What is your pet peeve? just for fun post

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My pet peeves are to

1. pay for parking

2. why are the big size bras always on the floor where we can't bend to see them?

3. WAITING....... waiting for anything from a red light to holding a portable phone in your hand all day waiting for a doctor's office to call
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Can't speak to your second one, Asatrump, but I can relate to #3 and have a few of my own:

1. Commercials that are louder than the TV show (they do this intentionally. Do advertisers not think we are paying attention?)

2. Calling customer service for a company and getting India or the Phillipines (not because of the people on the line, but because of the way companies try to maximize profit by hiring cheap labor abroad). And having to pay for customer service! My wireless router company, Netgear, is now charging $36 for a customer service call to India!

3. crass, overly-energetic morning radio or TV shows ("The Daily Buzz").

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hate it when people are habitually late for everything. Drives me nuts.

I can relate to your number 2, Asatrump....grrrr!

4. sisland

sisland New Member

I guess my pet peeve is Lazy People who won't help themselves, even though they have all the abilities to do so!,,,,,,S
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

1. cords for vacums, shampooers and floor cleaners. Why do they make the things with the cords coming out of the lowere part of the machine??? Sure they make that little thingy to put the cord in the handle but it never stays. I am always stepping on it or it is always in my way.

The can put a man on the moon, make a car that runs on a battery why can't they make a decent vacum without a cord. Besides that little robot disk thingy.

2. People in stores that talk on the phone and ignore everything and everyone around them then leave their buggy in your way.

3. Dr's that do not take people seriously, we know are bodies more than they do.

Thank you I feel much better now. Carla
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

People who ask me my pet peeve! Just kiddin'

Stop and smell the puppies!
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I did stop to smell the puppies 27 times. That is how many litters I had between 1979 and 1989. BUT, there was no smell, clean, clean, clean. Even when I had 3 litters within NINE days. Another time I had two litters within a week..... and when calls came in they kept asking the price of the females. I said there are no females. But you advertised two litters. Yep, total of 8 males.

Shih Tzu are very slow pups to mature, get sticky when walking through baby cereal, but ahhhhhhhhhhh after that first bath are the cutest things in the world.

By the way, I am retired now and a bit saner with just one dog. Like a normal person tee hee..
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It's that wonderful puppy breath! Don't you miss it?

I have two fuzzy kids. Rey, my 3 year old golden and Aster, our 11 year old lab.

Never raised litters of puppies. Had my kids neutered early.

Although Rey is show quality I didn't plan to show him and didn't think his conformation was outstanding enough (except to me of course!) to improve the breed. We did show in Rally-o, which we loved, but I can't do it anymore :(

Aster is way too tall and lanky to meet breed standard and she told me she didn't want to have puppies!

The breeder I bought Rey from raised all the pups in the house and you would never have known walking into the house that there were any dogs at all in there! When we went to fill out our application, be interviewed and meet the pups I was amazed that there was no odor at all in her house. Well, of course until you picked up a pup and got that great puppy breath smell!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  9. caffey

caffey New Member

3 out of 4 designated parking spots taken by people without stickers on their cars.

aisles that aren't wide enough to get my walker down or displays blocking the aisles.

people who ask how am I and then tell me they know how I feel because their knee hurts.

no staff available to help get stuff off the bottom shelf in the grocery store or any store

people who slam doors on me

my ktty who snores loudly and hogs the bed by sleeping side ways. lol.

my kitty who steals my recliner and wails when I move her. lol.

[This Message was Edited on 04/12/2007]
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

"Heart and Soul" on the piano......although I haven't heard it for some time! Maybe it's finally died out.......
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

Are you ready for my long list?!!!!!!

Here goes .....

- Drivers not turning on their headlights when it is becoming dark.

- When it’s dusk and some drivers only turn on their "parking" lights!

- When people judge you on your appearance, particularly if you are overweight.

- Bad mannered people.

- Men eating with their hats on.

- Holding your fork improperly while eating.

- Eating with your mouth open.

- Not washing your hands before eating.

- Not washing your hands after you have used the toilet.

- Not saying "thank you or you're welcome when appropriate.

- Parents not teaching their children to write thank-you notes when appropriate.

- Older children thinking making bodily function noises is funny.

- Not showing proper respect for your elders.

- Seeing dirty children in public places --> little children with dirty, bare feet; dirty faces; hair not combed, etc.

