What makes you HAPPY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Nov 6, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I've found lately that even when you're having a tough time with flares, and just things not going your way.. it really helps to focus on some of the little things in your life that still make you smile and keep your mind in a good place.

So what are the things that make you HAPPY?

For me it's animals (my pets, horses, etc), taking a nice walk (or sitting, whichever kind of day it is) outside and getting the fresh air, curling up with an electric blanket and a tea and reading a great book, taking pictures and looking back at old pictures, and planning things for the future.

What about you?
  2. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

When I'm not doing good and my cats curl up in bed with me or watching the kids play in the leaves outside. I also go tanning. When I feel cold to the bone it feels so nice to lay and relax and let the tanning bed heat you up.
    Cindy
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

There's a lot that makes me happy. I'm fairly easy to please.

*When people use manners in public.
    *Elmo, my duck leader.
    *My kitty (AKA Moose)
    *Trees
    *My friends
    *A good movie
    *Shopping (with money, haha)
    *Bubble wrap
    *Bubbles.
    *Chalk
    *Crayons
    *Empty notebooks
    *My Gramma/my mum
    *When I try on clothes and they FIT
    *When my hair's pretty

I could go on for hours, and the list isn't in any special order, those are just what came to mind.

PS. Forgot PLAYDOH!! (Stares longingly at picture of 50 mini tubs of playdoh that will be a Christmas gift for moi...I just don't know that >_> <_< )
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

It doesn't matter how sad I am, but it never fails that while watching my little 4 week old kittens play with each other, a smile always comes over me.

The best perscription for depression is a litter of kittens :)
  5. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

snuggling with my puppies & watching them play, waking up with one puppy on each side of me and not having to get up for work. Snuggling with my husband and joking around, laughing on the phone with my Mom, hugging my kids & spending time with my kids, enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning on a day off, sitting in front of the fire getting warm, curling up under my heating blanket, christmas morning, playing on the computer, going to state fair each year with my husband, having the sunshine beat down on me and make me feel warm, relaxed and happy... and the list goes on. Enjoying the little things in life and being around the people we love are important. Have a great day. Susi-di
  6. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Same here Butterfly, my animals.

I don't think thee is anything I enjoy more than listening to horses quietly munching hay. Just wish I had the energy to spend aome time with them.

Shar
  7. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I coudn't ask for more. Wonderful family, parents (including in-laws), hubby, children & grandchildren and siblings, wonderful pets (2 crazy cats & a dog), a job I love and a magical place to live.

8. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

She is 6 yrs old and the joy of my life. We play games together. She knows Nana isn't able to get physical some times so we do a lot of jigsaw puzzles, coloring, making bead jewelry.

If I feel up to it, in the summer, we play simple outdoor games, like ring toss, take walks to the creek. She always makes me happy.

sees
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

spending time with my family and friends
    having a clean house
    hearing children giggle
    when flowers bloom
    a warm sunny day
    when I am able to cook my husband a good meal
    a day without really bad pain