what is your fibrinogen level?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Feb 27, 2007.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

mine is 415. my ffc dr said it's best if under 275. the lab normal values were 175 - 425.

for those who know about this, do you think i should be taking anything to lower my level?

i do not know if i have any chronic viruses or infections- haven't been tested for those yet.
    thanks for any advise!
    bigmama2
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I just checked my Quest report and my Fibrinogen reading was 258. The FFC doctor told me that was a good range. Anywhere in the 200 is optimal.

[This Message was Edited on 02/27/2007]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

What did the FFC dr. recommend for high values?

I'm curious, too.

findmind
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

well he didn't recommend anything (yet) and i haven't been there in a while.

sorry i'm no help
  5. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi all--the fibrinogen level deals with your blood clotting factors, and if you are elevated but still in the normal range, i would just watch for "sharp type" activity (brain fog here!knives, shaving, etc). You probably bruise very easily, and if you take alot of aspirin, motrin, etc. you could try steering away from that. The only reason i would be very concerned is if i had a surgery coming up. Have a great day--L
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

does anyone think i should look into nattokinase?

has anyone been taking it and what are your results?

thanks bigmama2
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

What type of test do I ask for to get fibrinogen tested? About how much should it cost?

When I went to doc last summer, I ask for several tests including hyper-coagulation. She said that the hyper-coagulation test was very expensive ($200, I think), so I didn’t get it. Later, it occurred to me that since she doesn’t know anything about ME/CFS, she may have been thinking of a platelet test. I sure would have hated to spend that much money and get the wrong test!
  8. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

thanks empty. i am currently researching natto, and will probably try it. glad you are doing better.

llittle- i got mine tested at ffc. the test is called "fibrinogen". it is one of their standard tests that they run. i do not know what it costs.

bigmama2
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The HEMEX Lab website for info on the ISAC panel of tests. There is a lot of info there about fibrin overgrowth and hypercoagulation.

I took Heparin injections and it caused very strong immune reactions and Herxing.

Love, Mikie
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

as i read some of the post, I don"t even know what these test are.
    what amazes me is that you guys have decent health care,
    my Dr doesn"t do anything for me,I"ve had this for over12yrs now and been to many DRs in this area,they know nothing about this d.d. and they could care less.
    theres a lady in my town that told me she tried for many yrs to get help form the medical group,but after them giving her the run around she just stays home and trys to learn as much as she can,and take care of herself.
    this is the point I"m at right now.
    its so hard even our families don"t believe us because the Dr,s brush it off.
    my one hope is that through this message board that some light well be brought to this d,d,.
    and that future generations will have a cure for this.
    so glad that you guys are getting help.

sixtyslady