Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jun 8, 2008.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

While having pain with FM it usually does not affect my range of motion. So I can flex my legs, arms, walk okay but only when I have the energy.

While there are certainly times it does hurt to do the above, I do not get it often and wonder how much being inactive affects this.

The pain I get is like a deep throbbing/aching that feels like it is going from my muscles to my bone. I will sometimes ache so much especially when having a flare it hurts to breath from the Costochondritis. But again in a flare the C has a lot more achiness to it.

If I push on my skin, it hurts, mostly where the tender points are but also can be in other places on my body. If someone hugs me too hard, that hurts.

We all have different reactions to many things and am curious if we also differ in the types and degree of pain?

And what about this butt pain. Are there really that many muscles there?

Thanks in advance,

[This Message was Edited on 06/08/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2008]
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I certainly know what you mean about that!

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

So do I!!! I am laughing so hard, I have tears running down my face.

Unfortunately, it makes my "butt pain" worse. LOL.

That was hilarious!!!!

Thanks for posting this.

Wishing you the best.

4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi Ga,
    My pain is severe migaines,severe joint pain in all of my joints, muscle pain....yes including butt pain, haha! Especially since I was sleepwalking in my kitchen about a week ago and really busted my butt good. I was standing sound alseep in the kitchen and all the sudden my feet went out from under me. I hit the floor really hard. Right on my butt. My back has been killing me ever since. It's getting better with rest, but it is still pretty sore. I busted my butt pretty good, haha! I need to quit sleepwalking! I'm getting too old for that kind of stuff!

5. momof471

momof471 New Member

I feel strange when I talk about the butt pain, it helps to know I'm not alone. The worst is when I'm preparing to stand up and I know its going to hurt really bad when I do.

The tender points are all over my body and I feel like one big bruise. The majority of my joints hurt, I have chronic tendonitis and costochondrits,some days are much worse than others.

Then there isthe indescribable neck and back pain, the foot pain and the daily headaches.

Also the burning and numbness does not help matters.

It can be really overwhelming at times, especially when thinking of everything that hurts.

God BLess
  6. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Define "butt pain"!
    The sides of my butt hurt.
    The back of my butt hurts.
    The groin of my butt hurts.
    Are there other areas included?
    Then, there's the boob pain...

BILLCAMO New Member

Butt pain is included . But , I try to not BE a pain in the butt. (I'm not always successful.....) :>)

As far as boob pain , that's another subject. Even though I don't wear a bra and have never had a mammogram , I have that too.

At times , the only thing that doesn't hurt is my belly button. At least that's not "herniated".....LOL.

Blessings ,

8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

You do make me laugh. This butt pain. I get it right deep in both cheeks. Sometimes just one, but usually both these days.

I used to accuse my husband of kicking me at night! Apparently the pyriformis muscle is what's acting up. It's a pretty strong muscle I'd say because it does really hurt.

I figure that I must have lots of tender points because I have them in more places that just the chart. Mainly though, it's my back, shoulders, hips and knees. Sometime feet. Those pains can be more sharp.

I get the Costo too which always adds to the fun. Other times, I just feel so achy and stiff. If it wasn't for my meds, I don't think I could get out of bed.

Watch your butt!

9. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Right now my costochondritis is killing me. My ribs and sides have that burning aching feeling. Nothing helps. Of course the shoulder pain, foot pain, hand pain, leg pain, and yes BUTT PAIN the worst place is right under my butt just where the legs get started. The doc told me there is no major muscle there that it's probably sattelite pain. Whatever it is, it hurts to sit, it hurts to stand.

Thank you to the poster who mentioned chronic tendonitis. I seem to have tendonitis at different points all over my body. I didn't know that could happen. Oy!

Soldier on folks. Gentle hugs.

10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Actually, my rheumatologist told me they have found more tender points than the standard 18.

Aren't two of the tender points in our lower back, right above our b**t!! However, mine is also on the sides.

I kind of added about the butt pain at the last moment. However, this has turned out to be pretty funny. LOL!!

Carry on!!