- Babies out in public not properly clothed. --> Infants in carriers in A/C'd stores with no socks or footies on and in just a diaper. You are supposed to dress your children like you would dress -- would you walk bare foot, in only your underwear for 2 hours through someplace like a WalMart Supercenter and freeze in the A/C? No. Then put some clothes and socks & shoes, or footies on that baby!! I gues this pet peeve should really read: Ignorant Mothers/Parents!!!

- General ignorance and incorrect use of the English language when the person talking should know better! For example, people in the area of the US where I am from will say "has he ate today?" instead of "has he EATEN today?", or "he is going to have his school pictures took tomorrow" instead of "he is going to have his school pictures TAKEN tomorrow", or "I have to go home and bath the dog" instead of "I have to go home and BATHE the dog", and I could go on and on forever. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves! I make errors myself, but I don't think I am that bad!! LOL

- People who lack proper hygiene!!!!! Have you even passed someone in a public place who smell so badly that you want to gag?!!!!!

- Men who don’t shave their necks as often as they should (between haircuts) and have a decent looking hair cut, but this hairy neck!! Ugh!

- Men who have hair growing out of their nose and ears.

- Men who have big, bushy eyebrows that need trimmed.

- Parents who are mean to their children.

- People who (are ignorant and) pull toddlers up from the floor by their arms. (Duh, you will pull their arms out of socket—-someone did this to my grandson!)

- The entire system of tipping for service when the person should be paid for their job by their employer, not by me! Nobody ever tipped me for doing my job.

- When a restaurant will AUTOMATICALLY add the tip to your bill!!!! Hate it!!! What if you server were rude? Was slow? Never came back to get you what you need? Messed up everything on your order?

- People who are built like a little Barbie Doll talking during your group lunch about nothing but how many calories are in their food, or how many carb, fat grams, etc., and all they may be eating is a salad! While there are "normal" size people, and some "generously endowed" people, eating "regular food" and feeling uncomfortable the entire time they eat, because they aren't eating rabbit food like their skinny diet-obsessed lunch partners are.

- Rude people who make comments about others who may be overweight, may not be extremely beautiful (you have a face that only your mother could love!), may be disfigured, or handicapped.

- People with a negative attitude 24/7, 365 days/year.

- Traditional wedding ceremonies where the minister says to the bride "do you take this man to love, honor, and OBEY"? (The word "obey" should be taken out and replaced with "cherish"!!!!! A woman in this day and time does not have to OBEY her husband!!!! Cherish – yes. But, she does not have to OBEY him, or anyone!!! (Except the law!)

- At the end of wedding ceremonies where the minister will say "now I pronounce you MAN and wife." Kiss the bride ....
    Another no-no!! It should not be "MAN and wife". It should be "husband and wife"!!!!!! If you say the word "man", then you should say the word "woman." So, would the minister say "now I pronounce you man and woman"???????? No! So the correct thing to say is "husband and wife."

That's all I can think of right now!!! LOL
  12. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

1. Grocery baggers overload the bags. They put about 10 very heavy items in a very flimsy plastic bag, which almost always breaks by the time it gets to your car. The bag weighs about 20 pounds. DUH.

2. Leafblowers---they're very noisy, the gas is smelly, and they're basically useless.

3. Neighbors who refuse to control their animals.

4. Road rage. If you need to drive like a suicidal maniac, I don't want to be a part of it!
  13. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My pet peeves:

1. People who whine and moan about decisions when they weren’t there to help make them.
    2. People who are passive-aggressive and won’t take care of things without resorting to sick tactics.
    3. People who take up more than one parking space with shiny new cars.
    4. People who are so PC they can’t say anything original.
    5. People who chew gum and food with their mouths open.
    6. Young girls and women who are overweight and wear shorts / or short skirts /or pants that are tight with tight shirts.
    7. Young boys and men who wear their pants below their underwear.
    8. Parents that allow children to run everywhere in stores. No bad kids, just bad parents!
    9. Dirty kitchens and bathrooms. (I learned early on not to eat in a restaurant if their restroom is dirty. I’m in public health, believe me this is true!)
    10. Dog owners that won’t pick up the poop from their pups!
    11. Drivers that drive too close and cut in front too close when passing.
    12. Women that wear hair rollers in public.
    13. Men that aren’t gentlemen to women.

Okay, there were 13 pet peeves ... just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Just grumpy grandma today I guess – thanks for letting me vent

l. People who cough in public and don't cover their mouth!

2. People who block the isles with their shopping cart and wander off.

3. Garbage trucks that arrive before the sun is up.

4. People who ask personal questions that are none of their business, but feel they have a right to know.

5. People who put you on hold to answer another call and then ask if they can call you back because so-and-so just called..never mind that you called first...grrrrr

15. kriket

kriket New Member