What is your pulse rate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mamalovinit, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I seen a post about getting your heart rate up during exercise and it made me wounder...

My pulse rate stays up most of the time. I run around 92 or 95. I've read my pulse at 110 from just walking into the store. My dh is always around 70 or 75.

At times mopping the floor or things like that my pulse will just fly. I feel weak at times from doing the smallest amount of labor. I can feel my pulse race away with me.

So I was wondering what everyone else's pulse rate was?

Mamalovinit
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Normal Pulse Rate: 60

My pulse rate will be different than the rest of you!

One of my heart problems is called "Bradycardia" - this is when your heart beat is too slow. Of course, I also have problems with the opposite end of the spectrum -- "Supraventricular Tachcardia" which is a really fast heart rate, and I also have atrial fibrillation, which is another irregular beat problem where the heart stops and starts again--I have a couple more heart problems but I won't go in to them!

Anyway, due to my rythem problems, I had to have a pacemaker put in. It is set to not let my heart beat go LOWER than 60 (or it will kick in), or higher than 120.

Most of the time it stays at 60 or 62. If I'm sick, etc., it will go higher -- but never higher than 120!! Or my little pacer will kick in!

jlh
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2005]
  3. happygranny

happygranny New Member

That was a question I had a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering what people's resting heart rate was.

You could do a search under my name happygranny and look to about 2 weeks ago under a title about resting heart rate. A lot of the people who answered have a higher than normal heart rate, but not everyone.

Jeannie
  4. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

normal for you or is that what the normal persons pulse rate suppose to be?
    M
  5. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Thanks I went back and read all of the postings from your post.

Now do I go back and bug the doctor about this....

M
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm not for sure, but isn't a "normal" (if there is such a thing as normal) resting heart rate supposed to be around 70 - 75??????

Can't remember.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2005]
  7. Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze New Member

The doctor I saw last visit told me a "normal" pulse rate is in the 60's. I was recently prescribed a beta blocker (Topral XL) for my "white-coat hypertension", sensitivity to otherwise "normal" stimuli, and anxiety symptoms.

So far, it has done a good job of controlling both my blood pressure and pulse rate. My pulse rate now stays where it belongs (in the 60's) and even if it does rise occasionally, it only goes up to around 80. My blood pressure averages about 115/72. Very happy with the results!

As far as the benefit for the anxiety, I am much calmer. Still feel a bit anxious once in a while but it is no longer totally out of my control. This is the only med I take and it works!

Hugs, Summerbreeze
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Just checked my pulse it is 57 but it has been as low as 45. but with activity it will increase and when I am at the doctors office it is around 68 because I am always
    anxious..

I mentioned this to my doctor about the low rate and she did an ekg which was abnormal then I had the holter and echo which they said were okay.

I am still concerned about having a heart problem and wonder if that is why I am so tred and any activity makes me worse..

The doctor doesn't seem concerned but I am..

greagran
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

I take xanax daily and was wondering if this could be one reason my heart rate is so low.. Never thought to ask the doctor, but I would probably get oh it could be
    answer...
  10. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Checked it here at work. Mine has been low for the past year. Low blood pressure as well. I have an appointment with my rheumatologist in August, so I'm going to talk to him about it.

At least it's still beating!

Eileen
  11. kathyann34

kathyann34 New Member

Mine is 104 right now. It has a tendency to stay pretty high. I also have times when my heart just races, when I'm up and vaccuuming or mopping and it has been know to get up to 136, but my blood pressure is almost always very low...it usually runs 96/66 or in that area, it never goes over 128/74. My temp also runs pretty low, sometimes it runs normal, but usually it is lower. Hope this helps,
    Kath
  12. Vada

Vada New Member

Just took my bp, i've been siting all morning. I tend to have a low bp so here are results: bp= 93/58, pulse=68 LaVada
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

mamalovinit:
    This probably does not count because I take hypertension medicine, but usually run 80-88.
    NyroFan
  14. stampfreak

stampfreak New Member

Mine runs high due to my arrhythmias/tachycardia with mitral valve prolapse. I take Verapamil to slow it down, without it, it runs much higher.
  15. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Mine used to always be about 100 for about 5 years. I kept telling docs that it seemed to be so fast, but since it was within the 60-100 range no one seemed to care. Then I started having arrythimia issues and was put on a beta blocker, it still runs about 80-95 most of the time. I looked through past medical records and it used to be 60 all the time, wish I knew what made it go from 60 resting to 100 resting..??
  16. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

My resting heart rate is never under 100-110 and has been that for years. When I am shopping and take my blood pressure at the pharmacy area it averages around 125. My niece who is an RN told me a long time ago that eventually my heart will be affected. Well, she was right and now I have (as Dr Cheney describes) congestive heart failure. I would give anything to have a decent doctor. But I live in Canada remember? Those animals are rare and I haven't seen one in the last 25 years. Gwen
  17. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Is that like when my heart feels like it is kicking?

DH has put his head to my chest and said it felt like my heart was kicking him.

Mamalovinit
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

If you pulse is 45 and 57 like you said, that is the reason why you are so tired. If your resting pulse is 45 very often and your family doc is not aware of it, you should most definitly make it aware of it!!!!!

Like AcesNanna, I take heart medication to make my heart rate slower because of all the heart irregularities that I have; however, my cardiologist said it should not go below 60! That is why my pacemake is set to kick in if it goes lower than 60.

Why I was hospitalized with Bradycardia, my heart rate was getting down to 35, and not going about 45-50.

Even tough my cardiologist wants my pulse to stay at around 60, he said that is one reason why I remain so tired, but I would just have to tolerate the fatigue, because he wanted my pulse to stay that way.

Sometimes nurses will take it at it will slip down to 58 or 59 and then the pacemaker kicks in while they are listening to my heart!
  19. cerise

cerise New Member

I can't remember the last time my pulse was below 80! Usually it's in the 90's.

However my blood pressure is extremely low. Last doctor's appt it was something 70 over 58 but it's usually 110/70.

So what does this all mean???
  20. Bambi

Bambi New Member

80's all the time now. At the height
    of my severe pain it stayed at 110 for 2 years and a few times a little more. As soon as I got on the pain meds and reduced the pain by at least
    5 points on average it went down.

They kept telling me I had the "heart of a hummingbird" and that the 110 was "normal", it was not. It had never been that high before and I had
    been walking regularly as well as swimming most every day at that time.
    So pain can raise it.