What is your NK Cell count?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gettingwell, Jun 24, 2008.

1. gettingwell

gettingwell New Member

Just wondering what people's NK Cell count is on this board.

Thanks.

GW
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I suppose you're talking about NKC activity?

Mine has been somewhere between 4 and 10.

Normal is 19+.

However, considering that on one test my total viral load was something like 40x normal, I believe that the NKC activity should have been more like 100+.

My total NKC count was low on the last test I took too.

Poison mold (a problem of mine) is said to decrease NKC counts. I've yet to get info out of the mold literature that discusses activity, but I suspect that's influenced too.
  3. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I don't remember the scales, since my doctor seems to have stopped testing it regularly. But I ran about 10% of normal. Diane
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

The doctor who ordered the test is not my regular CFS doctor. I may send the results to him to get his opinion, although I don't know what, if anything, can be done to raise the level of NK cells. It's good information to have, though.<BR>
    <BR>
    Pain can certainly make you tired - that's how I usually feel after shopping, although my fatigue is not pain-related. Hopefully you'll perk up after resting a bit -<BR>
    <BR>
    Mary
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

The doctor who ordered the test is not my regular CFS doctor. I may send the results to him to get his opinion, although I don't know what, if anything, can be done to raise the level of NK cells. It's good information to have, though.<BR>
    <BR>
    Pain can certainly make you tired - that's how I usually feel after shopping, although my fatigue is not pain-related. Hopefully you'll perk up after resting a bit -<BR>
    <BR>
    Mary
  6. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I should add that amino acids helped me feel better and my NK cells went up - not dramatically, but significantly. Diane
  7. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Mine was 6, which is low. 8 is the bottom of the scale my lab uses.

Tina
  8. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Mine have been sooo low at times it's scary. doc tried to get them up, they did a little bit but not much.i see her in august so we will see what shes gonna do next.
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

Just looked mine up. Couple years ago mine were 8.7, with a range of 20-50. Not good.
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I think at the last test mine was also 6.

Forebearance
  11. Katetoo

Katetoo New Member

I had mine done at Quest. Their norm is 8-170. Mine was 25. My doctor said that they like to see it at 100.
  12. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Natural Killer cells

absolute lmphocytes 1318 (850-3900)

CD3-CD16+CD56 - Absolute 114 (70-760)
    CD3-CD16+CD56 - Percentage 9 (4%-25%)

Quest Diagnostice - Chantilly VA - Nov 2006
  13. deliarose

deliarose New Member

My reading was 5 on a Quest test in late 2006. Range was 8-170!

Dr Joe Brewer wrote me that that was "compatible with what we see in other CFS patients."

I about dropped dead.
  14. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Note that my low NK cell counts were caused by toxic mold poisoning. As far as I know, I don't have Lyme disease.

That's why I was talking about how great the HLA-DR genetic test is. It can tell you whether you should be looking for Lyme or looking for mycotoxins.

Love,
    Forebearance