe others of us would like to share their message with the world. These brief soundbites of CFS/FM are so well expressed and personal that they should go up on the message board of the World, and not just for a day. For those who haven't written in yet, what do you want the world to know? Many thanks. :)

My own message would be: Touch me. Then, through that contact, all the feelings of my illness would flow into them. It would only last for one day, but I wouldn't tell them how long it would last. My Awareness Day message would be to have them truly understand what it feels like. Then they would be Aware.
    (( )) Shannon