What level are you?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by mac123, Sep 30, 2007.

1. mac123

mac123 New Member

Hi all,
    I was taken down by lyme this summer. Owning a summer business I usually worked 12-14 hour days. I was treated for lyme in Mid June (doxy for 21 days) and denied the fact that I was sick until I collapsed around Aug 1st. I couldn't deal with anyone and my doctor treated me for depression.

Now I'm trying to figure out how bad I have lyme disease. In other words what "level" on the general scale of people who have lyme do I fall into.

Here are my general symptoms:
    1. I haven't felt like I have had a good nights rest since I was diagnosed. I don't feel any "energy" when I wake up in the morning.

2. My mind seems to do what it wants and it is almost like I have dyslexia both with words, typing, and physical movements. (I am a chef and my coordination while cooking sometimes "escapes" me.)

3. I have odd reactions to small doses of alcohol or sometimes no odd reaction at all. These reactions range from feeling intoxicated off of 1 or 2 sips of beer, to total nausea and a "drained" sensation that comes over me.

4. I have had a sore back for many years but it seems to be much stiffer and worse now.

5. As the owner of a small company I now find myself not able to "deal" with certain issues that cause stress or anxiety (like hiring/ firing, or even larger "business" decisions).

So basically, since I have lyme, I am trying to find out who out there shares some of these same symptoms. If we do all have different levels of infection, can we at least relate to other people who are on are "level".

I think I have accepted the fact that my life won't be the same. I think one of the hardest parts is not having anyone around me who really understands. No one ever will, at least that is how I feel right now. I don't know how to fight this feeling of "not really sure" of anything. I have always thrieved on a challenge and looked at every stressful situation as a building block of success. Now I don't even want to answer simple emails from employees.

So, to get back to my basic question, is anyone else on this "level". I think it would be so helpful to many of us with lyme to have other people to understand our specific issues/ symptoms and to see where we overlap. From here we could develop a "treatment map" of certain "types" of people who are affected in specific ways, and thus have a better understanding and a head start when it comes to overcoming our lymes.

sorry for the long post...i guess it is about time i really fight this damn disease.
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I share many of your symptoms. I have not been able to work much since last fall. Are you still working full time at your business?

Are you still on antibiotics? I have been on abx for 7 months and am doing better.

One thing I can tell you is that drinking alcohol is not a good idea if you have lyme. Sugar is also not good. Lyme loves sugar and simple carbs and will make you feel worse. Alcohol is worse than sugar. If you want to do some reading google. Dr. Burrascano. He knows a lot about lyme. He says the key to recovery is inforced rest, take all meds on time and no alcohol.

Good luck to you!!!
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Looke into the Nutramedix nutraceuticals cumanda, burbur, samento, and banderol. They are pretty strong, and will at least target the LYme until you find a Lyme doctor. Several on the board have tried them.

CherylSue