What is your favorite mascara?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, May 25, 2008.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

About the only makeup I wear is mascara and undereye concealer (I call it "bag cover up"). I am currently using Cover Girl Multiplying mascara, but it's a bit wimpy. I also like the Maybelline Lash Discovery with the tiny little wand, but that's only good for the little lower lashes and the tiny upper inside lashes.

I like Estee Lauder Projectionist mascara--but I've only used the freebie that comes at gift time. I have a hard time justifying $20some dollars for a tube of mascara!

Like most people, I want good coverage, but not clumpy. I don't want to look like I have two caterpillars sitting on my eyes!

And how about all those choices! Regular or waterproof (I don't want to use baby oil-type remover). To be honest, I don't wash off my mascara at night. I know, bad bad. But I'm usually too tired and just get it off with my morning shower.

And then you have to decide if you want length or volume, eight different types of wands, six different colors, sheesh! It makes my head spin just picking out mascara!

I just bought some Maybelline Define-A-Lash, but haven't even opened the package yet. I'll let you know on that one.

So what do you all like for mascara? Thanks!

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2008]
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

due to fragrance/chemical issues. Every other one I've tried in the last few years makes my eyelids swell!

On the other hand, I haven't been going places lately where I felt the need to get "made-up" much.

Best wishes,
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I used to use Great Lash, too. It's funny that the tube is still the same color as years ago! I haven't used it for many years, but maybe it's time to give it a try again.

I tried Almay once, and for the life of me, I can't remember why it didn't work for me. I do use Almay makeup remover (when I actually remove the stuff!). It's the only makeup remover that doesn't bother my eyes.

I just went through my mascara and threw out three tubes. Neutrogena Weightless (more like worthless), Lash Discovery and Full 'n Soft. I date the bottom of my tubes, and these were all dated 08-05. Three years old--way past time to toss!

It's funny that whenever I'm going on a trip I buy new mascara. I'm about to go to Washington DC, so it's time for new mascara. I can look at the dates on my mascara and tell when the last time I went somewhere!

I have several tubes of waterproof mascara, just for funerals and weddings. I use Cover Girl Remarkable for those occasions. It's washable waterproof. It's not perfect, but it's not bad.
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Loreal "Voluminous" waterproof - less than $10.00.

It thickens and lengthens! Not flakey or clumpy. I used to try other kinds but always go back to this. Now I just get it, and if they are out of it, I wait.
  5. I have tried different ones but always go back to Maybelline Great Lash also. I read an article that most movie stars use it too. Its inexpensive and works good.

My daughters mil wears false eyelashes and LONG ones, they are so fake looking! LOL! I should wear them mine are so sparse. But its a chore just to put mascara on let alone lashes too.
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Is anyone here able to use contact lens and mascara? I have poor eyesight and wear glasses but sometimes wear contact lens if i feel i have the energy to get them on. But most eyemake up makes the contact lens smudge and its uncomfy.

God Bless
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for all your responses!!

4everkid - I think I tried L'Oreal Voluminous, but again I can't remember why it wasn't quite right for me. Maybe I'll give it another try.

I wear contacts and have since I was 16. I haven't had any problems with contacts and mascara. Well, that's not true. If I wear the waterproof mascara and then use the oil-based remover, sometimes I will get a film in my eyes that does interfere with my contacts. And I only use the remover with my contacts OUT. That's why I seldom wear waterproof mascara.

One issue I'm having lately is that I've switched to multi-focal contacts to "help" with reading (aging eyes, bleh!). Even with the "help", I still don't see well close up. So when I put my contacts in, I can't see what I'm doing for things like putting on mascara, clipping my fingernails, etc. I'm going to have to learn a new habit of putting on mascara BEFORE I put my contacts in. That's opposite of what I've done all my life. The fun of getting older!

Again, thanks for your replies!
  8. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I have been on a quest for the best mascara. I have tried them all. I just found a new one that I like. It is Lashblast by Covergirl. The brush is big and fat. No clumping, and super extending. I absoulutly LOVE IT!!!

It comes in waterproof or regular, I chose waterproof. It also is easy on the eyes. I can wear my contacts and I have no problems.

I hope you try it I think that you will like it.

9. poets

poets Member

Lash Blast by Cover Girl. It has this odd looking brush, and it really brings your lashes out.

10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Maybelline Great Lash
    L'oreal Voluminous
    L'oreal Lash Out
    L'oreal Telescopic
    CoverGirl Lash Blast
    Physician's Formula Plump Potion

Wow. Lots of good suggestions.

Concealer. That's a whole nother post! Right now I'm using Maybelline, but I've used CoverGirl, too. It's just the cheap tube that looks like a beige tube of lipstick.

I tried and really liked Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer. It is a liquid and is applied with a wand. It came in a square plastic bottle. I'm not sure they make it any more, and it was pretty expensive, but it lasted forever. I called it my "spackle". lol.
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

If I could afford it my vote is lancome definicial. Can't even spell it. Dr Phils wive says its her favorite and my too.

12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm using Lancolme (spelling?)

It's good, I got it online so it was halfprice as normal price expensive.

13. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

One night channel surfing by insomnia (c'mon, we all do it!) I saw some program that said all the expensive makeup was a waste of monry. I used NARS mascara at $22 a tube. I have two teenage girls, so I'd been cutting cosmetics coupons for them. The grocery store had a 50% off sale, so in with my coupons I went and bought mascaras, foundations, scrubs, etc. I'm now using Maybelline Define a Lash that cost me about five dollars, and it's actually better than the NARS I'd been usng for four years.

That's my two cents!