What kind of life is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by golden, Aug 16, 2003.

1. golden

golden New Member

This year I cried almost every day, have back pain, major headaches and the list goes on. When you have a tumor on your spine and your legs give out. Then there is that anxiety of a PET scan to see if you have cancer, with the anxiety of a CAT scan for a lesion on your lung. Now you go for a 3 hour operation to remove the tumor which is non- cancerous after waiting 3 weeks for the results. You go home and for a week you sweat blood trying to go to the bathroom. Now for 3 week, things are looking good until you developed a ghost nerve pulling at your arm which almost sends you to the nut house and this last about 3 month before you get relief and it still bothers me 5 months later. At the same time you develop lots of weakness, nervousness, anxiety, panic, and crap that isn’t even in the books. This is related to the arm problem. Then add having a hard time breathing for the last month are so and the doctors say it’s your nerves. I ask for my medical report this year and they send me a 130 page report. I have taken medication that has made me lose 10 pounds in a week, made me very sick, and even depressed me more. Tests, two colon test, a bladder test, you can imagine what that’s like. This year, I have had almost 2 dozen major tests, about 100 blood test; I see the doctor or go the hospital about twice a week. So now I’m wondering “What’s Next”

Golden
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU !!!!!! THIS IS NOT THE LIFE I PLANNED ON OR WANTED...... BUT IT IS STILL LIFE.... I QUIT ASKING MYSELF A LONG TIME AGO , " WHAT'S NEXT... " JUST HOW TO DO THE BEST I CAN WITH WHAT I HAVE.... EVERYONE ON THIS SITE KNOWS HOW TOUGH IT IS & CAN BE..... & I KNOW I PRAY TO THE SUPREME BEING.... MY CHOICE OF NAMES... GOD FOR MORE HELP & STRENGTH...... I HAVE LESS PROBLEMS THAN SOME & MORE THAN OTHERS..... I PREFER NOT TO GO THROUGH MY LIST BECAUSE IT TENDS TO DEPRESS ME..... THERE ARE A LOT OF PRAYERS & HELP ON THIS SITE..... & ALSO SUPPORT..... THIS SITE PROBABLY WON'T CURE YOU , BUT IT CAN HELP YOU COPE !!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THIS SITE THAT CAN HELP YOU MORE THAN ME...... BUT I OFFER YOU MY HAND OF FRIENDSHIP !!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

abd at least we feel we are alive and just go with it. Yes, you have to keep on top of all symtoms and get them checked. I went to the Podiatrist for the first time ever to get a couple ingrown toe nails fixed. We as with all the other times i go some where they found bone spures under the two big toe nails and then 2 cysts growing in my foot bones that had to be fixed and in a few more years I'll have some removal of arthritis and fusion done, 8 weeks in bed he says for that one. That's just the left foot. I need at least 6 more surgeries on my bod. I look like a patch work quilt already now I have scares head to toe literally. Yes, it very much a whats next thing, but, that is the way for us so we accept it and go forward. A good sence maybe I should say great sence of hummor is needed and to just go with the flow and keep track of you and your health. I go to my PC and he just tells me I am an intreging inegma. Well, you have no choice but, to live or die and we chose to live and laugh at all the stuff that keeps piling up. I did the upper and lower GI scopeing 2 days before foot surery and he has to redo I was so sick with that stuff to clear you out it didn't work. He said he found diverticulious and must redo. But, I get a GT for the next one.

It is so rediculous how many things just keep om piling up you gotta just laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Keep your spirits and know we all understand and a good cry now and then is healthy. Don't need to pen it up and get those ulcers back we say.

Take care and hang in, Kim and Gary
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Right now, with pain and depression, lack of sleep.. Yeah what kind of life is this!

But then tomorrow I will be uplifted when attending church, praising god, and gaining strength. In a day or two I will say its time for my next level of understanding of it all.

Its been so hot and humid here. Its messing me up!

