What is your first sign/symptom of ** Relapse**

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Dec 31, 2008.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I realize fatigue is our first sign, however we are always fatigued ! what I mean is that sometimes there are other signs and symptoms of major relapse.
    I know for me it is a sore throat and not the kind where you're getting a cold sore throat either.
    You just know the kind right away, following it is either a weak voice or loss of voice completely.

It is funny how others are always telling me "Oh you've got another cold, you better do something about that" when in fact I ve had this for years, and they still have not listened to me, goes to show you how others are not really listening to us. I have come to realize we are in this together and that is about it, cuz I ve witnessed over and over for years of being diagnosed with this, that really no one will really understand us, but US...

what are some of your first signs and symptoms I am just curious.
  2. loto

loto Member

Well, I didn't really realize I was having a "relapse", but knew that the pain I was having Saturday was worse than any I've had in a long time. My left arm mostly was hurting so badly. Just throbbing and throbbing, and it went straight down to my hand. My right one also hurt, but not as bad. And, my entire body felt weak. Sunday was slightly better, but not totally. It took many vicodin and heat pads to make my arm stop hurting so badly. I know what you mean about no one else understanding this disease! I'm so glad I found this website and message board. It's helped me tremendously!
  3. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Pain so bad I want to cry. I was doing so good until 11/07 when I had the right side of my large intestine removed. It has been down hill since then. The severest pain is from the waist down. I can barely move sometimes and just die when I stand up after sitting for a long time. I have a sedintery job and when I do get up I want to scream.

I am on Lyrica 25mg 3 x a day right now and take more if I feel I need it. It does not seem to be helping. After the first of the year I am going to talk to my doctor about taking more during the day or getting a stronger dose.

I only have to work 1 more year to be vested at this job and then I can either go part time or leave here and find something else part time. I am counting the days (366 left to go) LOL.

I have to have 2 more surgeries in January and I know my relapse will get even worse because of it. Everytime I have a surgery whether major or minor, FM gets worse.

Lets hope for a healthier 2009

4. panthere

panthere Member

For me it's sore throat, enlarged lymph nodes and temperature of around 100.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I get the overall feeling of fatigue and horrible aching all over my body. I feel like I can barely lift my arms, all of my systems feel as if they're going to fail for lack of energy. Kind of feel that way right now, darn it!!!

All I can do to feel better is take my Norco and rest...it's naptime :)
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

sore throat, sore, swollen lymph glands, worse pain.... and a feeling that I don't really know how to explain, but it's like the little energy I manage to have feels false....sort of like when I had the flu pre-CFS and was getting better, there was that false sense of energy, but I knew that if I actually tried to do much, I would be immediately wiped out again....don't know if that makes any sense or if anyone else gets that feeling (and can explain it better?)
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I also get more temperature sensitive....fluctuate between getting chilled easily and burning up
  8. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I feel a lot of what AuntTammie mentioned. Sudden sore throat, swollen lymphs, flu-like ache, I get an off and on fever, and also headaches, stomach problems, and.. I don't know if this is the same thing she's explaining, but it's like this "wired" feeling in your brain where it feels like energy, but it's not. I think it's the absence of sleepyness; as if you had too much coffee and your head is restless, but your body feels terrible.

That's for an M.E. relapse, by the way. FM flare-ups just attack me with worsening pain over the course of a day or two while it builds up, but that's the only warning.
  9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

With my FM, I get no warning whatsoever. Many days I'm just saying "oh no" to myself when I wake up with horrible aches, on my drive to work, my shins start in (after I've taken medication) and it gets worse from there. Many times outloud I find myself saying "you've got to be kidding me!" Like I can't take one more day of it. You'd think I'd learn by now but I always hold out for hope.
  10. Scribelle

Scribelle New Member

First my muscles begin to act wierd. Things feel heavier, my wrists go floppy, I have trouble keeping my balance, and my diaphragm doesn't want to do its work breathing. Then I spaz in various places as trigger points set in. Finally, I have to sleep on & off for days. I try to pace myself, but life isn't well paced, so when things get busy, the symptoms show up earlier and more intense.
  11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Generally is those little muscle twitches, can happen anywhere in my body.

Sue in Ontario