what kind of dr will I need to dx CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jesuslovesu, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. jesuslovesu

    jesuslovesu New Member

    My PCP is going to refer me to a specialist to give me a formal diagnosis of cfs even though he is certain that is what i have because he doesn't know much about it or how to treat it. what type of dr would I go to? any suggestions??
  2. AllWXRider

    AllWXRider New Member

    There is no AMerican Medical Association "standardized" treatment for CFS or FM therefore, there is no cookbook approach.

    There are a multitude of causes as lined out in Dr. Jacob Tietelbaum's book "From Fatigued to Fantastic".

    Viruses are a common cause:
    Lyme, Epstein-Barr, Cytomegalo, HHV-6

    Something depresses the immune system, so you may have several viruses.

    In my case, I found that I have toxic metals: Lead, Cadmium, Antimony and Arsenic. The Lead is a known immune suppressor so I may have my problem solved. I'm chelating the metals out right now using DMSA. I found the metals using a Hair Analysis from 1to1vitamins.

    Yahweh loves you too.
  3. balletdancer74

    balletdancer74 New Member


    An immunologist, infectious diseases specialist or even a GP/internist who specializes in CFIDS/M.E. can diagnose you.

    I'd start there...

    Good luck. Everyone is different, so a treatment that helps one person may not help you and vice versa, but be willing to try a lot of things. While there is no cure, you will get better with the right treatment plan.

    Diet, acupuncture, medications, vitamins/minerals, etc. are all helpful when you find the right people to administer them.

    LB32 (Leeza)
  4. jesuslovesu

    jesuslovesu New Member

[ advertisement ]