I try to keep in mind.. This too shall pass.
  5. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

That couldn't have been better said. I know how miserable all this can be, as does everyone else here. I try to think positive, although some days that is pretty difficult. There is lots of compassion here, and prayers go out all the time. God Bless you.
  6. golden

golden New Member

Thank You for your kind words. I cried when I read your posts. I feel embarrass because I feel that most of you are feeling worst than I am. I am just a big baby and feel sorry for myself. I will be going to church in 2 hours which will help. I have faith that life will get better. Thank You again for your kind post to me.

Golden
  7. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

We all have a load to carry. Please don't add embarasment to your list.

Take good care, Kim and Gary
  8. Felce

Felce New Member

Dear Golden, I read your post and realized we are truly not alone with this awful condition. The only thing that keeps me going is my faith in Christ. When I wake up in the morning I ask The Lord give me strength to make it through this day. I don`t understand why some of us aren`t healed on this earth, but I do know this, if your a Christian and given your life to God weather here on earth or when we go to heaven we will be healed. God has given me so much compassion for others since I know what real pain feels like. I have written an article for a Christian newspaper titled, " Fibromyalgia another lap around the mountain". It was God inspired and I pray it touched a lot of people that suffer.I`m new to this so I`m not sure of the rules. I`d be happy to mail anyone a copy of the article if I could get an address, or I could post the article.Lets remember all of the people in this world that suffer with chronic pain and pray for them everday. I won`t forget you in my prayers. Sincerely, Felce
  9. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

THERE IS NO REASON TO BE EMBARRASSED !!!!!!!! WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR LETTER IS SOMETHING YOU HAD TO DO. I BELIEVE MOST OF US DO HAVE TO DO THIS FROM TIME TO TIME. IT HAS MANY NAMES: HAVING SOMEBODY TO LEAN ON ,HAVING A SHOULDER TO CRY ON , GETTING A LOAD OFF YOUR CHEST , VENTING , OR JUST RELIEVING THE PRESSURE...... JUST TO NAME A FEW..... THESE DD'S. BUILD UP TREMENDOUS PRESSURES & WE ALL MUST HAVE A RELEASE OR THE LOAD MAY GO OVER THE MAX. ANYONE CAN HANDLE. THIS SITE HELPS US HELP OTHERS & OURSELVES. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO FIND THIS SITE BEFORE I "POPPED". TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS TO EVERYONE HERE !!!!!THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  10. bluenoser100

bluenoser100 New Member

hi golden
    hi there i spoke with you in chat room the other nite. i am sorry you are having a rough time of it and have you in my prayers.
    i'm bluenoser Barb
  11. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

FOR GOLDEN..... I HOPE YOU ARE STILL FEELING BETTER !!!!! I KNOW THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF PRAYERS FOR YOU. THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT THINGS ABOUT THIS SITE..... WHEN YOU START TO FEEL ALONE , CHALLENGES SEEM TO BE GETTING AHEAD OF YOU , OR WHATEVER..... THERE ARE LOTS OF HANDS HERE WILLING TO REACH OUT TO HELP. ALSO , YOU CAN REACH OUT TO OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR TIME OF NEED. I WANTED TO ALSO ADD , YOU WERE NOT BEING A "BIG BABY " & IT REALLY DOES'NT MATTER HOW MANY CHALLENGES YOUR DD'S. HAVE GIVEN YOU. SOME OF US HAVE LESS & SOME OF US HAVE MORE. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT & WE ALL NOW KNOW WHERE WE CAN GO WHEN WE NEED ASSISTANCE FROM OTHERS THAT ARE TRYING TO BAIL OUT THE SAME BOAT...... TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  12. golden

golden New Member

Things were looking up a couple of days ago and found out the treadmill was causing my breathing problems. Thought I was on the road to recovery after 5 months, due to the surgery 6 months ago. Now I have a nerve in the left leg that is bothering me. I hope that this will past one of these days and when it does I hope nothing eles comes up. I have had at least a dozen things hit me in the face since my operation. Oh well, I will pray and maybe one of these days I can be back to normal, for my wife mostly. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Golden