What is your experience with Chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Well, I never thought I would say this, but I am now seeing a chiro, after giving up on everything else!

I went in telling him I did NOT want to be cracked and he told me to keep an open mind. Well, after seeing my xrays and the severe arthritis in my neck, he said he probably will NOT be cracking me

So, the treatment so far is the spinalator (lay on a bed that has rollers that go up and down your spine), ultrasound (feels so good) light massage (feels really good) a table that stretches you (feels pretty good) and an Activator (not so good)

Today, I felt pretty good walking out of there, but I am afraid the pain will start

What are your experiences???
  2. msSusan

msSusan Member

I have seen quite a few docs. over the last 15 years with mixed results. Some use SOT(sacral?), kineseology, atlas. Sometimes the activator device does seem too hard on my muscles.

I have neck damage so I would not get manually adjusted.

I have had good luck in the past with my back pain but not my headache/neck/shoulder/upper back issues.

I think having fibro. makes it harder to tolerate more aggressive treatments. Even what doc's call "gentle" has caused me more pain that doesn't go away with regular trmts.