What is your state Bird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Apr 3, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Montana, Has the Lovley singing Meadowlark! Got this idea from Rock on another post,,,,Lol Hope he doesn't mind!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...I am a native Californian, almost 60 years old, and I had to Google it to find out what our bird is...a valley quail.

I like that choice...quail are neat little birds, fun to watch.

Good thread, Sis...I might learn a few things. Is there a quiz at the end?

3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

5. teacher

teacher New Member

The Cardinal
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

We got a great thread going! Sue no Quiz.Lol i just happen to be a big bird fan!,,,,,,Now we have some chickadees and robins back for spring!,,,,,,
    also we always have crows or Ravens,,,,also pheasents and Quails around! Thanks for participating! on occasion in mid to end of summer we see and hear woodpeckers and Bluejays also the camp robbers,,,,,,,,
    I Have a big stone Bird bath with a squirrel perched on top (also stone!) right outside the living room window where i can watch them all taking a bath (fun)

I also have a bird Feeder but the neighbors don't like it Because it brings the crows in and they are really noisey, so had to move it. on occasion there are black swallows and Finches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  7. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

For Indiana
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

Don't feel too bad Sue, I had to look mine up too. New Yorks State bird apparently is the Bluebird. I think it should be the Penguin, cause it's so cold here.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

The Cardinals are in the Lead! lol! 3 states so far for them!,I thought every state had a different one also! Elliespad~~~Lol Penquins Have become very popular latley,,,,,,,,With all the Movies out about them.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Really enjoy seeing the occasional bald eagle, and the Hawk,,,also on one of the dirt roads south of here there's a big grey owl that sits up on a Telephone pole ,,,,,I see him about 3 or 4 times a year,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks! S
  10. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

I used to live in Montana and I could have sworn their state bird was the mosquito.
    I'm in Oregon now and the state bird is the Western Medowlark. But I see way more Turkey Buzzards and crows than medowlarks.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

Fight~~~~~Oh How The cats love Birdzza! lolol

Lois~~~~~~Yep We Do Have alot of mosquitos!lol,,, Especialy if it's a rainy summer! Where abouts did you live in Montana?,,,,Yep i'm sure it's the MeadowLark,,,,S
  12. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I used to live in Oklahoma and the state bird is the scisser tailed fly catcher. I just like saying it. Give it a try: scisser tailed fly catcher. Just feels good on the tongue! Of course it helps if you have a southern accent!

13. lois1023

lois1023 New Member

I lived in Conrad. About 65 miles from Great Falls
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

lolol,,Lot's of loons up here in the montana woods also! and yeasterday it snowed 1/2 inch in the morning and melted by 11:am and then got really windy in the afternoon ,,,,,,,,,,,,,the sun came out about 3:pm and got up to a whopping 48 degrees in the evening!,,,,Go Figure!

Love the comment about the robin calling the airline! cute!,,,,,,,S

Lois~~~ O.K. i know where Conrad is! it's east of here in the flat country,,,,gets really cold and windy over there! I would have moved tooo!,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2007]
  15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I just saw a cardinal this morning in someone's yard.k We have them frequently in our lilac bush. So beautiful!!!

hugs to those from IN and OHIO!!!! :>)

And I will include the rest of u too.
  16. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The Roadrunner

Meep Meep!
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Ken,,,,The Road Runner and Wylie Cyoteee tooo! compliments of the acme company! thanks to Them Wylie is still alive!,,,lol,,,,,Lilac,,,thanks for chimeing in!
  18. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Maryland has the beautiful Baltimore Oriole.
  19. llama

llama New Member

Sorry to be boring...but our state bird is also the Cardinal. Apparently, most all of the mid-west has this same bird..lol.

20. sisland

sisland New Member

Baltimore orioles! Yea for the team and the Birds! lol i'll have to look it up? are they red in color too?

llama,,,,Thats ok! that makes 4 states with the cardninals! i think it's because they are such beautiful red Birds,,,,They must prefere to live in the midwest!,,,,,,,,,,thanks for participating everyone!