What kind of doctor do I take the Igenex Western Blot test too???

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kriket, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. kriket

    kriket New Member

    I have a test that I have ordered from Igenex. Western Blot test. I don't have any idea what kind of doctor to take it too, also since I already have the test, what do I say??

    I have already taken it to my reg. doctor and he has signed, but I can tell that he does not want to even mess with it and is trying to blow me off by saying that there have been no known cases reported in Texas. HELLO!!!! How stupid do I really look. I have a friend that has it and she lives in Dallas Ft. Worth, Tx. DUH!!!!

    I need a doctor to take me serious and one that is going to work with me in case it does turn out that I do have it.

    Please give me some advice on where to start with a catergory of doctors. How do I approach them about it and what do I say to the people in the lab dept. since Igenex has their own tubes??


  2. munch1958

    munch1958 Member

    Can you take the tubes to a Quest facility? Or Labcorp? I think you can pay them a processing fee to draw and ship your blood.

    Find out if the specimen needs to be sent frozen or on dry ice? You also want to do the test early in the week so your blood isn't sitting somewhere all weekend.

    I was looking into getting a Hemex hypercoagulation panel done this way but couldn't find a doctor willing to play with dry ice. My next step is to find out if one of those labs will do this for a fee. Otherwise I need to drive or fly back to my LLMD to have it done.
  3. mollystwin

    mollystwin New Member

    If so, check with them for a doctor. Or how about your friends doctor? It is difficult to find a doctor who understands lyme disease. Or if your doctor signed off on it, I think that means you can go to a lab to get the test done. Then if it's positive you can take it to a LLMD once you find one.

    Good luck!
  4. grace54

    grace54 New Member

    I heard from a Lyme patient that a Dr near me treated lyme so I walked in and asked the receptionist if they treated lyme patients and if they would send in the test kit for me.

    They said they would ask the Dr and they called me and said he didn't really treat a chronic lyme patient he would treat me short term and offered an ABX even before the test results as he knew blood tests were not very accurate and one is diagnosed primarily by symptoms and elimination of other causes if possible.

    I would just call around and see if I could find a lyme litterate DR which can be hard to find, but I suspect any sincere Dr with even a little awareness of lyme would check you out and order a blood test. Blessings
  5. kriket

    kriket New Member

    If anyone else has any more suggestions, please share. I was told that it was hard to find a doctor that treated this Lyme stuff, and I am beginning to believe it.