What med do you take for fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjwarchol, Mar 7, 2006.

1. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I am wondering what any of you take for fatigue. Years ago I was put on Cylert (a med also used for ADD but does the opposite in CFS). I seemed to do well with it and it was taken off the market recently for liver problems.

I am now on Provigil 200 mg two tablets in the morning. I don't think it works as well. I also use the normal supplements 5HTTP,CO Q10, Zinc, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Stress B vitamin.

The pain is one thing to deal with, but it's hard when you feel so tired. Thanks for any advice.

M J
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi mj
    i dont take any meds for the fatigue i use pacing and rest when my body screams to. i get by ok and through the week its amazing what gets done.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MJ:
    That fatigue is a miserable thing. I can not stand when it happens.
    I rely on anti-depressants to give me a boost. I take Lexapro and Elavil and they seem to help. Even when I take to the bed I know it could be much worse without them.
    Before I left for my sister's I slept for six days straight.
    I came out of it OK and my body must have needed it.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MJ:
    That fatigue is a miserable thing. I can not stand when it happens.
    I rely on anti-depressants to give me a boost. I take Lexapro and Elavil and they seem to help. Even when I take to the bed I know it could be much worse without them.
    Before I left for my sister's I slept for six days straight.
    I came out of it OK and my body must have needed it.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Have your levels checked. Most likely they are really low.

I cannot live without DHEA.

TIM
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm finding excellent results from the CoQ10. I also added the B-12 sublingual from the Pro Health store and I've been doing great with getting less sleep and still feeling refreshed when I wake up.

I have been up a lot at night, very late, due to GERD problems. I don't know what I would do without those supplements above. I can now make it on 8 hours of sleep instead of 12 to 14 hours.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I'm taking Provigil, 100 am and 100 at noon. At first it seemed to help, but not so much now.

Also taking T3/T4 1 GR. It helps to some degree.

Also on lots of supplements. Still very fatigued and fogged. Hopefully, when I'm further along in my lyme treatment, I'll have some spunk back.
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

If your adrenals are weak, an adrenal glandular product can help a lot with fatigue. Some good ones are Drenatrophin by Standard process, Adrenogen and Cytozyme AD, by Biotics. I've gotten all of these from chiropracotrs.

Additionally, your thyroid may need help even if it tests "normal".

Other things that can help with energy are magnesium and malic acid, NADH, l-carnitine or acetyl-l-carnitine and calcium pyruvate. Also B-12 injections or sublingual B-12 help some people.

I've recently started taking RNA by Nature's Life on my doctor's advice and I think it's helping some with energy, but I was sick for 2-1/2 weeks and am just getting over it, so can't really tell yet, but I'm a little hopeful.

Also, read the book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" by Jacob Teitelbaum, he has a lot of good information.

Good luck --

Mary
  9. lea

lea Member

Is it an RNA/DNA and how many mg?
    thank you
    best,
    lea
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Along with several of the above, I take Alpha Lipoic Acid.