What kind of Antidepresssant?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellbear, Feb 26, 2003.

1. kellbear

kellbear New Member

My ENT doctor wants to start me on an Anti-Depressant until I or he can find me a doctor who is CFIDS knowledge. There are tons of Anti-Depressants out today. What have you been on that has helped the best?
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

a very low dose 25mg to help me sleep and also this helps for the pain. I too had to make the decision of which one I wanted to go on.
  3. Cindi

Cindi New Member

For me, Zoloft helped the most, but it caused me to gain 17 pounds in 3 months!! I went off of it after this happened. I also gained weight on Prozac. I've now been on Celexa for over a year, with little weight gain (maybe just a few pounds). It seems to help my overall well-being :)

Cindi
  4. TurtleInaBox

TurtleInaBox New Member

hi,

i took prozac briefly (a few months) -it did nothing for me except make me a little fatter....

currently i take celexa -it's alright i guess...no real side affects, except the lack of sex drive - but i'm too darn tired for that anyway!

this friday im going to ask my doctor to consider something other than celexa - i'm still sad...bored to be alive - something like that, just can't explain.

good luck and dont be afraid to try different ones...
  5. shell

shell New Member

I am taking lexapro again. I took a two week trial then went off of it for a couple of months. I started having horrible headaches and decided to try it again. The headaches have gone away after only one week of taking them. My anxiety is also 99 percent better. They make your heart beat a little fast at the beginning but got use to that after a few days.

Good luck!