What kind of bed do you sleep in?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lorifay, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Lorifay

Lorifay New Member

My hubby, in desperation, bought me a Sleep Number bed hoping it would help with the morning stiffiness. Slept on it first time last night and it is different. I did wake up not as stiff and sore and seemed to not toss and turn as much....only remember waking up to shift positions 4 times as opposed to every 15 minutes. What do ya'll sleep on? Notice any difference when you switched beds?
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I sleep on a bed which is so soft that the store quit carrying it because people complained it was too soft. It's all I can sleep on. It's like sleeping on a clowd. But I still wake up several times at night due to discomfort. Still, I can't sleep anywhere else. I dread going on trips because I know I'll be in pain.

Sofi
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I just LOVE my adjustable bed and would highly recommend it. Throughout the night whenever I start to hurt I can - with a touch of the remote - change my sleeping position. I can raise/lower my head/feet, until I find a more comfortable position. It's great for reading and watching TV, as well. God bless, Anne Theresa
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I sleep on Featherbeds, and I just ordered a new verison, this morning, on hsn.
    This will be my 4th one, I have one that I folded over, and put on my Couch, it is so comfortable that way.
    Can't get the DH off of it, lol, just kidding.

This one has a Downtopper, and I can't wait to sink into it. This will make 3 on my bed, kinda like the Princess and the pea, lol.
    Dosen't make me sleep better, just makes me more comofortable, during the time I spend laying down, which is a lot some day's, you know?

Glad you found a Bed that you like for sleeping, it sure does make a different, Sweet Dreams, ;o)
    sharonk
  5. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I have been using a sleep number for about 8 years. I love it. Sometimes I want the bed a little harder, sometimes I'm a little sensitive and want it softer. I do sleep better and feel my wife less when she moves or tosses because each side is separated from the other.

6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

and really like it. It is firm, but soft.

GBHope
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I just roll my memory foam topper-secure it with bungee cords and put it on whatever I'm sleeping on.

I also have a memory foam mattress and pillow that I love.The pillow had to be broken in before I found it comfortable.Linda
  8. brie

brie New Member

My husband bought us a select comfort so you would think that the problem would be licked but I must tell you as soft as it will go ;is not soft enough. I am looking for that cloudlike softness. I am up several times a night... not to mention these bed hold heat and you feel like you are roasting alive. To me they are not as comfortable as they say they are but then it could be that people like us are super sensitive to feel . I just know if anyone has the answer for softness in the beds .....please share it.