what kind of dr does trigger point injections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. charlenef

    charlenef New Member

    i have a appointment with my rhuemy soon i really dont know if she does this or we really never talked about any info would be great thanks charlene
  2. ayhatch

    ayhatch New Member

    to a neurologist. He injected my points with Marcaine (spelling? It's in the novacaine family). The needles are long and thin and it was the most painful thing I had ever experienced, BUT it was perversely divine! I felt such pain and such release at the same time. I wish I could have them on a regular basis...really!
  3. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member


    My injections can only be give twice a month and it seems worth it. And it seems my insurance will only pay for two treatments a month.

    Good luck, though. IMHO, but it really seems to help.

  4. pat460

    pat460 New Member

    My rheumy also did mine.

  5. Mini4Me

    Mini4Me New Member

    no, not psychaiatrist, she's a rehabilitation specialist. She does the trigger point injections with saliene solution because the needle itself releases the trigger point, so you don't need any medication.

    Yes, it can be unpleasant while it happens, but when I'm done, I feel this total peaceful, relaxing release, it's wonderful!

    Sometimes I get bruising from the treatments, but I think they really help loosen me up in the long run.

    I would recommend a rehab specialist or a neuro.
  6. charlenef

    charlenef New Member

    i hope my rhumey does them i wonder why it was never mentioned by her every med i tried doesnt agree with my stomach so i thought i would try something new charlene