What kind of JOB can I do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mindbender, Oct 11, 2006.

1. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm getting ready to go to 3rd phase for disability. The court date. I've been unable to work a regular job, because of drugs, unable to move at spur of the moment, muscle cramps if I'm lifting, or carying anything. Even right now just supporting the key board on my lap.

My computer skills are lacking, but could probably do something in this area. All my experience is in manual labor. I have a degree in the School of Hard Knoks. No one asks that one as a qualification.

Maraige very unstable, It's been a rough 13 yrs, and will probably be over after I get disability, or some kind of personal income. Look, I'll stop here, You get the picture.
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I just might do that. I've grown a large interest in them. Once again though, I have no income.

Thank you
    Dan
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Ohhh when you figure this one out let me know. All my past employment has all been physical labour. and i loved it. Have finally got it through my thick skull, i will never go back any of that type of work.

But like you say, what then?? And it has to be something to get in cheap..... coz i got no income either. My health keeps my husbands money broke.

So if you do get a brainwave let me know, I won't be in competition with ya coz i'm all the way down in new zealand.!

Good luck with your disability, I read that its such a rigmorol to get allowances that your entitled to.

It's more black and white here... Because my husband works i am not entitled to sickness. although if he got ill and i was working he would be entitled to it, as well as home help and all the extras, and i get zip zero zilch!!
    And thats the law and thats that!!!
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I hope I got your name right, if not I'll edit.

From what I've seen and heard New Zealand is fabulous.

Sorry about their policies. I forgot what I was going to write
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

That is a great suggestion. Also I do know that you are spreading the word from seeing some of your posts.

I get tongue tied, but you don't think that will be a problem.

Here I have to wait for disability to run it's course. If a person gets a job during the time it takes, then they will not qualify. I'm just covering all my bases.
  6. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I wonder if you can do telemarketing from home too? Thats not a bad idea. thanx for that. I'm pretty sure my sons friends parent did it for a while and i am sure he worked from home.

Next time i am up going to town i will catch up with them and see what it's all about.

Always good to have a plan a b and c mindbender, once you get disability, will you be allowed to work part time or do they cut you off?
  7. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I am in the wait stage for my SSD, waiting 2 years for a hearing. I know any job with any bit of income disqualifies you, but what about taking a class? My own thinking on this is if you are able to school, you are able wo work????? Does anyone know?
  8. mindbender

mindbender New Member

It costs money though, and I have none.

After ssd you can work some hrs, I don't know how many.
    I havn't been able to do much anyways.

I take a large does of Lyrica. I don't know who would hire me. I learned on another post that you don't have to divulge that information, but if you don't and something goes wrong I will not be covered. you know what I mean?

Do you know how I've treated tele marketers? If what comes around, goes around. Ha!

I have to go now. see you tomorrow.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  9. blonderescue

blonderescue New Member

Hi there.

I totally feel for you and hope you find a way to cope.

If your marriage fails - because you can't work, or are sick, well that is called breach of contract - the deal was in sickness and in health, richer or poorer....either way, all you can do is your best. Having said that, I wouldn't even try to have a romantic relationship with another human at the moment - I have enough trouble trying to survive myself, never mind having energy to put into someone else.

The school of hard knocks is a great training ground for Millionaires. When you are up to it, and only you will know, you may want to consider a home business, then you can regulate your hours. I don't think the time is right yet for you to do that, best to get your survival income (disability etc.) organised first.

Hope this helps. ONly took me 10 years to work all this out.

Dont be fooled into thinking you are a lesser person - that is the devil's voice.

xx
    Kaz
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Did you ever study art? Based on the drawing in your profile you have fabulous talent. Does Ohio have a state dept. of rehab. that helps people get training, find jobs, etc.

Maybe you could do some commerical art projects at home. Any magazines or book publishers near you? Maybe you could illustrate for them.

Maybe some local bands would like you to design posters for them. Seems a shame not to use all that wonderful ability.

Good luck.
  11. maedaze

maedaze New Member

heheheh, yep no what you mean about telemarkerters! I don't know if i could handle being sworn at and hung up on all day. Have enough problems using the telephone as it is!!

Buying and selling online is always an option -it's amazing what people buy at auctions. But you have to be up to going to a post office twice a week and the brain has to be functioning to be able to list them. Hence i only get to do it periodicaly when the health allows.

Its not a massive income, but it's something and you can do it from home. don't think you would have to declare it either would you?

Good luck with your disability, from what i read they make it so hard to get money you are entitled to over there. So what do people live on in the weeks/months/years inbetween?
  12. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I am in somewhat the same boat. It has been a year of fighting with longterm disability for money.( which I still dont have) I had to enlist and attorney.
    And I am also waitng for my ssdi hearing in the next few months again another attorney.

After submitting ALL my records to LTD. LTD hires another disability company to find anything in your medical records an take it out of contence. They ( LTD ) do the tactics of hiring independent goon doctors who could give a rats butt and make wrongful conclusions.

As follows this has just happened to me. At a theraphy session way back in March of 2005 and only 2 sessions as
    the therapist was attempting to convert me to another religion I had quit.

However, when I did talk to this wacked therapist and when you go in the therapist akses you a ton of questions an I rambled a mile away.

Had said ( at that time I was going to college but had to drop out because of my health issues. ) And I tested out of that class in JAn 2005 b4 the snow ball started to roll down hill.

Now, the LTD people have send a letter to my doctor which
    had a statement of ( after my doctor filled out a form for them on what I could and couldnt do. One was sit longer than 20 minutes.)WHich I can not do with out changing posistions.

Back to the shrink in CA they hire to read my claim......said. "Well, IF she can go to school and go to theraphy sessions , both times you generally sit more than
    50 minutes. DId the patient change positions in that amount of time.??

Also patient claimed to have traveled an hour by car to Lancaster , PA and seemd to have no problem driving the distance and not changeing positions.

My doctor of 20 years wrote back and said. "I was not sitting next to my patient therefore I do not know IF she changed positions or not"

My echo of caution is this: One must be careful at this ssdi game.

I know I was survalianced ( spelling) by LTD.

I am 49 and for the life of me can not figure out what I want to do myself. I have a paralegal cert. but, no bachlors degree and no one would hire me.

Now, with my brains scrambled at a moments notice......
    ALong with the health issues that go with all this mess.

I could multi-task IF they gave me an office with a loo.

They also have a thing called 'ticket to work" by, offive of vocation and rehabilitation.

But, my er of caution again is after they pay for your training or something. Then you are asked to find a job that will let you work with your disabilities.

Face it employers want perfect people with no health related issues.

All the best to you. I wish I had a magic wand for ALL of us. To give everyone the things they deserve.

Should you decide to sell your art make sure you have it in both names,. That is the tricky part.

Wildflowers2

13. maedaze

maedaze New Member

so how do you get money in the meantime? Is there an interem disablitily which you get paid until the big one is passed? We don't have this system over here, they either accept you or not. Pretty black and white! and all that is dealt with in the fist month of leaving work.

I get nothing because my husband works, but if he got sick and i was still working he would be entitled to sickness benefit, home help and a whole lot of things i desperately need but are not provided - because my husband works! Hence we now can't afford to have things that would help us out and they are things that should have been provided for for free.