What is your favorite part about the Fall season

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I absolutly love fall.I love the smell,the leaves turning beautifl colors,the breeze in the air,the campouts,roasting marshmellows by a fire and drinking hot choc.

What are your favorites?
  2. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

My favorite is how on sunny days, the air is so clear and the sun shines through so brightly, but it is at a lower angle, so its not too hot or too strong, but feels so good, warming you from the nip in the air from that morning.

Hugs, Maggy
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Here in the Phoenix valley nothing much changes colors, there's nothing to really announce the fall. Our temperatures fall finally below 100, but not by much at first. It will be another month or maybe more before we have truly cool weather the way I like it.

But back in school it was the time for football games to start and we did bring out our new school clothes. I remember when school would start at the end of August or the first part of September we'd show up in our sweaters or long sleeved dresses and justs be damp with sweat.

My soul was meant to be back in West Virginia where my family came out here from. I've always felt the lack of four seasons was hard on my body.

But late in the evenings or early in the mornings at times in October there'd be a cool breeze and like it was said, I felt reborn somehow. Both of my children are July babies, lol, so obviously October was a time that got my blood flowing for sure.

It's odd now that I've had the FM for so long I don't feel that "feeling" of summer's end like I used to. I have always hated the summers here and the stifling heat that eats right into your bones. Since I got severe I don't go out that much any time, so it hasn't effected me much except when the electric bills arrive.

Now I'm hinting and pushing for a wood stove with the threats of utilities going up so much. We have central heating that uses natural gas in the house, so it's scarey. My life has been turned upside down and inside out for the last year with a move, no move situation..so all my things are still in boxes, some in storage..I don't know where anything is and don't even remember some of it.

I'm wondering if there's ANY chance I'll have it all back out and in any sort of order before Christmas. I'd love to have my things around me for
    Thanksgiving, but I am reasonably sure it's not going to happen unless a good fairy does it one night as I sleep. Haven't seen any good fairies in many a year!
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but already here in Scotland it is dull and damp and wet, sun has gone.

Hopefully we can get a few nice days so I can go to the park and enjoy the trees.

nice post.

love
    Rosie
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Not much ..... LOL Just kidding, sort of.

I think it is psychological ... a hold over from my childhood. Fall meant shool for several long months. It also meant that all the fun activities from summer where definitely over!

I do love having a fire going in the fireplace though. My husband's and my home is about 100 years old and has many fireplaces. We don't use all of them of course, but we use the one in the bedroom nearly nonstop once the weather turns.

I also love the smell around the neighborhood when people have their own fireplaces burning.

It just makes for a warm and loving environment.

We live far enough south that we don't always get the vibrant fall colors. Our leaves will change but we don't always get the hard frost and rain (earlier in year/summer)needed to really make the colors come alive.

I also absolutely love Halloween. That too is a psycho. hold over from childhood .. LOL ! The holidays with our family is something to treasure too.

I simply cannot stand the cold though. I have always been a spring (southern, very warm spring) and summer kind of girl, loving all the activities that go hand in hand with the those seasons.

I'm glad you posted this thread. It reminded me that there are indeed things about fall that I love to experience.

Hope you are doing well ......

Take care,

Elsa
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Ontario in the Fall is awesome .. the maples are absolutely stunning .. I have always loved this time of year even from childhood .. I am a Halloween NUT .. love to decorate and have a blast with the season .. one of the most beautiful places in Kingston is the Cataroquai Cemetery .. I know that sounds odd .. but the trees and gardens are old and so well cared for, it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen .. and I have been a lot of places .. Autumn is special anywhere but I'm glad I'm here !
    Fudge : )
  7. shelbo

shelbo New Member

golden, crimson, russet, yellow...just beautiful!
  8. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

Fall is my favorite season, I absolutely love the colors, the apples ripining, the smell of burning leaves. It's back to school, the fall cleanining, both inside and out. Planting bulbs to look foward to in the spring. The kids getting so excited about picking out their back to school supplies and their Halloween costumes. I love baking, and the cooler weather of fall is the perfect time to throw open the windows and bake my heart out!

For me fall is almost a season of renewal, life slows down, people slow down, you take the time to catch up with yourself and enjoy life again.

Simoriah
  9. Tiels

Tiels New Member

about Fall I love!! So nice to have a soft comfortor on the bed again, and cooking!!again! ;)
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Fires in the fireplace
    Georgia Bulldawg football
    Cool Crisp Air
    Fall Leaves
    Comfy Cozy sweatshirts
    Going to the pumpkin patch
    MAking a big pot of Chili
  11. twister425

twister425 New Member

riding my horse through the leaves on a quite trail.
    if I dont feel better soon i wont get to ride before the snow flies:(
  12. bapakay

bapakay New Member

I love the chilly rainy weather and all the fall leaves.
    halloween seems to always be wet and windy lately. each year we have less trick or treaters. kind of sad!!!
  13. auntcon

auntcon New Member

Driving through WV seeing the beautiful colors and saying oooohhh look over hear and AHHH look over there.
    CANDY CORN
    FOOTBALL

(but the weather change wreaks haovic on my muscles)
    Con
  14. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

The morning glories die a natural death after plaguing my flowers all summer.

Anticipating Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In a way, this is the beginning of my year. Starting with a fresh outlook, new school supplies, new clothes.

Everything feels different when the weather cools.

Francie
  15. CatsKimber

CatsKimber New Member

What an uplifting topic. I needed that this morning. Thanks!
  16. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

I love the comfieness...the look..the feel of a big baggie sweater out in the cool, crisp air.

Dee