What is your passionthe thing you would do and enjoy it even if

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jun 2, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I mentioned this on another post but was afraid I wouldn't get many responces.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I'd have said pursuing my art...

but this disease and my finding my son has chronic Lyme --

(same symptoms as mine, plus worse -- I just haven't spent the $$ to be tested myself, doing a (cheaper) experimental protocol (Marshall Protocol) that is working for me)

has changed me and my passion from art to wanting to get more politically involved to publicize and hopefully increase the money spent on diagnosing and treating Lyme and other stealth pathogens.

All now dependent on my continuing to get better of course... but if my son had Lyme but I was well, at this point I'd feel the same.

These have been life-changing difficulties ...

Victoria

3. damz68

damz68 New Member

Wildlife photography!
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Reading....

Anything and everything, from Bible to medical mysteries, to serial killer mysteries, science fiction, you name it, I read it!

And I've just been told i've got maculer degeneration, so I hope I outlive it and can read until the last time I close me eyes...

but, ya know what?

If I can't, I'll listen to books on tape!!

And gab away at everyone who comes near me, LO

Good post, thanks
    findmind
  5. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

One of my loves and the one thing in the world that centers me and relaxes me is running. Before this terrible disease took hold I was training for the NYC marathon. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons I can't run now. I work out, but running is out of the question. I will find another passion one of these days.
  6. amberdotcom

amberdotcom New Member

I don't have a table big enough for them - used to sit on the TV room floor for HOURS, especially in the winter, watching shows or movies and putting puzzles together.
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

Exercising (stairmaster, etc.)and walking, cooking, gardening, going into more than a couple of stores at the mall! Maybe start taking a course at the junior college - like a foreign language.
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I used to love to cook and have friends over. We would play music and eat and socialize. It was great, great fun.

Another dream I've always had is to have a business. I would open up a Tea House. It would be a lovely place to come for lunch and afternoon tea. I would also have little girl dress-up tea parties.

Oh, well...I can dream

Good thread.

Lola
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

I've alway's wanted a cabin in the woods!! to be among the wildlife and the breath taking scenery of the forest!..............................maybe thats because i grew up in a very rural area! and go there as much as possible!.......................................gardening growing every thing i eat (well almost) don't know why it's just me i guess!!
  10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Would be to sky jump! I have always wanted to do this and was well on my way to pursuing it, until my Fibro kicked in, three years ago.

I have many other passions, but this one was the standout.

My husband gave me a ride in an hot air balloon for an hour. It's my 50 birthday today. I have always wanted to float in the air. Bless his heart!

Kim
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

hot air ballon ride !! sounds like a perfect thing to do for your B.D. i'm sure it's something you will treasure for a life time! sisland
  12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Training horses is my passion. I don't know if I will ever recover to the point of having enough enery to work with a horse. Even if I have the energy, my financial situation my not ever allow me to have a horse. Chronic illnesses are the pits!
  13. mischuv

mischuv New Member

for me but I find it hard to fit in with being a mum and a student so I don't get it done much anymore :( Also I have to really pick my time to do it because I find it really ard on my hands and I love to do it on the floor with everything spread out everywhere - unfortunatly it takes me ages to be able to get up of the floor due to fm lol...
  14. MrsRedBear

MrsRedBear New Member

My passion is to help others.
    I try at any given opportunity to be of help... In any way I am capable of. This makes me feel like a contributing part of the human race. Sometimes, I don't have much to give, but I will give it if I can, and I will always have this passion.
  15. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

If I had to pick one this, my only wish would be that I could ride the Harley with my husband and go on trips with him. He is involved in several programs that require him to travel and speak all the time. He always wants me to go with him, but most times my health won't allow it. I've loved riding motorcycles my whole life and even have my own Harley collecting dust in the garage because I can't ride it anymore.
  16. Scarlett2

Scarlett2 New Member

I would love to be able to have a cottage by the sea where I could paint, work on photography, read and study. But alas, real life doesn't allow us such luxuries as that. :(

Scarlett
  17. mimilove

mimilove New Member

PASSION itself!!!! Whatever I have, has killed my spirit, passion to be me. I can't get used to this person.

My passion, the one thing I would enjoy is to be ME. Just the way I was, nothing more......nothing less.

Love
    Mimi
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I guess my passion has always been in my voluteer work.I like to help people ,when everyone else has given up on finding a way to help I would come up with creative things to help.
    I use to dream about owning my own flower bussiness ,I love to do silk flower arrangeing .My hands do not work like they use to ,to much pain after just a few mins.
    I also had a passion about being a good mom.I love children
    You know this DD has taken away my passions in life its sad really really sad
  19. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

My passion has always been involvement with horses. I used to be a therapeutic riding instructor and had a working plan to open up a NARHA center of my own.

So if I was still able, I would continue in that persuit. I so miss the children and horses!
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Read.

Marta