what kind of pajamas do you like?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

With years of pajama-wearing under my belt - so to speak - I've become somewhat particular in what I expect of my everyday pajamas.

I like: cotton, long sleeves, buttons, a collar, pastel colors - except for yellow (sorry Prickles! lol)

What kind of pajamas do you like?
    ((ah, comfortable)) Shannon
  2. Shannonsparkles

Someone gave me some pink ones with hearts and teddy bears hugging eachother. Enough time spent wearing that would mellow anyone out. lol

For sleeping, I'll wear pretty much anything that fits and is cotton. With most of my stuff comming from thrift stores, I get some pretty weird ensembles.

Who else loves their PJ's?
    ((warm fuzzy thoughts)) Shannon
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Shannonsparkles:
    I do not like feeling confined at night, so the less, the better. They are usually shorts and a tee-shirt (oversized)--all cotton. I also wear fuzzy socks to bed.

For me: less is more.

nyrofan
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Cotton big shirt types are my favorite. I've got lots of PJ many look like dresses so I can wear them during the day and look dressed but they are not as comfy to sleep in as my shirt types.. We are all PJ experts!lol
    Dee50
  5. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I hate wearing Pj's.

But I have to with 2 boys in the house.

So, my choice is a big t-shirt and gym shorts.

Thanks,
    Cindy
  6. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

For me it has to be the shortest shorts and the thinest smallest tops!!!

I suffer with incredible boiling heat ALL the time and it ia all I can wear.Cotton is best too as I burn all night in bed and I have to sleep under window even in cold weather.
    I hate going on my webcam cos I always look as if I am naked to the family lol.

Very rarely (if I am not well)I will wear long pj pants and long sleeve top but only til I am feeling ok.

Stay cool is my motto!
    Rena
  7. starmom

starmom New Member

I literally cannot sleep in anything. My skin is always so sensitive that my clothing hurts. I have 2 nightshirts that are very light and comfy. I can somteimes fall asleep in them. HOWEVER, I end up taking htem off in my sleep. Luckily I sleep with covers up to my chin so air doesn't blow on me. Can's stand that either.

I started this in college. My first roomie said it was a trip to watch me thrash under the covers, then a hand would come out with my nightie. Dh also thinks it is funny to watch.

This is why I sleep with our door firmly closed (and we have our own bathroom!)

Susie
  8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Anything big, loose, cotton.

June
  9. Geechie

Geechie New Member

that come without a shirt, in a plaid or something similar, and a solid color tshirt. I feel I can answer the door in this, or go outside, without looking like an old woman in pj's!
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so soft and warm...i bought them at costco...picked up one pair wore them and had to go get more...

jodie
  11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Prefer capri style bottoms and top with no sleeves or short sleeves. Must be light fabric.

I always wake up hot and take everything off around midnight.

I have day pjs and night pjs.

Cute Post.

Sue in Ontario

12. darude

darude New Member

I wear PJ bottms with matching tank top then I can go to door in them or outside.
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I wear summer cotton above the knee nightgowns that I get from J C Penney's. They are very comfortable and I love them. I wear them year around.

I like it cool to sleep or the ceiling fan on. Hubby doesn't like it cool or the fan on though. :(

I have an adult son living with us, so the nightgowns are not see through or too light.

Hugs,
    Faye
  14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I like soft, warm cotton pajamas, OR warm-up/jogging suits, whichever--the ones that people wore about 10 or more years ago and I'm still wearing. Of course I'm very cold natured.

Nice topic and cute one!

BlueSky555
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

wear long sleeved flannelette pjys in the winter coz theyre warm but i have 2 wear a size bigger so that the elastic doesnt hurt me my faves have cats all over them.
    And i wear the long pants aswell becoz i overheat i have to take them off so i dont burn up.
    In summer i wear shorts & strappy top if im to hot i take them off.
    I love to slob out in my pyjs theyre soo comfie.
    Fibrolady37.
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

sleeved and year round. I keep the house very cool as ANY heat just makes my FM worse and makes me feel terrible in general. And I live in the Phoenix valley! UGH! Several doctors have asked me WHAT I am doing living here and I only can say it's where my husband's work is or I would NOT be here one more DAY!
  17. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

and since I am an Eeyore fan I have many pairs with Eeyore on them.

I have one pair of pjs that consist of a t-shirt with Eeyore and the pants are like cropped pants with stripes and Eeyore embroidered on my left side.

Well, we live downtown. Early one morning before I took my son to school my neighbor knocked on the door and told me my dog was out of the fence. I went out and sure enough he was over on Main Street in the middle of the early morning rush hour traffic. I ran barefoot in my Eeyore pjs down Main Street after my dog. People were staring and a few honked. I'm sure many people got to work and said, "You'll never believe what I saw on Main Street this morning."

I get teased about that a lot. But, hey, I got the dog back in the fence without getting hit by a car!

Linda
  18. spacee

spacee Member

This is my current problem. If I buy "my size" pjs they shrink. So, I buy a size bigger and they DON"T shrink. It is getting to be a real problem.

Anyway for sleep....only a sleep bra...nothing else.

Daytime pjs/loungewear...cotton, cotton, cotton.

I think we all have sensitive skin issues because my twin doesn't sleep in all cotton. I don't know how she stands it but it doesn't bother her.

Hugs, Spacee
  19. lease79

lease79 New Member

Flannelette Jammies are my favourite, & they have to be at least 2 sizes too big, so they're all baggy & don't pushin on my tummy or any other part ;)

Lisa
  20. Shannonsparkles

I wear larger than I need too. That way, if I gain a few pounds, I'll never notice! ;) Much comfier too.

I never needed PJ's till I got really sick. Before that, I could control my body temperature. But when I got sicker in 2002, I was so cold at night that I'd wear five pairs layered all at once. Then I'd wake up later in the night and take off half of the layers. I was going hot and cold all the time.

Light pajamas and several inches thick of blankets and an electric blanket and a space heater with timer settings seems to do it for me now, and two layers of pajamas and one thick blanket for daytime. :) Our house gets pretty hot in sumer though, so I'm down to one pair at a time for warmer days. Still have to have every inch of me covered though (except face and hands) or I get a chill.

Cute stories everyone! Thanks for sharing!
    ((pajamas!)) Shannon