What is your definition of contentment,are you content?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Oct 17, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I watched oprah today. Did anyone else?If you are not content what do you think would make you content?

I have been fighting with myself about what to keep and what to sell or give away.

I worked hard for what material things i have, but could live without most of it.

I think what would make me content would be to be around animals especially baby animals and help raise them.

Anyone watch Growing Up Baby on animal planet? This would be a dream come true for me to be able to do this.

I also like being creative and find much comfort and satisfaction and contentment in crafts,productivity and teaching others.

Come on share what your lofe dreams and contentment would be. atiledsner
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I think I am the most content I've ever been. I love my home, life, family. I honestly feel happy with where I'm at right now. It seems like for so much of my life I've constantly looked for more, but right now, I happy just here, now.

It is such a paradox since I have been struggling so much with my health. I've never been happier or more miserable. But I do still hold hope for improvement.

Sofi
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I will be content when i can go back to working with our animals, even if it is just part time, I miss rearing our calves...... they are MY babies and it breaks my heart to have to get others to do a job i love.

I will be content when i am more functional- it doesn't have to be at 100% but that would be even better, i wouldn't be content, i'd be ecstatic!!!
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

A part of me says if I become too content, I will just check out and not continue to try to improve my life. Know what I mean?? That in itself can make for one unhappy person, unless you learn to channel that into a goal-oriented life style.

I am very happy with where I live, the husband I have, and my beautiful children and grand children. But I feel/wish I could do more for society-you know? Leave something of ME that would be remembered and be important. And I have yet to find out what that could be.

I keep praying that once my husband retires, we'll be able to do some things together that will make a difference. Whether it be work from something like 'habitat for humanity' or something out of our church. It's just hard knowing that this disease can rear its ugly head at any moment. THAT is what keeps so many of us from achieving what we'd really like to acheive, I think.

Good question!
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

My most content moments are watching my children's angelic faces when they sleep, feeling their little hand grab onto mine, or the flower they pick and give to me with a kiss. I love when they draw me pictures or bring home painted handprints and artwork from school. When they say "I love you" just because. Children have unconditional love, and I think it is just beautiful. :)

I feel content when my husband and I are holding hands and walking somewhere beautiful. When our family rents a cabin every year in the mountains and we enjoy the beautiful snow, go sled riding, build snowmen and have snowball fights. The simple things really, that is what makes me feel content! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  7. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I did see Oprah, speaking to the Amish people. They are content WITHOUT many material goods. The fellow was right, when he said people are using credit cards to fill a void in their life. Many, many do this.

I, for one, AM content and mostly have always been. I don't require that much to live. I don't know if I could be like the Amish, as I do love my car, and my computer and other modern goods. However, I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, two kids and three gkids. I feel very fulfilled and really don't have big wishes for more.

A goal-oriented life is NOT always the best thing. It creats a lot of stress on an individual. Look around at the beauty of nature in this world and you will find contentment.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I knew contentment once before but now, have had to find contentment in other ways. I won't get into it but it was a marriage gone bad.

My dream would be to win my SSD case, then, I would have a little money to do some things that I could possibly think of doing.

Of course I could write a book of things that could make me content but I just can't do them anymore.

Good post and I enjoyed reading the responses so far.

BlueSky555
  9. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member