What is your pulse rate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, May 29, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I've been curious what everyone's pulse rate is? Mine fluctuates so much. It can be in the mid 80's sitting down, then once I get up and walking it is anywhere in the 90's to 100. Is this normal for it to go up and down like this?

Let's get a poll going. Please post your pulse rate when sitting and then when up. Curious if our sensitive ANS system with FM and CFS has alot to do with fluctuations.

Thanks,
    Tania
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Mine is anywhere from 45 to 130. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting, standing, moving, sleeping or whatever. It bounces around like a ping pong ball.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Good Topic. I think a lot of us can hear our heartbeat too or it resounds over our body in our ears etc. So we are very aware of our pulse. Mine is higher than it used to be. It fluctuates to, without any reason, from 68 to over 100 just sitting down. It always used to be low though.

I wonder if meds cause it?

Love Anne C
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Laying down= 60
    Sitting up= 60-80
    Standing up 5 minutes 100-129.

Possible Postural Tachycardia. Who knows. My biggest problem during flares is the postural problems. I can't stand up for long during a flare.

Summer heat makes me close to faint.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2006]
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

from person to person dependendent on the activity.

Here is a link to help in checking pulse correctly.

http://www.cchs.net/health/health-info/docs/0900/0984.asp?index=5508

Normal at rest rate is anywhere from 60 bpm-100 bpm.
    (bpm = beats per minute)

I also think medication would have a lot to do with it. Last time I checked I was in normal range.

Interesting question,

Karen
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

My normal resting pulse is between 60-66. I've had it go even as low as 48 beats per minute, and that's when I feel just awful. When I'm up and about it's about 80 or so. However, it's important to remember that the normal resting pulse is between 60 to 100 bpm, so variations are normal. Also, when you are up and moving around, your pulse will tend to be higher.

Hope this helps. Gentle healing hugs.

Kim