What kind of lyme test do they use at the FFC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Nov 27, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I noticed on the post about where everyone was from who has lyme disease that one person said the Quest test doesn't show anything for lyme or isn't accurate.

Is this what the FFC uses?

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

They send your blood sample to Igenex specialized lab. Takes a few weeks to come back. Igenex can also test for lymes co-infections.

3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I am at the Atlanta FFC.b You could always call and ask. Minw was negative and I have none of the co infections. Lynn
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

The first time around at FFC, when I was tested for the various viruses, bacteria, yeast, etc. and Lyme, it was all through Quest. At that time I tested negative for Lyme.

My symptoms persisted and I was not improving. In October my Dr. then requested the Igenex Western Blot. I do wish that it had just been done from the outset. I'm not sure why it was not.

Perhaps it is because of the cost involved, it is more expensive. Perhaps at the time the Dr. did not strongly suspect it. At any rate, I tested positive on the Igenex.

So if you want the definitive test from the get-go, then I suggest that you ask and make sure it is what you are getting.

Good luck!
    Hopeful4